The Ultimate Splicing and Custom Portrait Contest!

ThatGuyDownTheStreet

Still have plenty of time and I'd like to try give myself more time but of course I can always edit this, so here we go.

CustomSpliceComp_2.png

Thats really cool! But i cant help but find that usage of Ninian's hair dec as a bit...much. The colors rock though! :o

EDIT: It is done!! At last!!! This one actually pushed my spriting skills to the limit. Even the palette was a challenge to work with.

I give you HP Lovecraft. In sprite form. As my entry.

wrlw2d.png

Edited by Florina

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Astelaine! Your tips really REALLY helped. I actually had to bring his face one pixel inward as well. (something i realized when really looking at the reference image.)

Thats really cool! But i cant help but find that usage of Ninian's hair dec as a bit...much. The colors rock though! :o

Lol I was wondering about that when I threw those on there! *good thing she saved the version without them* It'll just be a copy and a paste!

EDIT: CustomSpliceComp_4.png

Edited by Freohr Datia

Looks better! I was dicking around with your mug just for fun to see if a different hair dec would work. (Tethys's ribbon actually might or even Lalum's) Guinvere's hair is always difficult to work with so its pretty impressive you managed what you did! It looks really nice!

Looks better! I was dicking around with your mug just for fun to see if a different hair dec would work. (Tethys's ribbon actually might or even Lalum's) Guinvere's hair is always difficult to work with so its pretty impressive you managed what you did! It looks really nice!

Oh yeah I was getting annoyed with her hair for a bit but then found out how to work things out =D Thanks!

Oh you mean to replace L'Arachel's ribbony thingy? Maybe what I could do (cause I like L'arachel's =3) is place Tethys' underneath hers. At first I thought on top then felt it might be too large for that.

*decides to start tinkering*

Oh no, you dont have to replace L'Arachels thingdeal. I was just messing around with it myself with that part still on. Anyway...*Ninja vanishes before this gets really off topic*

Hmm. I does stand out a bit doesn't it? and not in a good way. To tell you the truth I was thinking of getting rid of the red completely. What I was thinking was perhaps getting rid of the red so I can have five shades of white so that I can make the trim all white. I'll go screw around with it a bit.

Hmm... I tried adding Tethys' ribbon and it just covered up that bottom curl coming from her bun and I don't want it covered cause it took my a long time to find the perfect strand for that part XD I've been trying to mess around with positioning it but haven't quite found anything yet. And I'm not sure I'm applying Lalum's the right way lol

*sees what she can still do*

ohay das purrty

I really love that Nanna. :o

I've got til the 24th, so... I might enter. We'll see if I can come up with something. :P