Easy Mode Tier List

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Soren's problem is lack of ability. Unless you slowed down for him or plowed him with mountains of BEXP, he'll suck in part 4 pretty badly.

You are going to have to plough Astrid with mountains of BEXP or slow down for her. Assuming you have Astrid kill one enemy every single turn in 2-3 and 3-9 and she gains an entire level each time (unlikely when she's about 10 levels higher than the enemies in 2-3), she goes into 3-11 at about level 11 or 12. Meaning if you want Astrid to be 'killface' instead of pecking at enemies with a Silencer for a glorious 4HKO, you need to make up the rest with BEXP. Tell me what a 20/1 Astrid with 22STR/23SPD is going to kill, ever.

And I don't believe that a ParaBlossomed Astrid can't kill 4-E-1 Generals in EM.

Even with capped strength and a max mt Silver Lance, Astrid only has 51ATK. That only 1-rounds Generals level 9 and below, and I don't think EM Generals are that weak.

She doesn't necessarily have terrain penalties in Part 4 though if she's in Ike's route.

Sure, stick her on the route with a ton of Generals and fast enemies.

4-4 yes but rescue staff can be used for that.

Or we could use the rescue staff on Titania. And if we use the staff in 4-4 we need to go through all sorts of juggling in order to have it repaired and in the convoy so we can 1-turn 4-5. Tell you what, instead of using it to compensate for Astrid's shitty movement type, why not use it to compensate for Soren's shitty movement type?

@ Anouleth in my run I used all the paladdins ^_^. If its worth mentioning their move was highly useful in 4-E-4, 4-E-5 and even 4-E-3 for their move, canto abilities making it flexible to get refreshed. They saved me rescue staff uses.

4-E-3, 4-E-4 and 4-E-5 are joke chapters even in Hard Mode. When you are godmoding with 20/20/20 units with +5 stats, it's a struggle not to 1-turn. Good for you, you got to save a rescue staff user, that sure will come in handy for a trial map.

You are going to have to plough Astrid with mountains of BEXP or slow down for her. Assuming you have Astrid kill one enemy every single turn in 2-3 and 3-9 and she gains an entire level each time (unlikely when she's about 10 levels higher than the enemies in 2-3), she goes into 3-11 at about level 11 or 12. Meaning if you want Astrid to be 'killface' instead of pecking at enemies with a Silencer for a glorious 4HKO, you need to make up the rest with BEXP. Tell me what a 20/1 Astrid with 22STR/23SPD is going to kill, ever.

And yet, I don't see Soren doing any better.

Even with capped strength and a max mt Silver Lance, Astrid only has 51ATK. That only 1-rounds Generals level 9 and below, and I don't think EM Generals are that weak.

I wouldn't be surprised, actually.

And yet, I don't see Soren doing any better.

It's amazing how biased a person can be. Do you really not see how much better Soren's 20/1 stats are than Astrid's? Even under super generous, 100% optimum conditions for Astrid where she somehow gains 100experience from enemies that are 10 levels her junior she is STILL going to take a ton of BEXP to promote in 3-11. And if she does, her stats will be even lower than her average. Soren probably does not need any BEXP to promote, in fact, if we start BEXPing him when he caps most of his stats, he probably only needs like 4 or 5 levels, far less than the ~9 levels that Astrid needs. And he ends up with 29 magic and 25 speed, far better than her miserable 22 strength and 23 speed, and probably earlier in the game as well.

I wouldn't be surprised, actually.

I couldn't care less about what level you think that Generals have in EM. I'd much rather know for sure. Although it's quite besides the problem of actually getting Astrid to cap strength anyway. Good luck trying to get her to gain 11 strength in 19 levels. Or getting her to gain 19 levels with Blossom equipped.

Even if you don't use rescue staff on her for 4-4 there are a good amount of enemies on the right side ^^'

You're forgetting that enemies are slower on easy mode, and generals are definitely weaker in easy mode.

She's gaining around 60 exp - clean level ups a kill on 2-3 depending the enemy.

Again gaining clean level ups in 3-9.

There is good experience gain in 3-11, and 3-E.

I had her self promote midway 3-E, used blossom in 3-11 and 3-E though

Thats the tactic I used ^^' and I never once used BEXP on her by part 4 she was faster and slightly weaker than Titania. I did have good turn counts too (:

I think we're going in circles here, I'm overrating her and you're underrating her.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Or I can give Celerity to someone like Haar on Rout maps or Ike on Seize maps to actually beat the map faster.

:blink:

Why would...oh nevermind... :facepalm:I really cant see the point in putting Celerity on someone who really doesnt need it due to them having gargantuan move to begin with.

I'm still not seeing it... Astrid's base stats are laughable and her growths suck too (not to mention Soren has more availability).

Blossom usually helps that. See the below quote.

Upper Mid is too high for Meg. Her stats aren't really the problem (though her Spd caps are quite annoying, even in EM), her mobility is. It's worse than Mages. And then she has Swords, lolE Lances, and eventually lolE Axes. A Sword lock isn't such a problem for units like Trueblades who has awesome crit, but shitty 2 range without any bonuses and only minimum extra weapon ranks on promotion doesn't really cut it.

Well, with Blossom her growths are

HP: 79.75

Str: 64

Mag: 36

Skl: 69.75

Spd: 64

Lck: 91

Def: 51

Res: 75

A total 531, which is pretty insane, and she'll have a normal experience growth due to Paragon. Then the previously argued aspects of Soren.

And I don't believe that a ParaBlossomed Astrid can't kill 4-E-1 Generals in EM.

Ehhh...She has a bit of an issue doing that actually. Unless you give her Silencer, shes not really one rounding them. Soren does.

Also why is leaving Paragon on Astrid a problem anyway? Its easy mode, so really...Im not seeing why she cant keep it if you plan on using her.

Edited by Florina

It's amazing how biased a person can be. Do you really not see how much better Soren's 20/1 stats are than Astrid's? Even under super generous, 100% optimum conditions for Astrid where she somehow gains 100experience from enemies that are 10 levels her junior she is STILL going to take a ton of BEXP to promote in 3-11. And if she does, her stats will be even lower than her average. Soren probably does not need any BEXP to promote, in fact, if we start BEXPing him when he caps most of his stats, he probably only needs like 4 or 5 levels, far less than the ~9 levels that Astrid needs. And he ends up with 29 magic and 25 speed, far better than her miserable 22 strength and 23 speed, and probably earlier in the game as well.

What you have continually failed to explain is how Soren gets any experience out of the base. There is no bias here. Yes, Astrid is not good. I never said she was "ZOMGAMAZING," I just said she can do stuff and with some skills can end up helping a slight bit. Meanwhile, in your journey to attack Astrid, you have forgotten to defend Soren.

You're forgetting that enemies are slower on easy mode, and generals are definitely weaker in easy mode.

Even against level 1 enemies in Part 4 (and it's impossible for them to be weaker), 22STR/23SPD is neither 2HKOing or doubling. And the enemies are probably stronger than that, especially if you're putting her on Greil Army like you suggested.

She's gaining around 60 exp - clean level ups a kill on 2-3 depending the enemy.

Again gaining clean level ups in 3-9.

There is good experience gain in 3-11, and 3-E.

I had her self promote midway 3-E, used blossom in 3-11 and 3-E though

So not only is she taking Paragon and Blossom and being a pathetic tier 2 player phase only unit with the worst offense and durability on the team, but we need to feed her kills as well? All this so she can merely 'match' Soren in tier 3.

What you have continually failed to explain is how Soren gets any experience out of the base. There is no bias here. Yes, Astrid is not good. I never said she was "ZOMGAMAZING," I just said she can do stuff and with some skills can end up helping a slight bit. Meanwhile, in your journey to attack Astrid, you have forgotten to defend Soren.

If a unit that is locked to player phase and does single digit damage and has the worst durability on her team bar Calill and only has about 20 turns between her jointime and the start of Part 4 to gain levels is somehow going to gain 19 levels, it should be a cinch for Soren to gain 5 or 6 levels, then BEXP four levels, then Crown, when he has about twice as long to do it and doesn't need enemies to be whittled down to 10 life in order to kill them.

Edited by Anouleth

If she has blossom why would she have 23 speed? Aren't those are her stats without blossom?

That's her stats if you BEXP her. Obviously if you take the time to spoonfeed her CEXP in Part 3 and give her all the toys she needs to fix her awful growths, she would have better stats.

but what about promotion gains? She's better off not given BEXP lol.

That's including promotion gains.

Sure, BEXP hurts her stats. But without it, she needs to gain 1900 experience over 4 chapters, which are 5 turns each, in which she is arguably your single worst character. I don't think that's possible.

Aran > Muarim

maybe > ranulf too.

Aran has more availability, and since this Easy mode, his speed problems are non existant due to BEXP. Muraim comes for 3 chapters and then banishes until Par 4-4, 2 because in 1-E BK and Nailah just slaughter everything. Plus Aran has access to 2 range.

BEXP doesn't really help Aran's speed in part 1. It's tied for his 5th lowest growth. By the time BEXP helps his speed it's either for so little time it hardly matters or you BEXP'd his other stats up so now the BEXP is just helping it catch up. That said, his insane STR/DEF is great for part 3 once his speed's up.

Tier 2, though, you can expect all of his STR/SKL/SPD to be capped by like level 8 without any BEXP, probably by 6 or 7 with some BEXP help. Then, if you don't mind seriously pumping him up with BEXP come part 4 (because let's face it, you can easily give him like 10 levels of BEXP once all of the GM's extra becomes available to him if you felt like it) and he'll probably have like 28 SPD. He'll be solid for part 4.

Of course, he's a great candidate for a speedwing, I think. I don't know that anyone else is particularly close to doubling and gets so much out of it. Not only will a doubling Aran be one of your earlier consistent ORKOers but he's also one of the most durable units in the DB (probably the most durable in part 3, actually. 20/8 Aran beats Taur in DEF by 4 but loses RES by 6 [and probably more due to BEXP] and HP by 2. But that feels underleveled to me, so his HP is likely higher)so he'll become an enemy phase monster.

Maybe it should be like Aran > Ranulf > Mordy > Muarim (oops Meg idk where)

Idk if its taken into consideration but for the Dawn Brigade there are no replacements, in part 3. Where as with the Mercenaries there is a big pool of characters to pick from.

and I'm starting to think Anouleth is right ^^' with Astrid vs Soren, he does have adept it can make him much better combatant after all and the availability too.

I personally think Meg is a little bit better than Aran because she can use lances, swords, and axes.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

and I'm starting to think Anouleth is right ^^' with Astrid vs Soren, he does have adept it can make him much better combatant after all.

Soren is not keeping Adept.

I personally think Mes is a little bit better than Aran because she can use lances, swords, and axes.

I commented on this before. Mobility is a bitch.

I personally think Mes is a little bit better than Aran because she can use lances, swords, and axes.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't Meg start at E rank in lances on promotion? That isn't getting anywhere fast. And her mobility sucks.

Tier list judging is quite complicated theres so many rules to play by, I have much to learn. I was thinking Soren with adept would be a good idea because it makes him better :awesome:. I was also thinking weapon triangle control was important, but then I remembered Meg using bronze lances in 2nd tier is more of a letdown.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't Meg start at E rank in lances on promotion? That isn't getting anywhere fast. And her mobility sucks.

That is correct :lol:

she wont start using decent lances/axes until 3rd tier.

Right now i'm leaning more on Aran > Meg.

BTW is the pegasi placement correctly/about accurate?

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Tier list judging is quite complicated theres so many rules to play by, I have much to learn. I was thinking Soren with adept would be a good idea because it makes him better :awesome:. I was also thinking weapon triangle control was important, but then I remembered Meg using bronze lances in 2nd tier is more of a letdown.

I can't really say about the pegasi, but Meg's just way too high. I can't even see her above any of the characters in Middle tier.

Volug should probably be higher than Sothe, after all, because it's EM, Volug is much less borderline doubling/ORKO'ing than before. This helps his strike (doubling) and exp gains to the point where Sothe becomes entirely obsolete come part 3/early part 1. Also, better mov.

Nailah > tibarn. I mentioned this before but don't think I got a response. An availability lead does matter when you're both killing everything forever anyway.

Muarim is way too high. >Ranulf?, a tier better than Mordy? Remember we can now speedwing Mordy to have a ORKO'ing unit with 32 def and 50+HP? Easily uppermid. Heck, what puts Sigrun there and Mordy not?

In fact, much as i love the guy, Shinon needs to drop to below Mordy (where he is now), as one battle a turn is just unacceptable, and crossbows are still fairly weak even in NM (although he now 2RKO's instead of 3RKO's, everyone else ORKO's on the EP).

I think Marcia can go above Tanith. If I can get Marcia to level 12 in time for 3-11 in HM, I can only guess what level she can reach in EM where she gains about twice as much experience and four times as much BEXP.

I also think Marcia should be above Zihark. Zihark's selling point of good offense is pretty worthless in EM, you have people who do the same job in Part 1, only much more mobile. Most characters are also better in Part 3. Marcia, on the other hand, is a real asset in all of her maps except for the joke chapters like 2-P and 3-E, and is a lot better in Part 4 because of flight.

I would also like to voice support for Aran over Meg. He joins earlier, gets off the ground faster, and has better movement.

Nephenee also needs to be higher, like, above Boyd. We can sink BEXP into Nephenee and promote her in Part 2, which turns her into Ike with better availability. I really don't see why she's below the likes of Gatrie and Shinon. In fact, she should really be in Top Tier.

Volug should probably be higher than Sothe, after all, because it's EM, Volug is much less borderline doubling/ORKO'ing than before. This helps his strike (doubling) and exp gains to the point where Sothe becomes entirely obsolete come part 3/early part 1. Also, better mov.

Sothe ORKOes at 1-2 range, which Volug can never do. He also 1-rounds laguz cleanly in Part 3 without Beastfoe. Although I guess Volug could probably do the same... but he still needs to spend turns transforming just to basically be equal to Sothe.

Edited by Anouleth

Maybe it should be like Aran > Ranulf > Mordy > Muarim (oops Meg idk where)

Mordy > Ranulf.

Tiger gauge is much better than cat gauge as well as mordy being there more to help us.

Even against level 1 enemies in Part 4 (and it's impossible for them to be weaker), 22STR/23SPD is neither 2HKOing or doubling. And the enemies are probably stronger than that, especially if you're putting her on Greil Army like you suggested.

So not only is she taking Paragon and Blossom and being a pathetic tier 2 player phase only unit with the worst offense and durability on the team, but we need to feed her kills as well? All this so she can merely 'match' Soren in tier 3.

If a unit that is locked to player phase and does single digit damage and has the worst durability on her team bar Calill and only has about 20 turns between her jointime and the start of Part 4 to gain levels is somehow going to gain 19 levels, it should be a cinch for Soren to gain 5 or 6 levels, then BEXP four levels, then Crown, when he has about twice as long to do it and doesn't need enemies to be whittled down to 10 life in order to kill them.

I couldn't care less about what level you think that Generals have in EM. I'd much rather know for sure. Although it's quite besides the problem of actually getting Astrid to cap strength anyway. Good luck trying to get her to gain 11 strength in 19 levels. Or getting her to gain 19 levels with Blossom equipped.

6 move 6 move 6 move 6 move 6 move.

do I need to say it more times for you to get the problem with leveling Soren? RF is saying that the vast majority of his exp is coming from bexp in the base. At most, you are getting one level per map on Soren and that's assuming you take him to 99 exp each base. He can probably get at least one combat in before the move differences screw him over.

1-2 range. That's still a big deal.

Nailah > tibarn. I mentioned this before but don't think I got a response. An availability lead does matter when you're both killing everything forever anyway.

She only gets 2 extra chapters. But that's probably enough.

Muarim is way too high. >Ranulf?, a tier better than Mordy? Remember we can now speedwing Mordy to have a ORKO'ing unit with 32 def and 50+HP? Easily uppermid. Heck, what puts Sigrun there and Mordy not?

Yeah, Ranulf > Muarim. Even the cat gauge problem is not worse than the availability issue. And if the db guys are doing just as well as Muarim in part 1 (they probably are due to em) then to get more exp you should use them. If the use of the two units is virtually equal, but one gets more xp...

In fact, much as i love the guy, Shinon needs to drop to below Mordy (where he is now), as one battle a turn is just unacceptable, and crossbows are still fairly weak even in NM (although he now 2RKO's instead of 3RKO's, everyone else ORKO's on the EP).

Actually, if you are desperate then crossbow + adept givves him a half-decent chance of killing stuff with crossbows. I think 28 atk will 3HKO a fair amount of stuff on EM. Also he can get 29 then 30 with the right supports.