ITT I Neo-Play FE6

Smiley Jim

Chapter 12: The Axe of Lightning

Starting Units:

Roy, Lilina, Shin, Fir, Ellen, Chad, Astol, Ray

There are poison vents strewn all over the map. Get hit by one, and you will end up getting poisoned. Also, there are a lot of chests here, though most of the chests contain crap, so check FEWOD for the chests that actually contain items. So, bring thieves to get the chests with actual items, not garbage like antitoxins.

Ray kills the first brigand in the general area, then the rest of my army moves east(mostly because the western chests are only there to waste turns.). On the EP, Ray kills an archer(well, after Chad rearranged his items.), while Astol dodges two enemies. Next turn, I take out the shaman with Roy, and the brigand with Ray. Lilina kills the thief. On turn 3, after more swag is lost, I send Lilina up to chase the thief, with Roy in tow, while the rest of my forces clean up the myrmidon and fighter to the east of our group. On turn 4, nothing really happens save for Roy killing things and Ray dodging 2 hand axes on the EP, but on T5, I was finally able to remove the second thief. I also took out the fighters with Ray and Fir, just so that they couldn't threaten my healer/thieves.

On turn 6, Lily kills the Eclipse druid, and the thieves keep moving forward. I decide to send Astol to get the white gem and Chad to get the red gem, while Roy and Lilina just bumrush towards the boss. On turn 9, I kill the boss, grab the gems, then leave.

Turns Taken: 9

NAME   		TIR LVL MHP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES CON SUPPORT
Roy      	01  13  29  11  11  15  16  12  04  06  A Lilina
Lilina    	02  03  35  25  14  17  13  04  16  05  A Roy  
Ellen      	01  12  19  08  13  10  16  02  14  04
Shin      	01  12  35  15  15  19  08  08  05  07  C Fir
Fir      	01  10  33  13  19  20  09  05  04  05  C Shin
Ray      	01  14  24  14  09  11  06  05  11  04

Eh... Fir and Shin got a C support, and that's about it. BTW, nice speed, Lily.

Swag: Red gem, White gem, Elixir, Armads

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 13: Rescue Mission

Starting Units:

Roy, Lilina, Alan, Lance, Bors, Dieck, Rutgar, Clarine, Shin, Fir, Ellen, Ray, Lalum, Astol

New Units:

Miredy

Not Joining:

Percival

This chapter isn't overly difficult unless you try to rush the southern path. Doing so invites massive damage, especially towards your fliers(they have ballistae.) Speaking of fliers, your first dragon knight boss. Big whoop; pelt him with arrows or Aircalibur magic(watch it, he has a spear.) Axes and wyrmslayers will also work.

Also, don't bother trying to recruit Percival this chapter(trust me, I've tried in a previous HM playthrough.). You can get him three maps later with better bases anyway.

I started by having Ellen cast MUp on Bors, then sent him up the southern path after Lalum vigor'd him. I sent Rutgar, Clarine, Fir, and Shin to go with him, while Roy and the others took the high road. On the EP, Zephiel inflicted massive damage on Cecilia, while Bors and Rutgar swallowed ballista hits. Next turn, Bors and Rutgar kill the archers, while Dieck fails to kill the paladin next to our group because he can't double and A+L fail to kill a cavalier after ganging up on it with javelins(Alan can't double). Thankfully, the paladin dies on the enemy's turn, as well as some other enemies. On turn 3, I take out the sniper and paladin on the southern route, then use my Orion Bolt on Shin. I then kill the rest of the cavalry squad and grab the body ring. On turn 4, my mounted and flying units pick up my ground units(except Dieck), while I kill the last of the enemies on the southern road(except the wyverns). I kill the wyverns and cavaliers on the southern bridge, then start to draw in the second cavalry squad on the northern bridge. I rip through the cav squad on turn 6 EP, while Clarine barely dodges a wyvern hit again. I take out what's left of the paladin and cavaliers on turn 7, as well as disposing of the wvyerns. Bors draws in a mercenary on turn 8, followed by a hero and another merc, the former of which Rutgar kills. I grabbed the Al sword, then had the group make a rush for the boss. I dance Shin, who then ORKO's the boss with a steel bow. I send Miredy for one round in the arena, then seize on turn 12 after buying killers and some tomes.

Turns taken: 12

Roy      	01  14  30  12  11  15  17  12  05  06  A Lilina
Lilina    	02  03  35  25  14  17  13  04  16  05  A Roy 
Alan 		01  14  34  16  09  12  07  11  01  09  A Lance
Lance   	01  15  32  12  14  17  06  09  02  09  A Alan
Bors      	02  05  45  21  16  16  15  27  07  16   
Dieck    	02  04  46  24  17  16  07  17  07  14
Clarine 	01  08  18  06  08  14  12  03  09  05  A Rutgar
Rutgar   	02  02  43  20  23  22  08  15  04  08  A Clarine
Ellen      	01  13  21  09  13  11  17  02  14  04
Shin      	02  02  42  18  18  22  09  10  08  07  C Fir
Fir      	01  12  35  14  19  20  10  06  04  05  C Shin
Ray      	01  15  24  15  10  11  06  06  12  06
Miredy 		01  11  40  18  16  13  08  16  04  09

Not putting in Lalum's stats, because no one gives a shit about dancer stats.

Shin promoted because he capped his speed at Lv13. And there is no sense keeping him unpromoted after that. Same reason I promoted Rutgar(skl/spd)and Lilina(mag) when I did.

3 levels in, and Dieck still hasn't procced spd. He may need a speedwing.

I wouldn't mind a few comments either, it does get a bit lonely in here.

Swag: Al Sword, Body Ring

Edited by darkandroid125

Right. While I'm working up a strategy for completing Chapter 14 in as few turns as I can manage while getting all the important swag, I'd like to announce that my FE6 playthrough is on GameFAQs. Right now, I have up to chapter 6 uploaded, but there is still more to come.

See my playthrough here:

What the hell is wrong with you people? Also:

I'm not going to pull a CM and never finish what I started.

Aside from not knowing why I quit FE6 (I think the reason was Shining Force II got my eye more):

- FE7 and 8 are boring as hell.

- FE10 I have a lot of problems with my disc. That and my Wii hasn't been set up for a while.

- FE11 the file crashed.

- FE12 is actually "done". All that's left is commentary in two chapters and uploading three of them.

Chapter 14: Arcadia

Starting Units:

Roy, Lilina, Rutgar, Dieck, Fir, Miredy, Tate, Ray, Ellen, Chad, Astol

New Units:

Cecilia, Sophia

Desert map. Don't bring mounted units here. Bring as many fliers and NON-MOUNTED magic dudes as you can. Also, bring thieves, as there is some pretty good swag here. And to any Sophia fanbois, she is not the kind of unit that is worth raising(use Ray instead.) See Wendy, except worse(well, ok, Wendy is far worse. At least Sophia can help someone better than her reach a higher plane. Wendy doesn't do shit, except tell Johan and Mike stories about Peter Pan.)

Oh, and what kind of sick masochist doesn't allow me to sell my shit at base? Are you telling me I have to load my units with shit to sell?! Even in HHM, I'm allowed to sell items in the base. Another reason I hate this game. And my VBA lagging doesn't make me any happier. Remind me to never play this game ever again.

P.S: Integ, dondon151. Please don't go off topic in my threads again. I don't go off-topic in your threads, now do I? So don't fucking do it here!

I send everyone except the swordsmen and Chad/Tate/Sophia northeast, using a torch use to get a better grip on where the hell I am. Chad grabs a talisman, while on the EP, Lilina draws in a mage. On turn 2, Tate dropped Chad down, while Lilina took out another mage and Astol grabbed the boots. After Lilina drawed in two wyverns, killing both, I had Chad grab the speedwing, had Tate pick him up, then sent Dieck and Rutgar further east to draw in the wyvern squad after downing a mage(Sophia grabbed the silence staff). Ray then kills a healer with Lilina's help, and actually ends up drawing in two more wyverns. I then drop Astol on the silver card space, which I get next turn after Rutgar downs some wyverns. On turn 6, I then start chipping at the mercs, and end up killing one, as well as drawing in the hero on turn 6 EP(Miredy killed it on turn 7, as well as Astol killing the bishop for cheap EXP). Dieck then killed another mage and drew in a Mamkute just after the two fags showed up from the southwest. After killing the Mamkute, I grab the warp, and sent Rutgar and Dieck north, just to deal with the Mamkute on turn 10, the same turn I took out the second merc squad. I kill the last Mamkute, as Fir heads southwest to take on M+R. I then sell and buy shit and kill the boss in turn 13.

Turns taken: 13

Roy      	01  14  30  12  11  15  17  12  05  06  A Lilina
Lilina    	02  06  37  27  14  19  15  04  18  05  A Roy 
Dieck    	02  05  47  25  18  16  08  17  07  14
Rutgar   	02  04  44  20  23  23  08  15  04  08  A Clarine
Ellen      	02  01  24  12  17  13  18  04  18  05
Fir      	01  14  37  15  20  20  11  07  04  05  C Shin
Ray      	01  15  24  15  10  11  06  06  12  06
Miredy 		01  13  41  19  16  14  08  18  04  09

Not putting anyone else's stats because IDGAS anymore. That and Cecilia/Sophia sucks.

I also promoted Ellen because I am not dealing with her helplessness anymore. That and her stats look similar to her 20/0 stats.

Here's to not having to go through the desert again. Well, there's still Chapters 16 and 21 that are going to need some work to get past in an efficient manner(I hate those two chapters in particular because there's so much shit in my way.)

Swag: Silver card, Boots, Talisman, Speedwing, Warp, Silence, Silver blade

Edited by darkandroid125

P.S: Integ, dondon151. Please don't go off topic in my threads again. I don't go off-topic in your threads, now do I? So don't fucking do it here!

Hey, now. I want it out there that I opened that train with a perfectly on-topic post. My later one, simply responding to Chocobro, was off-topic but if he wasn't warned I sure as hell shouldn't be.

EDIT: And since you'll probably bitch at me for "going off topic" again for this post, let's be constructive!

Why do you take tangents out to insult the players backing characters? I'm referring to your "to Sophia fanbois" comment. Seriously, dude. It's just uncalled for.

EDIT2: And because I just noticed it:

That and Cecilia/Sophia sucks.

Fuck you.

Edited by Integrity

Cecilia is a lot better than people credit her for. She's not amazing, but she still has a horse, auto-Aircalibur, decent staff rank (not awesome, but workable), and her only real cost is a deployment slot. Considering maps are huge and she at least offers something more than minor combat at the table, she's worth using.

Cecilia is a lot better than people credit her for. She's not amazing, but she still has a horse, auto-Aircalibur, decent staff rank (not awesome, but workable), and her only real cost is a deployment slot. Considering maps are huge and she at least offers something more than minor combat at the table, she's worth using.

When you consider that a lot of characters in this game don't even have decent combat going for them, Cecilia's mount and staff rank is pretty cool. For many players who only use one unpromoted staff user, she's almost essential in maps such as 16 where you need to split up, or 16x where you need to deal with powerful magic and status staves. I'd certainly pick her over even a promoted Ellen/Saul, who needs to be a whopping 20/3 just to match Cecilia's base chip damage with Aircalibur (although Saul can double, so there's that).

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something. You know who Celicia is better than? Hint: every mage barring Yodel and Niime, who are contestable, and Clarine for healbotting.

EDIT: I am digging this Roro emblem. Just brings out the tyranny in me.

Oh yeah and about those Boots... Miledy loves them more. Just saying.

Edited by _M_

Well, I lied about Cecilia sucking. The fact was that I wasn't planning on using her anyway(IIRC, my Lilina trumped her base stats starting at Lv15/0). But she DOES have some decent growths(not as good as, say, Lugh or Clarine's, but still workable.), and her staff rank is more usable than anything Lilina/Lugh will ever get.

Anyway, Chapter 14x. Oh god... There's two assholes with Bolting super-imposed on one another in the center, and unfortunately, I don't have a quick answer to Bolting, except Barrier/Pure Water my units and hope for the best. And just to clarify, the 31 atk generic sage alone can 2-shot all my units except Lilina, and without the use of Pure Water, can OHKO Clarine. Oats is basically the same boat(34 atk), except that he can also OHKO unsupported Lance, and brings Roy and Alan to 1HP if they aren't supported(and he OHKO's Clarine WITH full barrier unless Rutgar is in range.)

In other words, Bolting is dangerous and should NEVER be underestimated.

[spoiler=Resource Management]

As for the boots. Now I know Miredy is a good enough candidate, but I'm heavily considering giving it to my gen so he can, you know, KEEP UP. 5 move is just awful considering my cavs, Shin, and Miredy all have 8 move promoted, as does this awesome prepromote that I get next chapter(and Bors is the Ardan of the group as it is.). And besides, no promoted mounted unit can lift promoted Bors except Shin and Dayan(the latter of which I don't get until Ch20). If I want to boost Miredy's move, I can wait until Ch21, I guess. Even dondon used his Ch14 boots on Douglas and not Miredy/Percival in his 0% growths run(he later bought 4 boots in the secret shoppe, 2 for each of his power units.)

Even dondon used his Ch14 boots on Douglas and not Miredy/Percival in his 0% growths run(he later bought 4 boots in the secret shoppe, 2 for each of his power units.)

Just going to point out that that was probably one of the worst decisions I made in the run.

Hey hey, you know who can survive a Bolting with Pure Water? Hint: she's on a horse.

I already mentioned that my Clarine can survive a Bolting after I Barrier'd her. She needs her Rutgar support plus full MUp to live Oats, though.

Also, Bors and Dieck can eat 2 Boltings after I cast Barrier on them.

Edited by darkandroid125

I already mentioned that my Clarine can survive a Bolting after I Barrier'd her. She needs her Rutgar support plus full MUp to live Oats, though.

:lol:

That was the most incredible point-missing I've seen in a long, long while.

Cecilia is so cool she can take two Boltings at full health with Barrier.

secilia.png

What a hottie. What an hero.

Oh yeah and she has 8 Mov. And a horse. h4x.

Edited by _M_

I honestly think Cecilia's portrait is much more indicative of her hotness, M.

Cecilia.png

EDIT: lol picture in media tags

Edited by Integrity