Fire Emblem - Heart of Steel(Demo-out!)

Fitz24

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me elaborate on what Seph1212 and Hero of Time said.

To some people, what you "want" is not what others "want." In a sense, "expectations" have consumed our view points on how we "see" such things. Though with every person comes different thoughts, but "expectations" have done a lot to everyone's view points. Of course, this your hack like those two said, and no one will actually make you to do this and that. Just remember that there are people watching your work (like people like me who respond.)

I think this is what Seph1212 and Hero of Time meant.

• 2 weeks later...

Maps are starting to look a bit better, though still quite a bit of tile spam. The insides of castles and fortresses are supposed to be a little less random than outsides (as humans like to create symmetrical things whereas nature is a lot more random) so that castle area is probably alright for the most part, probably could use a little more variation. On the outside, try to give the grass some variation, as well as some shading. I can understand you holding back from shading because of the trees (since there's sometimes not the right tiles to have trees and shading).

Also, the rivers gotta flow for it to make sense. That's one thing that would bug me, is if the rivers are completely illogical. Your waterfalls also don't make much sense as there seems to be a piece of land in front of them. Try and do what you can to make the rivers connect, even if it means adding a few more water tiles around them for them to fit together.

This really is getting better and better. You could shrink Ch1 a little further though. I'm not going to repeat what others said on "spammy tiles". If this is what you want to go with, then you should do just that. I hope you manage to finish this!

It's important to note that forest tiles are designed to fit together in a certain way. Feaw has a nice image of this somewhere...

In your Chapter 2 map, the water is flowing the wrong way. Rivers should flow towards the ocean or lakes.

• 2 weeks later...

Phew been awhile. Things have been moving, I have the Prologue completely done, check out the first post for a video preview.

Some LOLs

And here is Chapter 1's map. (Worked very hard on this map)

chapter1scrn.png

And, one last thing, the end of the mountain is fixed. Had trouble finding the correct pieces.

This new map is a vast improvement over the ones you've previously posted, so good job. However, there's always room for improvement.

In general, nature doesn't like straight lines. Rivers and mountains tend to be curved and go all over the place. Also, the desert (I think? Top left) and roads are pretty straight as well. References are your friend, don't be afraid to use them. Like I said though, big improvement. Keep at it and you'll have a nice map in no time.

axeman.png

Little update, just moving along with my custom animations especially made for my hack.

Couple things about the animations I've been doing.

-Spearman, Swordsman, and Axeman all are common soldiers using the weapons of man.

-They are all custom animations of my own doing except the Spearman, obviously

-They will all promote into Great Knights(FE8)

Other animations planned for my hack:

-Pupil(FE8) used for the tactician - Equip: Anima, Something else planned :o

-Necromancer(FE8) used for the strategist (tactician promotion) Equip: Anima, Staves and the thing planned

-Mage Knight(FE8) used for a Mage Knight :P - Equip: Anima

-Mage Paladin(custom) promotion of Mage Knight - Equip: Anima, Dark

-King(FE6) used for nobility(Marquesses, Kings)

Random animations that have a possibility of being included:

-Crossbowmen(custom) that promote into Hunters(custom)

-Ranger(FE8) may find a use

-Custom animations for Scott, Ryan and Jenn(small possibility)

-Recruit(FE8) renamed soldier, will promote into Halbrediers(custom)

-May make a pre-assassin animation and have a Thief-Rogue(FE8) animation

-Summoners(FE8) as an epic boss

-Journeyman(FE8) would promote into Reaver(custom)

Things that probably won't happen*:

-Dragons(FE6)

-Monsters(FE8)

*Unless they are included as minions for some crazy summoning badass

So, since I like to create custom animations, there is a very good chance that many of these will be implemented into my hack.