Super Thracia hack released

VincentASM

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a random question like that : is Ethlin's Light Brand still unbreakable after you capture her?

Yes, it is. A shame that you still can't use that infinite use Sleep Sword.

Also, any idea on how to promote Eine? Mine didn't seem to promote via Knight or Master Proof.

Btw, who can use the Swanchika you get from Patty? Any ideas?

Edited by Scaramanga

Let's see Eine promotes via master proof at level 35 and about the swanchika Patty has (how ill never know) according to what ive seen on Youtube for this hack, Leaf can promote to Master Knight and he can use it. :blink:

Yes, it is. A shame that you still can't use that infinite use Sleep Sword.

Aw dammit.

Let's see Eine promotes via master proof at level 35 and about the swanchika Patty has (how ill never know) according to what ive seen on Youtube for this hack, Leaf can promote to Master Knight and he can use it. :blink:

For reference, this will help.

If you notice a "⇒" between two classes, that means the character needs a Master Proof at level 35.

Also the axe, Nailring, is supposedly useable by Lenster nobles. Anyone tried it on Xavier?

Edited by Dio

Aw dammit.

For reference, this will help.

If you notice a "⇒" between two classes, that means the character needs a Master Proof at level 35.

Also the axe, Nailring, is supposedly useable by Lenster nobles. Anyone tried it on Xavier?

Unless Xavier can use Axes upon promotion, he can't use it ( I recruited him but didn't bother training him D: ).

Edit: Hacked Axes onto Xavier. He can't use the Nailring ):

Edited by Scaramanga

@Blazing_Soul: I tried using Nightmare Item Editors on it, but it said that it was incompatible with the rom. What are you using?

@Scaramanga: What are you using to edit the patch?

Nightmare, it worked fine here. Which version of the Thracia 776 rom are you using?

Also, what exactly does that red orb Oliver comes with in Chapter 5 do? The infinite use one.

It's an infinite use vulnerary for bosses.

I think Felgus can use it as well. Can't really remember though.

Never mind - I got Nightmare to work.

However, is it possible to keep 1-3 range on weapons that had it initially using Nightmare? Nightmare tries setting it to 1 range or 1-2 range instead.

Also, for some reason, I can't capture Lifis anymore. My Eyvel has higher stats in everything, including build, than him, but she can't capture him for some reason.

However, is it possible to keep 1-3 range on weapons that had it initially using Nightmare? Nightmare tries setting it to 1 range or 1-2 range instead.

Find "Range" in the item editor (open it in a text editor) and change NDHU to HEXA.

EDIT

Also change "Weapon Range.txt" to NULL.

Edited by VincentASM

Ah, okay. Thanks!

Do you know what might have caused Lifis to become uncapturable? Like, literally, I've tried every character I have with higher build than him, and the capture option never shows up. The only things I fiddled with on Nightmare are character base stats and skills, and items. Is it possible that a skill might prevent a character from being capturable?

The only things I fiddled with on Nightmare are character base stats and skills, and items. Is it possible that a skill might prevent a character from being capturable?

Could be, at which point through the game did you start editing?

I edited and then started a new playthrough.

I see, that raises the chance of it being due to some editing going wrong (or maybe Nightmare changing some values that it thinks aren't right, like with the weapon ranges).

The only thing I can recommend now is suspend your game right before starting 2x and continue your save on the unedited Super Thracia ROM until you've captured Rifis.

BTW, how many edits did you make in Nightmare? If it's not a lot, you can probably easily recreate those changes with a hex editor, which is probably more safer in this situation (since the modules weren't create with the hack in mind).

Edited by VincentASM

I think Felgus can use it as well. Can't really remember though.

Yeah, Felgus can use it. Maybe Xavier can only use it when he promotes to Marshall?

Edited by Scaramanga

Does someone know how we promote Linoan the first time? I'm currently at chapter 21 and the chapel is off limit and can't be visited by any of my chars.

I've been playing this hack for a while now, and I've got to say it's been a love/hate affair. Some chapters feel so cheap. Here are some of my thoughts/questions:

Chapter 14x- It didn't seem too bad at first, until I went north. Needless to say, it took a ton of savestate abuse to get through all of those reinforcements. Where do they come from??? At least I managed to hoard a bunch of silver weapons.

Chapter 15- Too many Roros! And they destroyed the church too, so no Sleuf for me (in 16A). Other than that it was a nice EXP hoarding chapter.

Chapter 17A- Ashnard was a pain in the ass. Thankfully I hurt him enough to force him to heal every turn. By the time his vulnerary was used up, he left. And what's up with the BK appearing after you recruit Sara? I basically had to get her right before seizing. Those Novistadors caught me by surprise too; they're in the spot where the usual long range tome Bishops would be.

Chapter 19- This was the first chapter I got stuck on for a while despite using cheats for the first time. I wanted to recruit Galzus and Misha without getting slaughtered at the bottom. Easier said than done. At first I used cheats to give Leaf infinite turns and had him kill everything. However, a horde of dragon knights spawned like a turn or two later, and kept spawning every turn; 8 or so near the castle, and about 12 (I think) in the plain in a circular formation. I realized that that at the beginning the enemy numbers were maxed out, so every time I killed an enemy, a dragon knight would spawn. Thus on my subsequent attempts (without cheats), I avoided killing enemies and after recruiting the new characters; I rescued them and rescued them. I barely made it to the castle before the dragon knight spawns became too numerous.

Chapter 20- At this point in the game, I used cheats from here onward. After playing it legitimately for a few turns, I was pretty certain that there was a near zero percent chance of everyone surviving the dragon knights, so I used Super Leaf (with infinite turns) to clear out stuff.

Chapter 21- In the original, reinforcements spawned like crazy. This chapter was the same, so I just used Super Leaf to clear it.

Chapter 21x- Are you freaking kidding me? Arden returns, and he's cloned himself like 40 times. Needless to say, I let Super Leaf kill every Arden and the reinforcement Ardens too. I rescued everyone and escaped everyone save for Super Leaf since I wanted to see what the would be in place of the Dark Mage reinforcements on turn 30. They turned out to be Novistadors wielding dark magic, so I didn't bother fighting them lol.

Chapter 22- This chapter is absolutely insane, even worse than the original. I made Super Leaf into Super Thief Leaf (gave him the steal skill). I tried a blind run without cheats and it failed miserably. The problem is the reinforcements. Like in chapter 19, every time you kill someone, reinforcements will spawn. In this case it was a ballista (I left him alone since he blocked his own reinforcement), three pirates, and dragon knights with 100% remove. Basically I had Super Thief Leaf steal everything (got lots of sweet weapons) and slowly killed things one by one, making sure only pirates spawned. Reinforcements stopped around turn 40 (not sure, but it took a while). Towards the end, it was a hilarious sight; all the weaponless enemies were crowding around the weapon shop. The warrior who bought a killer bow couldn't move anywhere, so he clogged up the entrance to the shop. I was able to pick them off and complete the chapter easily at that point.

Chapter 23- Another WTF chapter. There's no way anyone could complete this legitimately without losing someone. I tried using Super Thief Leaf, but the real boss came out and killed Arion. Strangely enough, Leaf has a conversation with the boss (who's probably in place of Sety). Second time around, I used my flying units Karin and Sheeda. Guess what? Nobody attacked them! They only created a circle one space away from either flyer. I took advantage of this and picked off every dragon rider off one by one. Still, the boss was a problem; with 90 magical attack most people are going to be OHKO. His tome grants him huge bonuses, so most people can only do 1 pt of damage to him. He also has vantage and prayer and some other skills. I had to hack in a Hell tome to knock his HP down to one, then finish him off. Seriously, there's no other way to kill this guy. Did anyone else beat this map differently?

I'm on Chapter 24 now, and I can't kill Ethlin. Should I just use Hell and then knock her out? Or is there another way?

Couple of quick questions.

If you use the cheat code to access 12x after completing 12, am I still able to proceed with the game normally for the most part?

Also, what characters after 12x need to be captured to be recruited?

Also, what characters after 12x need to be captured to be recruited?

You need Sheeda to get Boyce, who looks like blonde haired Gerik. You can't recruit Parn and AFAIK Lara doesn't promote to Dancer if she talks to him.

Ah, okay. Thanks!

Do you know what might have caused Lifis to become uncapturable? Like, literally, I've tried every character I have with higher build than him, and the capture option never shows up. The only things I fiddled with on Nightmare are character base stats and skills, and items. Is it possible that a skill might prevent a character from being capturable?

What about mounted Fin? Don't mounted units always get a chance to capture?