FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

The suspend option in the map menu doesn't quit to the title currently, but it does save (as does doing any action, like in GBA FE). What's important is if the load suspend button on the title screen works, test that maybe? :M

Ah it does. I can leave my cursor exactly where I want it now!

It would be nice to be able to exit to the main menu.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I've been looking through this thread and this sounds like a good idea, a prequel to FE7 would be fun. I haven't actually played this yet, so if this has been fixed then ignore me. But ... looking at the screenshots on the first picture, why does Hassar have Kutolah patterns on his shirt? Unless I'm looking at it wrong, those aren't the same patterns Lyn has on her shirt.

Is it possible to provide a patch file version for us to use it with vba?

My computer kinda get lags when playing this...

Please reconsider making a patch.

Yeahno. He is making this in XNA, which is a game programming language/program thingy/whatever it exactly is for Steam.

When you want to be able to play it on VBA, you have to hack a ROM. That means yeti has to redo everything.

And not only that, it's not even possible becuase of all the extra features added in the XNA version (hell, even the FEXP version).

The main reason he decided to make it in RMXP is becuase you can do all kinds of shit you couldn't in ROMs, and becuase it's easier.

So yeah, not happening.

Yeahno. He is making this in XNA, which is a game programming language/program thingy/whatever it exactly is for Steam.

XNA is a game development library made by Microsoft to be the managed frapper around DirectX. It allows easier development to Windows PCs, gaming PCs like XBox 360 and Windows phone. It wasn't developed for Steam, if it were why would have MS developed Games for Windows - Live that directly competes with Steam? XNA is popular with Steam games because both are popular among indie developers as they both do their job of making and selling games easier very well.

Is it possible to provide a patch file version for us to use it with vba?

My computer kinda get lags when playing this...

Please reconsider making a patch.

It's not just you. Lots of people who tried it at the competition had horrible frame rates. More than just a few select cases--maybe the program hasn't been fully checked for optimizations? I'm guessing so, considering it's still a babby.

The most basic advice is make sure that all your drivers and frameworks are updated, whatever the program asks for, and to check and see if any unused programs are hogging your resources. Also if your computer is relatively old, its basic hardware could be having meh performance in general with these newer things.

It's not just you. Lots of people who tried it at the competition had horrible frame rates. More than just a few select cases--maybe the program hasn't been fully checked for optimizations? I'm guessing so, considering it's still a babby.

That was the old FEXP version. The XNA version runs significantly faster, although I squandered some of that fastness to add more effects like the lighting engine whoops. So now it is faster than it was before (much faster if you have a good graphics card, since it can leverage that now), but there's still work to do. Fortunately, even though I had optimized FEXP almost as much as possible and it still lagged, while in XNA I've done very few optimizations at all and it runs well. So when I get around to optimizing it should run amazingly.

Edited by BwdYeti

The screen size is different than the GBA.

If you'd be writing it from the ground up, I'm pretty sure screen size could be accomadated.

Anywaaaaay, I <3 this project. It's one of the reasons I got involved in game-making although hacking had an ultimate tutorial so I went for that instead. My computer is pretty fast, but even for it, the other one was a bit laggy. This one works perfectly, though xD

Is the nighttime scene for the chapter just supposed to be more night-like, or is it sort of a replacement for Fog of War? IMO it makes a nice middle ground. Like you said, Yeti, you can still lose units by accident, but it's still not as rage inducing as actual Fog of War although if you fuck up and forget to move your guy cause you forget the enemies are there you're even more rage Dx

XNA is a game development library made by Microsoft to be the managed frapper around DirectX. It allows easier development to Windows PCs, gaming PCs like XBox 360 and Windows phone. It wasn't developed for Steam, if it were why would have MS developed Games for Windows - Live that directly competes with Steam? XNA is popular with Steam games because both are popular among indie developers as they both do their job of making and selling games easier very well.

Mmkay, thanks for clearing that up.

And Jubby, screensize can't be altered for GBA games. How would you go play a GBA game on the GBA / VBA, when it's dimensions are twice as large?

And it's not a replacement for FoW. It's just when dark chapters don't have FoW (so they're not dark enough to be considered FoW chapters).

I mean, you can see all units on the map, so.

FoW chapters will have actual FoW.

EDIT: But a different kind of FoW as the GBA games (prolly the best comparison is FE9/10 FoW, but 2D).

Edited by Fawful

Nooooooo I meant if he were to remake it for GBA, from the ground up, (which is madness :O) then you could, ya know, squish stuff in to make it fit :P Like the GBA did.

And that's good :3 This actually makes a lot more sense than stupid normal FE nighttime ever did :P It's a really cool effect and it still occasionally lets you lose track of enemies, like if you were actually fighting at night and lose them in the darkness kinda thing. Hmmm I can't really recall any Fog of War from FE9/10 except the FE10 chapter where Lethe is attacking the Dawn Brigade, but I haven't played it in a while, I'll have to check it out. Ohyeah and the first one where you get the Black Knight.

Yeah FoW chapters were pretty rare in 10. In 9 it's only in chapter 5 and 14, but only in HM.

In 10 it was... 1-9 (BK chapter), 2-2 (the cave in Crimea), 3-P and 3-1 (taking over the forts with Ike), 3-6 (the other chapter you're talking about) and 4-1 (Ike's first chapter).

@Dimensions - Ah yeah, but that's terrible =W.

I'm not saying it'd be a good idea, just possible xD Oh, that must be why, don't think I ever got around to hard mode sad.gif And now that you say that, I know which ones you're talking about from RD :P

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question. Due to not owning a Windows computer, but a Mac(yes I know it's hard to run emus/anything that plays games on a Mac, I'll get to that), I have to play stuff on my PSP. Now here's where I get to my problem. The stuff I need to play this works on Windows computers but not Macs I believe. Since the programs needed to run this are made for Windows, will I be able to play stuff like this on my PSP by downloading the proper programs, and sending them to my PSP? I would gladly like to test this if no one knows the answer, since I honestly would love to play this, as it looks bloody amazing. If anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Unless Yeti rewrote a bunch of things, or you managed to get windows running on your PSP, it would be impossible to play on your PSP.

Yeti linked me this: http://monogame.code...m/documentation since I also use a mac.

IDK if it actually works since I've been too lazy to make it work, but maybe try that and Wine together.

Or something.

Okay. Thanks you two. I'm gonna try that link you posted Lumi. Also Seph, Hyde is indeed looking to be the best ever. 1 percent activation? That's almost as bad as the RNG shenanigans that happened to me earlier today. But that's unrelated.

You harr missing out on so much.

Dude Yeti posts screens every once in a while in Skype don't you think I know ; A;

I do have option of dual booting, at the expense of easily accessible internet, a working skype, and a browser that doesn't crash ever 10 seconds, and bluescreen

Maybe I should find a legit version of Windows XP

nah too much effort

Hm, I have about 3 hours to kill today, maybe I'll find a computer lab in school or something