What I did was stupid

Metal Rabbit

If you weren't here yesterday, you missed a spectacle of both unprecedented power abuse and idiocy.

I made all the topics in Far From the Forest turn invisible. My intentions were to torture users, go to sleep and fix my mess in the morning. That didn't happen though, because Hanz beat me to the punch and kept me in line. After I came back on an hour later from the mod abuse extrodinaire, I couldn't believe some of your reactions. I suppose you thought I deleted everything... I didn't though (and for the record I never would). Anyway, I layed awake last night thinking about the aftermath, like "why were they so mad?" or "will I still have a position in the morning?".

Of course, I didn't see why the board members were so pissed right away. My giant ego got in the way. This is what I think the consensus is:

This jackass misused his powers and probably deleted all of our work, our fun topics and joke topics, and everything that was there since the board opened. Although correct me if I'm wrong.

So there are some of you who want me fired, some of you want me banned. I don't care about that. What I do care about is that I lost the respect and trust of alot of members. So... if you'll still have me here, I'll work hard to regain what I lost. I need to grow up, and face my responsibilities head on.

(and I'll stop with the abuse of power to torture members)

This is my apoligy to the board and the members. I am sorry.

Well, no one would really think that you seriousy deleted all the topics. In fact, some of the more useless ones should be removed now that I think about it.

But Whateves. It's all cool.

Thanks for the lowdown ^^

Everything's cool as long as you learned something. Sometimes even the most seemingly harmless action can cause trouble to many others. I learned that the hard way as well.

If you weren't here yesterday, you missed a spectacle of both unprecedented power abuse and idiocy.

I made all the topics in Far From the Forest turn invisible. My intentions were to torture users, go to sleep and fix my mess in the morning. That didn't happen though, because Hanz beat me to the punch and kept me in line. After I came back on an hour later from the mod abuse extrodinaire, I couldn't believe some of your reactions. I suppose you thought I deleted everything... I didn't though (and for the record I never would). Anyway, I layed awake last night thinking about the aftermath, like "why were they so mad?" or "will I still have a position in the morning?".

Of course, I didn't see why the board members were so pissed right away. My giant ego got in the way. This is what I think the consensus is:

This jackass misused his powers and probably deleted all of our work, our fun topics and joke topics, and everything that was there since the board opened. Although correct me if I'm wrong.

So there are some of you who want me fired, some of you want me banned. I don't care about that. What I do care about is that I lost the respect and trust of alot of members. So... if you'll still have me here, I'll work hard to regain what I lost. I need to grow up, and face my responsibilities head on.

(and I'll stop with the abuse of power to torture members)

This is my apoligy to the board and the members. I am sorry.

I respect a man who can own up to his mistakes.

I wasnt here yesterday anyways and if i was i'd just make a "WTF MOAR ARC MOD ABUSE!" joke topic like usual

I wouldn't hold it against you as im not a grudge holder.

And well it was far from the forest.......the topics would just get pumped out like assembly line within 2 hours anyways. I could see if you tampered with the FE boards with important info and what not but the fact is:You didnt.

All in all: You GAINED MORE respect from me rather than losing any of it since you maned up and spoke out your apology.

Damn it must be weird seeing me act serious.......im gonna stop now, my brain hurts. XD

Like Masu said, though I respected you before, you just gained even more respect because it can definitely be hard to admit things like this. =D

In any case, I forgive you, even though I wasn't all that mad anyway since I was sure that you would probably set everything back to normal in the end anyway. XD

Besides, you were always a good mod, despite some of the mod abuse. I'm sure you'll just be an ever better mod in future. =D

Well...I dunno, I wasn't there. But either way...hate has no place in my heart. I haven't even judged you, or got mad at you or anything like that. You're still an awesome dude fellow!

And at least you're man enough to admit you did something wrong.

Woo, looks like I'm a bit late to the party. Frankly, if this had been an april fools joke it'd probably have gone over much differently (and probably well). Next time if one of the staff is to pull a prank, make sure all of the staff are aware and that you're prepared for any hard feelings.