#LookingForANewTitle

Caliban of Sycorax

Specifics? His arms are the incorrect shape for an arm; they're basically oblong tubes on your sprite, no muscle mass or definition. The shading is pillowed and chunky all over the sprite. Seriously, stick to splicing for a while, you'll learn a lot quicker than trying to do FC work.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, Seph. I barely ever spliced at all. You learn by doing.

One person doesn't make it true, Bonesz :/

THAT, and you have actual art experience, and draw pretty dang well.

As far as I know, Archangel knows nothing about actual drawings, and hasn't had any real art experience before.

Learning by doing worked for you, but from the previous page of attempts at FCing, which have resulted in tons of playdough, I don't think it's going to work for him.

You've seriously gotta stop using this as an excuse for other people who want to FC :\

It's not really that good of a reason. And by splicing, they learn the basics, and then can move on to FCing.

You basically hit the nail on the head, I'm not an artist and I don't plan on being one. I hate drawing faces, I hate drawing hair, I hate coloring them in. I do this as a mere time passer, if anything.

You basically hit the nail on the head, I'm not an artist and I don't plan on being one. I hate drawing faces, I hate drawing hair, I hate coloring them in. I do this as a mere time passer, if anything.

I highly suggest you stick to splicing, then :E

Yeah, or I could work on battle sprites because I like them better, and they're easier to customize.

Case in point:

AllySprites.png

The allies for Return of the Black Fang. In order:

Trueblade!Alex, Veteran!Kane, Magistrate!Donovan, Saint!Marie, Sage!Nino, Hero!Drew, Assassin!Jaffar, Rogue!Legault, Berserker!Jan, General!Isabel, Hero!Frederick, Sage!Brunya, Valkyrie!Carla, Sniper!Sonja, Sage!Lute, Falconknight!Cassandra, and Swordmaster!Ana.

The custom work is mostly in the three brothers and Marie, but there's minor work on many of the others. Pallettes are my own colors except Legault's hair.

Uh... Why would Lute and Brunya have anything to do with the Black Fang?

Just wondering

The story itself takes place a year after FE7. Brunya is loyal to Isabel, who was one of the founders of the Black Fang. Lute just happens to be mixed in with it while traveling some unknown time after FE8. The glories of fanfiction ;)

Brunya is loyal to wh--

Oh wait, fanfic, nvm :p

Assumedly she's in her late teens during FE7, and I'm pretty sure she won't be a Wyvern General until at least 10 years later.

Sprites.png

Oh, hey there.

I guess it's fair to explain the characters and their relation to the story.

Allies:

The three on the top are the three sons of Lloyd Reed: Alex, Kane, and Donovan (youngest to oldest). They are basically the leaders of the Black Fang after Brendan, Lloyd, and Linus died.

Marie is Lloyd's widow, and still in mourning, explaining the black colors. She's also wearing a veil, which explains the color shift on her face. (Think veiled Almedha in FE10)

Nino, Jaffar, Legault, and Jan are basically the same people from FE7 but a year older. Nino and Jaffar are lovers.

Drew is the son of Linus, and Cassandra is his widow.

Carla is Donovan's lover and Ursula's older daughter. Sonja is Drew's lover and is Ursula's younger daughter.

Isabel and Frederick are married, and are two of Brendan's close friends and helped him found the Black Fang.

As said before, Brunya is loyal to Isabel. Isabel was a former knight of Bern, which explains the connection between Brunya and Bern.

Lute is traveling around Elibe after FE8 to hone her skills. She's brought into the conflict when she is attacked by Drake.

Ana is Alex's lover and a swordswoman from Sacae.

Putting the enemies in spoilers!

[spoiler=[b]Enemies:[/b]]

Gianna is a servant of Catherine, and a former knight of Bern. Her teacher was Isabel.

Drake is a servant of Nylissa. He is famous across Elibe because of his magic prowess, which prompts him to fight Lute when he learns of her.

Michael is a servant of Catherine, and her right-hand man. His power is greater than her Four Fangs, and they all envy him for it.

Analia is the Serene Dancer of Catherine's Four Fangs. She is extremely loyal to Catherine. She is also Joshua's wife.

Joshua is the Black Stallion of Catherine's Four Fangs, and Analia's husband.

Nicola is the Crimson Sparrow of Catherine's Four Fangs.

Rune is Brendan's younger brother and the Wild Boar of Catherine's Four Fangs. He helped found the Black Fang and is staying with Catherine in the hope that she will bring his brother back from the dead.

Like Nergal bringing back the Black Fang as Morphs in FE7, Catherine has done something similar, and has reanimated their corpses. They have no mind of their own and rely on pure instinct.

Nylissa is Nergal's first and most loyal servant. She and Catherine are in rivalry to see who Nergal favors more.

Catherine is the main antagonist and is Nergal's most powerful servant. She was once a sister in the Elimine Church, but she soon found Nergal and began to serve him instead, worshipping him as a god. She was responsible for helping Nergal with the creation of the first Morphs and also was the one who created the Black Fang Morphs. After Nergal's death she began to collect quintessence in order to resurrect him. In doing so she also resurrected many Black Fang members.

Nergal in this form is much more powerful than the Nergal of FE7. After the defeat of both Nylissa and Catherine he gains their power and essence.

Sprite-wise, Catherine's is clearly the most custom. Its base is Blade Lord!Lyn flipped with heavy customing. The others just have custom colors, except the Black Fang who have custom skin tones.

Sprites-3.png

Battlesprite update, nothing too much except for the addition of Rose and Crystalline, Ana's mother and sister, and some tweaking to Alex and a few others.

Brunya-1.png

I tried my hand at some splicing, and I went for a younger Brunya. Very small custom work, mostly to mesh Karla and Miledy's hair together, and also some work on Anna's hand that I flipped and tossed on there. Hair and clothes are custom colors I picked based on the battlesprite's colors.

Did somebody say younger Brunya!?

If it's not already when that's finished can I use it in my hack.

If you are thinking about saying no please think about this first...at least 3 people have said they'd make on for my hack and none actually did...IT'S TRAGIC!!!tongue.giftongue.gif

Harhar I think I'm one of those three.

Her hair on her left is a bit jagged and you may want to use darker colors for her shirt, especially if you are using FE8 colors.

Harhar I think I'm one of those three.

Her hair on her left is a bit jagged and you may want to use darker colors for her shirt, especially if you are using FE8 colors.

This, and it doesn't resemble Brunya in the least :E

I mean, I know it's supposed to be her when she was younger, but, Roy's younger sprite looks like him, as does Lilina's. There has to be some resemblance.

Brunya hit VERY LATE puberty, okay?! D:

I'm assuming a fix on the eyes should help that, I'll work on it later.

@Sholes: I don't see why not, I'm not too picky, I just request credit is all.

Also, updated Brunya.

Brunya-2.png

Re-did the eyes, spliced Brunya's actual nose, and moved her mouth and chin up a pixel. Also updated her hair and clothes color-wise.

Kane.png

Kane. It's a simple Raven/Oleg splice, but since the head and body's angles didn't match I rotated the body to fit better. The thing was, it fucked up the shading so I had to re-shade. I also removed the spikes on the armor, and also removed the other shoulder pad.

Alex-1.png

Alex. This face was tough because I used Paint.NET to rotate the head to fit the body better and had to reshade the hair, face, and eyes. Franz/Erk/Guy splice. Definitely needs critiques.

Three more, well, more like two and a bit of work on another.

Marie.png

Marie. A combination of Isadora, Elanora, and Selena.

Isabel.png

Isabel. A combination of Selena, Yuno, and Zeiss.

Legault-1.png

Legault more scarred and a minor fix to the hair next to his ear.