Dub voice actors

Galenforcer

36 members have voted

1. 1. How well do you think they do?

• Great. I wouldn't imagine any better.
    • Near perfection. Can't find too much flaws.
    • There are some good ones.
    • I prefer original japanese VAs.

i do love dub's but i will agree Big Klingy on the translation part but on diffrent terms. sometimes the dub can be really good but have crapy translation like bleach (even though i dont like the dub very much) or anything 4kids does.

How does Bleach have a crappy translation? I've only ever watched the dub and read the manga and the dub never seemed wrong.

one of my favorate voice actors is Dan Green and look at how many crapy translations he was in. i also dont really it when they change a line around to where its not the same as a jappanese line (part of the reson why i dont like the bleach dub) but for me its always the acting or the translation.

Except in the case of some of 4kids dubs, that's called localization, and it should be the job of any translator whether dubbing or subbing. You can't transliterate and expect it to flow well in any language because languages are structured differently from one another, so you need to make it so that it makes sense to your target audience. In the case of dubbing, they also need to fit lip flaps.

How does Bleach have a crappy translation? I've only ever watched the dub and read the manga and the dub never seemed wrong.

Except in the case of some of 4kids dubs, that's called localization, and it should be the job of any translator whether dubbing or subbing. You can't transliterate and expect it to flow well in any language because languages are structured differently from one another, so you need to make it so that it makes sense to your target audience. In the case of dubbing, they also need to fit lip flaps.

sorry i didnt quite mean translation its that most of the stuff they say sounds odd and annoys the crap out of me. most of the stuff they say would make sence if you know japanese humor (sorry cant think of any off the top of my head so this argument is in vain -_-;).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I agree any translator should attempt localization as transliterations can be useful, but if you mean (and I think you do) specifically to releasing anime or manga for commercial release, you would be correct to say that localization is always > transliteration.

However, one might argue that all translation is necessary localization with a suitable amount of wordplay.

Edited by SeverIan

The cast for English actors hasn't been released yet. They have probably chosen voice actors, but no one knows who they are.You couldn't stand the new dub voices but you watched the 4kids dub? Wow. The new dub is way better than the previous dub, considering they made it more true to the series and completely got rid of all the stupid voices 4kids gave the characters.