#LookingForANewTitle

Caliban of Sycorax

Male or female for the arms? I think I can expand the females in arm and leg width by far. I'll definitely take out the darkest shade in them as well.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I go through fixing all of them, I fixed up one of the females. The leggings' shading isn't what I wanted it to be, so please ignore it.

73ec497cfef7a039bfcd1102ddb2fb7a.png

69795156ed0695977b0a269575d3ebd2.png

I also need to shade the belt still. But I tried to move the arms around. The right arm is now resting slightly lower, and the left arm is resting on the hip. Also, the arms and legs have been widened. I also reshaded the jacket with less third shade, along with a few other fixes.

I ended up going through and changing them all.

Swordfighters-1.png

There's a few palette changes here and there as well, mostly to get rid of ugly colors.

FEMALES: Shaded the belt and leggings.

MALES: Widened arms, reshaded jacket entirely, changed sword arm stance.

all the male swordies are wearing massive raincoats

Would opening the coat fix that issue? I'm kind of drawing inspiration from the Jacket!Myrms except not really because I'm making it my own.

the male mages have super tiny bodies.

I'm gonna fix that right arm because I hate it. How many pixels would work to widen/lengthen the body?

looks bad

Thanks

Would opening the coat fix that issue? I'm kind of drawing inspiration from the Jacket!Myrms except not really because I'm making it my own.

Idklol I don't battle sprite. All I know is that those knee length rain coats don't look very good, or look very practical for battle.

I'm gonna fix that right arm because I hate it. How many pixels would work to widen/lengthen the body?

Reference the original and better mage sprite?

Thanks

You're not welcome those are srs bad.

Idklol I don't battle sprite. All I know is that those knee length rain coats don't look very good, or look very practical for battle.

Reference the original and better mage sprite?

You're not welcome those are srs bad.

Then I'll shorten then and open the coat, see if that works.

lolimpracticalcapeshoodsandawkwardclothing I will, but it's kinda tough to reference a sprite that's half hidden behind a friggin' cape. I'll do my best, though.

Love you too, Trent.

Then I'll shorten then and open the coat, see if that works.

lolimpracticalcapeshoodsandawkwardclothing I will, but it's kinda tough to reference a sprite that's half hidden behind a friggin' cape. I'll do my best, though.

Love you too, Trent.

I don't particularly care how impractical it is, yours are more impractical because there's sort of no possible way for a person with that thin of a body to live.

and since when was FE 100% practical? Mages are meant to be fancy; they sit in the back and throw fire at people.

Myrmidons are more practical because they wear form fitting clothing that doesn't hang about so it doesn't get in the way during fighting.

Don't love me, I'm being serious.

Edited by seph1212

Excuse me for trying to make things a little more practical. I already said I would widen the body, so take a fucking chill pill.

Now, why not tell me what in particular is so bad? Instead of running your mouth, tell me what I need to fix and I'll do everything in my power to fix it.

Excuse me for trying to make things a little more practical. I already said I would widen the body, so take a fucking chill pill.

Now, why not tell me what in particular is so bad? Instead of running your mouth, tell me what I need to fix and I'll do everything in my power to fix it.

Lol you're the one that needs to chill. You're not really excused because of how impractical the swordies coat is :3c

And I'll run my mouth all I want, gg ;D

Because you need to fix the body width, the arms, and the shading on the mages.

And you need to fix the arm bend, the coat, and the tits on the swordies. The tits on the female mages too.

And the generic mage palette is gross. Wherever you got that pale color from, get rid of it. Or, or, sprite better, so that the color works with the shading.

good luck fixing this stuff I know you prolly can't <3

this is funny :3c

Edited by seph1212

[12:09:32 AM] Seph: Yeti say something

[12:09:41 AM] Seph: you're the authority on Battle Spriting

[12:09:42 AM] Seph: :<

ugh fine

Hair shading is super banded

Chest appears to be a collapsed

Chest shading doesn't define any shapes at all

Tiny shoulders, and thin noodle arms

Tome is a blobby rectangle, and the random dark shading on the corners does not define the shape; you could add a strip of skin tone to the left edge and it's instantly 3D o: o:

Tome is too low, unless he has adhesive on his palm

Pants are flat pillow shaded, the lighting give no information about shape or light direction

Boots really want a third skin tone, the contrast is too high now

Bright lighting on the boots shouldn't go up that high, it distorts the shape

Too many different colors, it limits how many shades of each color you can use for detailed shading; the tome could be skin tone or hair colored

They're plain because there's nothing interesting going on. Shirt, pants, belt, boots, OH LOOK A TOME WHOA. And then the default Mages have big stupid point hat and the cape. It doesn't seem like you have any goal for the look of the class and just did whatever?

I basically just did an edit to the sprite and made a list of everything I changed

Edited by BwdYeti

Thanks for the advice, Yeti. I'll take these into account.

trent, take notes. this is how you critique. if you're not gonna offer anything useful then don't offer it at all, because you're merely wasting people's time.

Yeti, do you still have the edits you made? I'd like to use it as a reference point, if possible.

Why do you even bother defending yourself Trent?

Reading this, all he was doing was asking for what he needed to fix and you couldn't say a single thing without putting him down when they were all really unnecessary because he's trying to get these fixed, it's not like those others who are like "I don't see why I need to fix this it looks fine to me" and it looked to me like the only thing you were trying to do was not just plain help somebody who was being as tolerant as they may

Sure you did point out what's wrong. No you were not very good at giving better detail. All it was was jibber jabber jibber jabber whine whine whine. Because seriously that's pretty difficult for somebody to ignore when all they want is help.

While Laurence should try his best to ignore you he sorta was at first and you just keep flaming even more.

But you already do say how much you don't care how much anybody doesn't like your trolly bitchy attitude but I seriously couldn't go without saying that I don't see why you bother defending yourself....

Why do you even bother defending yourself Trent?

Reading this, all he was doing was asking for what he needed to fix and you couldn't say a single thing without putting him down when they were all really unnecessary because he's trying to get these fixed, it's not like those others who are like "I don't see why I need to fix this it looks fine to me" and it looked to me like the only thing you were trying to do was not just plain help somebody who was being as tolerant as they may

Sure you did point out what's wrong. No you were not very good at giving better detail. All it was was jibber jabber jibber jabber whine whine whine. Because seriously that's pretty difficult for somebody to ignore when all they want is help.

While Laurence should try his best to ignore you he sorta was at first and you just keep flaming even more.

But you already do say how much you don't care how much anybody doesn't like your trolly bitchy attitude but I seriously couldn't go without saying that I don't see why you bother defending yourself....

Whilst that was fun to read, we've already settled it maturely on skype :3

Oh Free~

"trolly bitchy" though, that's a new one :3c

Edited by seph1212

Yeti, do you still have the edits you made? I'd like to use it as a reference point, if possible.

Letting you do an edit first so that I don't corrupt the revision process

Edited by BwdYeti

3fde4872916142b25bea115ae6864b9d.png

I took out the shading and I'll re-work those later, but I wanted to see if the proportions were getting better. I didn't do much for the female, I was more concerned with the male. I raised his head and widened both arms/shoulders, and the near leg. I also made the tomes a more consistent size.

Body shape is some better, battlers don't really have necks so head should be lowered (male only), hips look smooshed, hair shading is still bad, outfit is still going to be boring unless you're doing something later

I actually raised the head because I felt like it was going to be too low on the body. I'll fix the hips and hair shading later. I wasn't really looking to make the outfit terribly elaborate, but I'll look into ways to make it less boring.