FE: Radiant Dawn Texture-Hacking now possible!

Sephie-chan

Yes, everyone it's true.

I've worked a long time on it and the work ins't complete yet. But at least I can say, that editing the inbattle texture is now possible. At least for the PAL Version.

Since I don't own a NTSC-Version it's hard for me without any testers, but I'll work on an NTSC-Script, I promise^^

I didn't test any Sound Replacement, but ist should be possible, if the .bsrar is named like the to replace with. I'm also unsure with the placement of the files, but

put them in the new RFEP Folder on the SD-Card works just fine. More Infos when have the ISO.

Need a prove?

HNI_0040.jpg

HNI_0042.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality, it was taken with my DSi.

Want another Prove?

HNI_0041.jpg

<look, his Cape is blue>

All you need is a hacked Wii with Riivolution and a SD-Card.

Also for the you need tplcnv and tplcon_v0.4_eng for unpack und pack the TPL-Files which are the textures.

Programs for editing:

http://www.mediafire.com/?rm849n74icpfp2k

The Script:

http://www.mediafire.com/?pawvly2dnncg17y

For Riivolution use google.

1. Rip the file you want to edit from the ISO *google is you friend*

Most texture files are .tpl files.

2. Drag the .tpl file in tplcnv.

You will get 2 or more .DDS Files, which can edited with Gimp or Photoshop.

3. After editing save the .DDS as .BMP Files and start tplcon_v0.4_eng

The program is easy to use, just klick at the number and click "Read Image".

Choose your edited tpl-set and load every file. Than Click Save "TPL"

and name the Files like the File you ripped from the ISO and hit save.

4. Drag the Folge "riivolution" into the mainroot of your SD-Card and

create the following path by creating folders:

->private/wii/app/RFEP

and put the new .tpl in the new RFEP Folder.

Now start your Wii und put the SD-Card in the SD-Slot and open Riivolution.

Click at page 2 "File Code Replacements" and make it "Enabled. Now click start

and enjoy your nen Texture.

Edited by Sephie-chan

Naturally, you can also just reinsert the files into the disk image and play it from the game. The method you mention is streamlining it "into" the disk (or in otherwords, just read separately).

You can do this with many, many, many other games. Especially more recent ones. Texture modification isn't too hard lately. For the most part, games haven't been needing to deal with size limitation, and so the necessity to compress texture is less.

*Prays for FilePatchCodes*

Now start your Wii und put the SD-Card in the SD-Slot and open Riivolution.

Click at page 2 "File Code Replacements" and make it "Enabled. Now click start

and enjoy your nen Texture.

You don't need them ._.

All you need is Riivolution and an SD card ._.

But anyways, the .brstm files work just the same as in Brawl, Pokemon Battle Revolution, etc.

I was able to change the map music back then using the BRSTM converter by Dantarion for Brawl.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yup it's the german version, because I'm german too^^

I tested a bit around and it looks like sound replacement is also possible. I've looked around in my ISO via Wii Scrubber

And found this:

Audio:

->Sound

-->strm

*I think that's what most people want. For a proper loop use Brawlbox to create the .brstm. Tested with a random file from my Brawl Hack

and it works fine and at least the map music looped correctly. (Havn't tested battle music yet)*

Inbattle Texture & Models:

->zu

*Textures are in .tpl (See above), Models in .cnp and the Animations are in .pak. (I don't know hoe to open the last two)*

Map Textures & Models:

->ymu

*Same as the Inbattle. Animations are packed in .ga, I guess...*

Artworks:

->illust

-->akatuki

*Pretty simple ins't it? The Artworks are in .cms*

Movie & Opening:

->Movie

*The Movies are saved in .thp format, which can be played wich THPplay and converted using WiiVideo.

It's untested if replacement works and if there are limits. (In Brawl the game will freeze, if the replaced Opening is longer than the original)*

Talking BG:

->zbg

*The Files are packed in .cmp and contain the BGs in talking scenes.*

Cursor, Unitcircle, Icon:

-> etc

*Most of them is packed in .tpl, but there also some .cms, .g and .gs files.*

Faces:

-> Face

*The Faces used in Scenes and Status screens. They are packed in .cms so I didn't test replacement*

Tutorial Data

-> Tutorial

*The Tutorial Data. The Files are packed in .bin (Try Hexeditor?)*

Achieve Data & Base

-> window

*There are .tpl & .cms. Untested.*

Weapons:

-> xwp

*In .cmp. Also untested*

Effects:

-> yme

*Again in .cmp and also untested*

And also I worked at a NTSC Script:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ux47zb4e0xa2sd8

It have to be tested, since I don't have NTSC Radiant Dawn. Just follow the instructions in the first post.

It would be great if someone can test it. I think if it works a write a guide for it.

Edited by Sephie-chan

While this is really cool, this just seems like editing textures. How would you go about creating an entirely new one if I wanted to change someone's class or something like that.

Thanks for the info, I've been waiting for news of a TPL reconvertor.

I can't really think of much I'd like to do right now, but presumably I'll have some ideas when I get my hands dirty. I do want to try stuff like adding Gurgurant into this game and maybe swapping Mist's Cleric costume with her FE9 one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That would be quite difficult. Right now I'm trying to creat custom mugshots, but I guess I have to wait until there is a .tpl packer who pack 14 or more .tga files at once to one .tpl file.

Hi. I recently got into texture hacking for Tales of Symphonia on the Wii. I needed a TPL converter that handled CI4 and CI8 correctly. While looking for one, I found this forum.

However, I decided that the existing TPL conversion utilities weren't up to snuff, so I downloaded LibWiiSharp and modified the TPL Converter Example to do the things I wanted it to do.

I figured I would share the creation with you, seeing as how you appear to want a TPL packer that can handle many images. I don't think the modified TPL converter can take tga as an input, but you should be able to save the tga as tif and use that instead. I recommend against lossy formats like jpeg because CI4 and CI8 have a restricted color palette, and the lossy compression destroys the palette.

To add multiple images to a TPL, on the Image to TPL tab, for the Input Image, you can select multiple files. Make sure you select the LAST file first, and then shift-click to select the FIRST file. Otherwise, they will be in the wrong order.

I can add additional features to the converter if you tell me what you want. However, since I don't regularly check this forum, your best bet to get a hold of me is to go to the wiird forums, where I spend most of my time.

Here's the link to my modified TPL converter. Included is the source (because LibWiiSharp was licensed under the GPL, I must distribute the source with any binary).

http://www.mediafire...5ukv25ebkdamr0m