Event Assembler Questions Thread

CT075

Sorry to be a noob and all but I've got a problem with my events. Whenever I assemble it the chapter proceeds as normal except whenever the Eliwood lord dies there's no game over! I have no idea what I've done and was hoping to find some guidance. Thanks

#define DISABLE_TUTORIALS

#include EAstdlib.event

EventPointerTable(0x06,Pointers)

ORG 0xD81234

Pointers:

POIN Turn_events

POIN Character_events

POIN Location_events

POIN Misc_events

POIN TrapData TrapData

POIN Bad Bad Bad Bad

POIN Good Good Good Good

POIN Opening_event Ending_event

//Offset for this maps events end at D80332

//Offset for this map is D81234

Good:

UNIT Eliwood EliwoodLord 0x00 Level(1, Ally, 0) [5,1] [5,1] [Fire, Vulnerary] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT Sain Soldier Eliwood Level(2, Ally, 1) [2,7] [2,7] [0x14, 0x15, Vulnerary] [0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00]

UNIT

Bad:

UNIT Bern Soldier 0x00 Level(2, Enemy, 0) [7,9] [7,9] [0x14, Vulnerary] [0x00,0x03,0x09,0x00]

UNIT Bern Soldier 0x00 Level(1, Enemy, 0) [11,6] [11,6] [0x14, Javelin, Vulnerary] [0x00,0x03,0x09,0x00]

UNIT Bern Soldier 0x00 Level(1, Enemy, 0) [9,9] [9,9] [0x14, Javelin] [0x00,0x02,0x02,0x00]

UNIT Bern Fighter 0x00 Level(2, Enemy, 0) [6,0] [6,0] [ironAxe, HandAxe] [0x00,0x02,0x02,0x00]

UNIT Bern 0x21 0x00 Level(2, Enemy, 0) [7,7] [7,7] [0x37] [0x00,0x03,0x09,0x00]

UNIT Bern Mercenary 0x00 Level(1, Enemy, 0) [15,5] [15,5] [ironSword] [0x00,0x02,0x02,0x00]

UNIT Bern 0x18 0x00 Level(2, Enemy, 0) [12,3] [12,3] [0x2C] [0x00,0x02,0x02,0x00]

UNIT

RE1:

UNIT Bern Soldier 0x00 Level(2, Enemy, 0) [15,1] [15,1] [Javelin, Vulnerary] [0x00,0x02,0x02,0x00]

UNIT Bern Mercenary 0x00 Level(1, Enemy, 0) [15,5] [15,5] [ironSword] [0x00,0x02,0x02,0x00]

UNIT

RE2:

UNIT Bern Fighter 0x00 Level(1, Enemy, 0) [15,1] [4,7] [ironAxe, HandAxe] [0x00,0x02,0x02,0x00]

UNIT Bern Mercenary 0x00 Level(1, Enemy, 0) [15,7] [15,7] [ironSword] [0x00,0x02,0x02,0x00]

UNIT

THE_Jeigan:

UNIT Marcus Paladin 0x00 Level(1, NPC, 0) [3,1] [3,1] [ironAxe, Javelin, IronSword] NoAI

UNIT

The_Jeigan:

UNIT Marcus Paladin 0x00 Level(1, Enemy, 0) [3,1] [3,1] [ironAxe, Javelin, IronSword] [0x03,0x03,0x09,0x20]

UNIT

Turn_events:

TurnEventPlayer(0x0,Opening_event,1)

TurnEventPlayer(0x0,Bring_Out_The_Troops,3)

TurnEventPlayer(0x0,Enemy_Reinforcements_Wave1,3)

TurnEventPlayer(0x0,Enemy_Reinforcements_Wave2,4)

End_MAIN

Character_events:

Bring_Out_The_Troops:

TEX1 0x819

REMA

ENDA

End_MAIN

Location_events:

Misc_events:

Seize(1,1)

CauseGameOverIfLordDies

AFEV

TrapData:

End_MAIN

Opening_event:

MUSC 0x0025

OOBB

LOU1 Good

STAL 10 //stalls for 10 things

ENUN

LOU1 The_Jeigan

ENUN

CURF Eliwood //Flash cursor on specified character

CURF Marcus //Flash cursor on specified character

BACG 0x04 //displays the road to village

TEX1 0x815 //displays the text at input index 0815

FADU 10

LOU1 Bad

ENUN

REMA

MOVE Eliwood [1,8] //Moves character to specified coordinates.

MOVE Sain [2,7]

MOVE Marcus [1,1] //Moves character to specified coordinates.

ENUN

FADI 10

TEX1 0x816

REMA

ENDA

Ending_event:

MUSC 0x0A

FADI 10

STAL 10

LOU1 THE_Jeigan

ENUN

FADU 10

CURF Eliwood

BACG 0x04

TEX2 0x817

REMA

WEA1 Rain

TEX1 0x818

MOVE Eliwood MoveData

ENUN

STAL 10

MOVENEXTTO Marcus Eliwood

ENUN

STAL 5

MOVENEXTTO Sain Marcus

ENUN

FADU 10

MNCH 0x01

ENDA

// Events

Enemy_Reinforcements_Wave1:

LOU1 RE1

ENUN

ENDA

Enemy_Reinforcements_Wave2:

LOU1 RE2

ENUN

ENDA

// Manual Movement

MoveData:

MOMA left left left left

MOMA left left left left

MOMA left left left left

MOMA left left

// Scripted Fights

// Units

// Shop Data

The reason for this is because the events your overwriting are in lyns story. since lyn is considered the main lord and not eliwood until chapter 11 eliwood won't register a game over until Ch.11. Just put the character you put into the game into lyns spot instead of eliwood and it should be fixed. I hope this helped!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyn mode has several restrictions in place that make it not that great to work with.

You're better off make the game start in Eliwood mode.

At 0x0A06D8 Change 00 2D to 02 25

Then at 0x0A0748 Change 02 to 01

Now the game will start at the prologue, but in Eliwood mode.

As for the game over thing not working, make sure Eliwood's death quote still has an ID of 0x65.

Is there a way to change a playable unit's class and level through events? For exemple: I have Rath as an level 15 or so Archer and next chapter I want him to appear as a level one Sniper keeping his previous stats. Is there a way to do this?

Is there a way to change a playable unit's class and level through events? For exemple: I have Rath as an level 15 or so Archer and next chapter I want him to appear as a level one Sniper keeping his previous stats. Is there a way to do this?

KILL him and respawn him as a level 1 sniper. it won't save his stats or inventory, unfortunately, but it's the only way in the vanilla engine

You alter memory by either doing it manually via your emulator's features, or by writing some assembly code.
The base game doesn't have any functionality to alter someone's class except through promotion. And FE7's instant promotion only works for the main lord of whatever mode you're in.

You alter memory by either doing it manually via your emulator's features, or by writing some assembly code.

The base game doesn't have any functionality to alter someone's class except through promotion. And FE7's instant promotion only works for the main lord of whatever mode you're in.

Well, is there someway I can get/learn how to make that kind of assembly code?

Okay, so this may seem like a stupid question but i'm not sure which prog. i'm supposed to find the 0x0A06D8. I've checked through HxD Multiple times on every search type and even tried finding it manually but i can't find it. Is it in another prog. or am i missing something? Last question i promise! (Probably)

Okay, so this may seem like a stupid question but i'm not sure which prog. i'm supposed to find the 0x0A06D8. I've checked through HxD Multiple times on every search type and even tried finding it manually but i can't find it. Is it in another prog. or am i missing something? Last question i promise! (Probably)

What is that supposed to be?

What is that supposed to be?

it's the offset listed in primefusions response to a question at the top of the page. It's the one that you have to change to set the game to eliwoods story from the start but in the prologue.

Is there an easy and convenient way to change how many levels an autoleveled promoted unit gets? In the prologue map, I want to spawn a couple of promoted enemies as well as some level 15 units, but the level 15 units and promoted are coming out with about equivalent stats, which I don't want, because the promoted units are autoleveling only 9 times or so. I manually changed the mode HHM, so would there be something in Nightmare to edit Hard Mode bonuses or something like that?

What I do to control particular units' stats is make a new character for them and manually input flat stat bonuses in there.

if they're autoleveling at least 9 times, the change in stat variance from having a flat boost and 9 level ups compared to 15 level ups shouldn't be too big.

Edited by Galap

• 2 weeks later...

Those type of events (desert items work this way too) require you to check what the current phase is (enemy/player) with IFAT 0x1 0x7A2F1.

I don't remember which phase specifically it checks, so you'll have to play with it.

Those type of events (desert items work this way too) require you to check what the current phase is (enemy/player) with IFAT 0x1 0x7A2F1.

I don't remember which phase specifically it checks, so you'll have to play with it.

I've tested it and it seems like it checks for the enemy phase. Thanks!

Hi there, I'm learning worldmap events, but i can't even make it appear in the first place in my prologue. I'm pretty sure it's again an obvious thing i forgot to write down but.. Can't find it.
Could you help me?

[spoiler=Template]

//Made by markyjoe1990 of Youtube
//Modified by Nintenlord
#define DISABLE_TUTORIALS
#include EAstdlib.event
#include MyDefinitions.txt
EventPointerTable(0x06,Pointers)
WorldMapPointerTable(0x01,WorldMapEvents)
ORG 0xD80000 // end at 0xD80539
Pointers:
POIN Turn_events
POIN Character_events
POIN Location_events
POIN Misc_events
POIN TrapData TrapData
POIN Bad Bad Bad Bad
POIN Good Good Good Good
POIN Opening_event Ending_event
POIN WorldMapEvents
Opening_event:
ENDA // Won't put th whole thing to make it more readable. The whole chapter is working fine aside of worldmap's events not loading at all
MESSAGE Events end at offset currentOffset
WorldMapEvents:
ALIGN 4
StartWorldMap(FullWorldMap, 0, 0, 0x5C)
STAL 0x10
TEXTWM 0x0816
STAL 0x10
EndWorldMap
ENDA
MESSAGE World map events end at offset currentOffset
//The map for this chapter is at offset: DA0000
Edited by Solum

DAMN That's the nightmare thing i forgot. I knew I was being idiot again. Thank you Prime! <3 And merry christmas !

Yeah.. well it still doesn't work out. I've had that chapter using the right worldmap events.. The game keeps reading the opening event and just skips the world map. Nothing happens =/
I also checked the worldmap event references and EA repointed the prologue's WMevent correctly. So.. Idon't know.

Edited by Solum