FE: The Fate of Magvel

ThatGuyDownTheStreet

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To: Psychedelica, when you say tilespammed I'm assuning you mean the houses, am I right?

Chest was a misclick, I'll fix that along with other stuff.

Do you have any ideas as to making it look less boring?

To: Celice

Do you know of a certain map in the GBA games that I could reference off of?

Thanks for the comments!

Yes, but also the grass. The paths are bad as well, and it just really needs work in general. It looks like you just picked random tiles and finished in 5 minutes.

looks cool bro if u do end up wanting halp im rite heer for u

Yes, but also the grass. The paths are bad as well, and it just really needs work in general. It looks like you just picked random tiles and finished in 5 minutes.

To Dr. Sholes: Thank you, I'll remember that.

To Psychedelia: It's true that the grass looks weird. I do use an awkward method to pick grass and whatnot. I'll go back and include that into my list of changes to finishing this map.

Again, Thanks you guys.

I could do your maps. And disregard what I said in your sprite thread, I thought you were aiming at a Magvel sequel. I was aiming at a FE8 Gen 2 type of thing XD.

Edited by Joerachi

I think you may need to introduce some new things like maybe some other imperialistic country across the sea discovering Magvel and invading Grado, due to it's new unstable gov. or Frelia/ Rausten depending on where you would prefer the continent to be.

You never have to show the new country just mention it.

If you want more suggestions from me ask and I'll see what I can come up with.

I think you may need to introduce some new things like maybe some other imperialistic country across the sea discovering Magvel and invading Grado, due to it's new unstable gov. or Frelia/ Rausten depending on where you would prefer the continent to be.

You never have to show the new country just mention it.

If you want more suggestions from me ask and I'll see what I can come up with.

Interesting concept, never thought of something like that. If you have any other suggestions feel free to share them as you please.

I will admit it's come a long way and it's a big improvement. That said, it's still lots of tile-spammed grass, and the rivers flow almost unnaturally. Add some dirt paths and fix the rivers.

I will admit it's come a long way and it's a big improvement. That said, it's still lots of tile-spammed grass, and the rivers flow almost unnaturally. Add some dirt paths and fix the rivers.

There are still too many straight lines, it looks unnatural. I also think the vendor/armoury/arena are dotted around a little bit randomly. But it's a big improvement, definitely!

After reading a couple of comments on SoS, I saw how the rivers are completely unrealistic. It won't be too hard to fix that and a couple of other things.

Straight-line cliffs are bland.

Grass is bland, no dirt paths or random other-colored grass patches.

Arena placement is in middle of nowhere.

Improper forest tile used (analyze the forest tiles and you'll see that some of them are meant to "connect" with other forest tiles...), all the forests come in very small random bunches, make it seem more like people didn't just randomly leave a couple trees/forests here and there (considering there IS civilization).

That waterfall just looks... wrong.

The mountains are also highly unrealistic, for one, they're just in the middle of nowhere, don't connect into anything like a river, the brown mountains, etc., they're just there, and it makes me want to think that you put them there just to make the map seem less bland... XD

Straight-line cliffs are bland.

Grass is bland, no dirt paths or random other-colored grass patches.

Arena placement is in middle of nowhere.

Improper forest tile used (analyze the forest tiles and you'll see that some of them are meant to "connect" with other forest tiles...), all the forests come in very small random bunches, make it seem more like people didn't just randomly leave a couple trees/forests here and there (considering there IS civilization).

That waterfall just looks... wrong.

The mountains are also highly unrealistic, for one, they're just in the middle of nowhere, don't connect into anything like a river, the brown mountains, etc., they're just there, and it makes me want to think that you put them there just to make the map seem less bland... XD

You guys can read me like a book, I did actually put extra random stuff just to make it unbland, mainly because I had trouble with the other colored grass, but I'll get that next time. I got a lot of work I have to do now, but it's all good.

Ahem, something relevant now.

Berserkers etc. don't really need steal, do they? PFFT, LET THE BATTLE AXE SUCK.

Most pirates steal treasure from people, at least that's what I know.

In the original FE: SS, battle axe=axe of crap

What I thought would be good was to have it like this, battle axe= Get away! It's going to rape me!

IDK, maybe I'm wrong...

Most pirates steal treasure from people, at least that's what I know.

In the original FE: SS, battle axe=axe of crap

What I thought would be good was to have it like this, battle axe= Get away! It's going to rape me!

IDK, maybe I'm wrong...

It's a Steel Axe but with 2 more attack, 5 more crit and 5 less hit. Doesn't really seem that underpowered to me.

Something called the Battleaxe implies being fairly common. It's a workmanlike axe. Used for Battle. You hit people with it. They fall down.

• 2 months later...

Update Post

I want everyone to know that this hack is still in progress, and that I won't give it up just yet. However, progress will be relatively slow and you probably won't see updates until later on. I wish to first strengthen my FE8 hacking skills first so that this hack may be well done. I hope that you all understand.

Thanks for your time.

• 4 weeks later...