ITT I Neo-Play FE6

Smiley Jim

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do chapter 19xx in your HHM playthrough. Eets phun.

I'm planning on doing that anyway. I still have my LHM file from my HNM run, so I still have my LV7 Nils and everything. Yeah, I'm going.

P.S: I'll start on HHM as soon as I get out of C10 LHM(and beat C22 in this game).

Edited by James

Given that you deigned to not affirm that SOH was sense of humor, I feel inclined to ask:

Have you been very pointedly ignoring me for about three pages, DA? Just curious.

Most likely.

When somebody like smash, or DA125 face constant criticism, they eventually respond to everything said by various posters by burying their heads in the sand, like an ostrich.

Of course I wish I didn't use that analogy. Ostriches are one of my favorite animals, so that was insulting to ostriches.

Chapter 22: The Neverending Story... In Canada!

Starting Units:

Roy, Lilina, Alan, Lance, Bors, Ellen, Dieck, Rutgar, Fir, Shin, Clarine, Ray, Miredy, Percival, Chad, Astol

Sorry for the title joke. It's Canada Day and I had to make a 'In America!'-type joke somewhere.

OK. For those who either did not access a gaiden map, or used up one of your Divine relics(in other words, it breaks), this is the end of the road for you. In order to get past this chapter, you need to have all the Divine relics(Durandal, Armads, Forblaze, Aureola, Muirgre, Malte, and Apocalypse)as well as the Sealed Sword in your possession at the chapter's end. Anyway, most of the things I said about Chapter 21 apply here: The enemies here are extremely dangerous, especially the heroes and the druids. And I also forgot to mention: The throne room can't be breached until you hit the two switches in the NW and NE corners of the map(they are guarded by heroes wielding brave weapons.)

Again, your army is split into two groups.

West division: Bors, Dieck, Rutgar, Clarine, Ray, and Astol.

East division: Roy, Lily, Alan, Lance, Miredy, Ellen, Fir, Shin, Percival, and Chad.

East Group: I sent my units north, using Ellen to silence the Berserk druid so that he couldn't pull any shenanigans. On turn 2, I had Roy take out the sniper while Lilina and Fir dealt with the mercenaries. Millie took out the first knight blocking my way into the chest room, though she gets blasted by the Fenrir druid. I kill the druid and Berserker next turn, while Roy and the others move forward and Ellen heals Millie. On the EP, some funny shit happens(like Roy eating a 20% crit hit at 10 displayed). I take out both druids as well as the 'Zerker, and chip at the general, which I kill the next turn. I then take on the hero in that room, which I kill on turn 6. Meanwhile, the main group made it to the throne room, at which point the berserk druid started acting again, and proceeded to berserk Percy three times. On turn 11, I finally open the door.

West Group: Again, I sent my units north, using the boots on Rutgar. On turn 2, I had Clarine warp Dieck(carrying Astol) into the western treasure room, while Rutgar, Ray, and Bors moved forward. Of course, Rutgar gets critted by the KE hero but still survives, and he and Bors were able to kill the heroes on the PP. Meanwhile, Dieck kills the general, and prepares for an attack on the hero. On turn 4, Rutgar and Bors take out the southernmost berserker and bishop, respectively, while Dieck attacks the hero head-on. I took out the hero on turn 6. I then move Astol on the switch, then send Dieck back while the others were making their way towards the main group. I then use a rescue charge on Dieck on turn 11.

After I opened the door, I had Rutgar, Bors, and Percy block the heroes from the rest of my group, which they did rather well. Roy and Fir took out the Manaketes, Bors and Dieck ripped the two fools in the back a new one with their brave weapons, and Rutgar and Clarine killed the heroes. As for the druids, I had Alan and Lance kill those. On turn 13, it was time for Roy to face Zephiel(well, right after my units take care of the reinforcements). I actually got lucky here, as Roy double critted Zephiel for a ORKO(I actually didn't rig this; it... just happened.). I seized on turn 14.

Turns Taken: 14

NAME   		TIR LVL MHP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES CON SUPPORT
Roy      	02  03  40  20  18  24  20  17  12  08  A Lilina
Lilina    	02  15  43  30  15  24  18  08  20  05  A Roy/C Bors
Alan 		02  07  45  25  13  20  09  17  08  11  A Lance
Lance   	02  07  40  19  19  24  09  13  05  11  A Alan
Bors      	02  14  54  24  19  19  21  30  09  16  C Lilina
Dieck    	02  13  55  25  21  21  10  20  08  14
Clarine 	02  05  31  13  14  21  18  06  13  06  A Rutgar
Rutgar   	02  14  54  23  28  30  11  18  04  08  A Clarine
Ellen      	02  17  37  23  24  18  30  07  30  05
Fir      	02  09  49  22  29  30  12  12  07  06  A Shin
Shin      	02  12  52  24  23  29  11  11  09  07  A Fir
Ray      	02  10  42  27  20  21  06  14  18  07
Miredy 		02  14  58  25  26  21  13  24  09  09
Percival   	02  08  54  20  16  23  16  17  13  12

Well, my team is looking up to scratch. Basically everybody except Ray, Lance, Percival, and Roy have capped at least one stat, and in the case of Fir, has capped three(Rutgar will eventually cap the same stats, he's only hit his speed cap right now.)

I'll get a video of Roy's 'battle' against Zephiel soon enough.

And before I leave... Happy Canada Day to anybody on this forum who's from Canada!

Swag: White gem, Dracoshield, Wyrmslayer, Nosferatu, Sleep, Swordreaver

Edited by James

Chapter 22: The Neverending Story... In Canada!

Sorry for the title joke. It's Canada Day and I had to make a 'In America!'-type joke somewhere.

No you really didn't and I'm sure that all Canadians who are reading this are weeping in shame.

No you really didn't and I'm sure that all Canadians who are reading this are weeping in shame.

I'm weeping in shame and I'm just an American who sympathizes.

Also, why the balls did Roy attack Zephiel? Was there *truly* no one better?

Chapter 23: The Ghost of Bern

Starting Units:

Roy, Lilina, Alan, Lance, Bors, Ellen, Dieck, Clarine, Rutgar, Shin, Fir, Ray, Miredy, Percival, Fa

New Units:

Karel

This chapter is fairly easy. There are a lot of enemies(mostly wyverns, druids, and Manaketes), but luckily, no reinforcements, so that should give you some breathing room. There are three ballistae on the center island, so fliers shouldn't tread there unless they are wearing a Delphi shield(of course, putting a non-shielded flier in the range of three ballistae is like throwing kittens into a wood chipper.) You will get your final recruitable character on this map; however, you need to visit his village with either Fir or Bartre. If you have a trained Fir, good for you. If not, then I hope that you have somebody durable that can rescue her, since a 1/0 unit in this map is a bigger liability than Gordin in FEDS H5. Thankfully, my Fir is level 17/9, so I don't have to worry about that part.

Note: THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO BUY SHIT AT THE SHOP! I highly recommend you bring the silver card.

Anyway, I used my first turn warping Ray onto the mountains, then sent the rest of the group north. After Ray took out most of the wyverns in his area, I tackled the Manakete near where I planted Bors and sent Fir into the village to recruit Karel. I also formed a wall consisting of my most durable units. After I took out the wyverns in my general area as well as a little shopping, I moved my units up further, as well as rescuing Ray on turn 4. On turn 5, I take out another WL and prepare an attack on the ballistae, while the rest of the group keeps on moving. Anyway, while Millie dealt with the ballistae, the rest of the group had to deal with status staves. Thankfully, I brought Restore staves to cure that shit, as well as using Fa as a 'staff tank'. On turn 8, I decided to openly attack Brenya's troops, using Bors to lure in the dragon as well as baiting Brenya into using Bolting. After I killed the dragon, I took out all of Brenya's troops before killing her on turn 10. Bors got the boss kill using the brave lance.

Turns Taken: 10

NAME   		TIR LVL MHP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES CON SUPPORT
Roy      	02  04  41  20  18  25  21  18  12  08  A Lilina
Lilina    	02  16  43  30  15  25  18  10  21  05  A Roy/C Bors
Alan 		02  07  45  25  13  20  09  17  08  11  A Lance
Lance   	02  08  41  20  20  25  09  13  05  11  A Alan
Bors      	02  15  55  24  20  19  22  30  09  16  C Lilina
Dieck    	02  13  55  25  21  21  10  20  08  14
Clarine 	02  05  31  13  14  21  18  06  13  06  A Rutgar
Rutgar   	02  15  55  24  28  30  11  18  05  08  A Clarine
Ellen      	02  18  37  24  24  19  30  07  30  05
Fir      	02  10  50  22  29  30  13  12  07  06  A Shin
Shin      	02  13  53  24  23  30  11  11  09  07  A Fir
Ray      	02  12  43  29  21  21  07  14  18  07
Miredy 		02  15  59  25  26  22  14  24  09  09
Percival   	02  09  55  21  17  24  16  18  14  12
Karel    	02  19  44  20  28  23  18  15  13  09
Fazilla   	01  05  21  06  05  04  12  04  08  01

Putting in Fa's stats because she's forced in C24.

Just be thankful this shit's almost done. The sooner I get this playthrough done, the sooner I can play HHM. But at least there's a light at the end of this tunnel, unlike my last FE6 playthrough.

Swag: Wo Dao

ITP: Decisions, Decisions...

Now that I'm up to Chapter 24, this is what I believe to be the time to plan out who should be deployed in Chapter 24. Obviously, Roy and Fa are automatically included as they are forced. As for the following units, this was what I had in mind:

WEAPON  	USER
Durandal  	Rutger, Fir, or Percival
Malte 		Miledy
Armads    	Bors or Dieck
Miurgre  	Shin
Forblaze   	Lilina
Aureola      	Ellen
Apocalypse  	Ray
Filler      	Whoever

Obviously, I'm torn on who should wield Durandal and Armads, as I have three possible users for Durandal and two users for Armads. Ah well, I think I'll come up with a consensus while I'm playing through HHM.

Fir and Dieck.

Boom, problem solved.

inb4 this completely honest solution is filed away as "another troll post by integrity"

Edited by Integrity

• 1 month later...

Chapter 24+Final: The Truth of the Legend and Beyond the Darkness

Starting Units:

Roy, Fa, Lilina, Ray, Ellen, Miredy, Fir, Shin, Rutgar, Bors

Final map. This map is full of very dangerous Mamkutes, which can 2HKO most of your units. If you've been stashing away your Divine weapons, now is the time to use them, though don't go overboard. Also, you will need to cap seven thrones before getting to Idoun. Speaking of Idoun, she's a joke.

Note that due to the size of this place, and how long it can take, I'm going to separate each throne into 7 parts in this post.

Act 1: I moved my units up the corridor, then engaged two Mamkutes on turn 2. Rutgar kills the guy on the throne with a Durandal crit, and Roy seizes after. After Millie draws in a Mamkute, Lilina kills it. I also have Roy ferried over to where Bors is, and Millie draws in two dragons. After Roy and Lily do away with them, Ray OHKO's the throne guy with Apocalypse, after which Roy seizes. Roy kills a Mamkute on the EP. Turn 7 was used to kill the three guys inside the throne room wherein Roy capped on turn 8. I lure in more enemies, killing one on the EP. I also kill two dragons on turn 9 and seized on turn 10 after Fa killed it. Same old shit. Go through the narrow corridor(could it have killed them to make the bridges even 1 tile wider?). Kill the dragons, seize on turn 14. Bors killed two Mamkutes, then the rest of my squad went all out on the throne room. I took out the remaining dragons, then had Roy kill Jahn(with his Lilina support, he does 40x2, for a clean 2HKO and subsequent ORKO)

Turns Taken: 20

Act 2: Simply had Ellen warp Roy over to where Idoun is, then let him rip.

Turns Taken: 1

Unit stats to come in the final reckoning. Because I said so. That and I didn't break my hiatus for nothing.

And no one gives a shit about the credits.

Swag: Nothing.

Edited by James

• 3 weeks later...

My Unit's Stats: The Final Reckoning

Blue denotes the unit has a capped stat.

This after game credits will offer my impression of each unit in an efficient setting. Granted, it IS casual efficiency, but I don't play for LTP like dondon, CM, and Anouleth.

Roy Lv20/7

44HP/22Str/20Skl/25Spd/22Lck/18Def/12Res Sword S

Supports: Lilina A

Roy kind of blows, but I guess anyone would figure out as such. At least the part that matters anyway. The issue isn't his stats or his growths(his stats themselves aren't that bad), but the fact that I have to wait until Chapter 21x before he finally promotes. Still, he was helpful in those last chapters with all that dragon slaying. He was the MVP for like Chapters 22, 24 and F and that's about it.

Lilina Lv16/17

43HP/30Mag/17Skl/25Spd/19Lck/11Def/21Res Anima S/Staff D

Supports: Roy A

In the context of a normal playthrough, Lilina is pretty bad. However, she left a very good impression for me this playthrough, and after promotion, became a rather potent healer(well, she could use Mend by game's end, but you get the point.) I also like how she capped speed without any stat boosters.

Alan Lv17/7

45HP/25Str/13Skl/20Spd/9Lck/17Def/8Res Sword A/Lance B/Axe E

Supports: Lance A

Alan is one of those characters than just about anybody can pick up and more often than not, will turn up good. In this case, Alan was able to 2HKO consistently and is more durable than Lance, at the cost of doubling most of the enemies on any given map midgame.

Lance Lv17/8

41HP/20Str/20Skl/25Spd/9Lck/13Def/5Res Sword B/Lance A/Axe E

Supports: Alan A

Lance is the same story as Alan: He can be picked up right away and used without much thought unless RNG screwage happens. In his case, Lance doubled more enemies than Alan did, but his atk was a major issue midgame.

Bors Lv18/16

56HP/25Str/21Skl/19Spd/23Lck/30Def/9Res Lance S/Axe S

Supports: Lilina C

I'm going to put this bluntly: Bors sucks. Sure, he can tank all day if he's trained(and that's a stretch given that he gets doubled for 7 damage a shot by axers in his first few maps), but by the time he promotes, you've got people with comparable durability to him who have better offense and movement. Still, Bors was a major baller in the Isles simply because he was basically invincible. The lesson here is that nigh invincibility does not a good unit make.

Dick Lv18/13

55HP/25Str/21Skl/21Spd/10Lck/20Def/8Res Sword S/Axe S

Supports:

Dieck Cheney was pretty awesome in the beginning as he was the only guy besides Bors and Marcus that could swallow more than 1 hit from the average enemy. And he never really slowed down, but having as much speed, if not less, as Bors during the midgame was a painful moment for Dieck. Still, he hits hard and never dies, like a true hero.

Rutgar Lv16/15

55HP/24Str/28Skl/30Spd/11Lck/18Def/5Res Sword S

Supports: Clarine A

Take Dieck, take away his axes and give him a 30 spd cap(and having him CAP his spd)and +30 critlove and you've got this beast. Let's face it, without him, half the bosses in this game would've been impossible(Gel, I'm talking to you.) Also, he could double basically anything he wanted.

Clarine Lv12/5

31HP/13Str/14Skl/21Spd/18Lck/6Def/13Res E Anima/Staff S

Supports: Rutgar A

She's basically a staffbot on a horse. Her combat will never be good, so I didn't bother to give her any weapons.

Miredy Lv14/16

60HP/25Str/26Skl/22Spd/14Lck/24Def/9Res Sword E/Lance S

Supports:

Broken. Just broken. She's Bors if he had flight and better offense(because his offense sucks). Also, she's way better(and hotter)than the pegasus knights, I shit you not. And it's not because I have a dislike of pegasus knights not named Caeda, Tana, or Marcia.

Ray Lv 19/12

43HP/29Mag/21Skl/21Spd/7Lck/14Def/18Res Dark S/Staff E

Supports:

Ray didn't impress me that much this playthrough. In Sacae, he was getting doubled left and right, and I didn't have enough Nosferatu tomes. As a result, he died multiple times even if I was careful to not overexpose him, as he was also facing crit chances. He only showed his worth once I got to Bern, where he could sit on a mountain and tank all day. He also had above average durability for a alcumus even without Nosferatu.

Fir Lv17/10

50HP/22Str/29Skl/30Spd/13Lck/12Def/7Res Sword S

Supports: Shin A

Despite her 'bad' start, she's very useful as a second crit machine in case Rutgar is busy doing something else. I am also amused(and not so upset)by the fact that my Fir is badly luck screwed. Her strength blessage made up for it, though. Still playing second fiddle to Rutgar because he had a ~11 level lead on her when I first got her.

Shin Lv13/13

53HP/24Str/23Skl/30Spd/11Lck/11Def/9Res Sword D/Bow S

Supports: Fir A

Shin was also very good despite being a bow user. This is because wyverns are fucking everywhere, and bows=dead wyverns. Especially if they are silvery. He's definitely recommended over other bow users because archers suck and Sue's stats are a joke compared to his.

Ellen Lv15/20

39HP/26Str/25Skl/20Spd/30Lck/7Def/30Res Light S/Staff A

Supports:

Ellen is the standard staffbot. That's a good way to sum her up. Also, as a side note, getting her light rank from D to S was a royal pain in the ass. Even with the speedwing I gave her, she wasn't doubling reliably, but she wasn't getting doubled either.

Percival Lv--/9

55HP/21Str/17Skl/24Spd/16Lck/18Def/14Res Sword S/Lance A/Axe C

Supports:

People say he's amazing, and while he is, I felt that he was rather vanilla compared to the rest of my posse. Still, another mounted unit to fill any gaps was pretty nice.

This is as close to your credits as you are going to get for now. I'll add more in later.