FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

Just edit the code that checks keyboard input and add in game pad input like it's ridiculous how easy it is to do assuming it's not already done which I doubt since yeti is usually very thorough

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FEXNA does have controller support, and there's configuration for it on the main menu

so this happened

The next public demo won't be for a while though; we're shooting for finishing Uther's chapters from the first half of the game for NCFC 2014, early November.

FEXNA does have controller support, and there's configuration for it on the main menu

I this in the current release? Because I can't seem to get FE7x to recognize my controller.

It might be a Wine issue, but my gamepad works fine with things like VBA and Ys Oath/Origin, which I run via Wine.

Hopefully this project gets the attention it deserves in the long run. So good.

Speaking of wine, I Liked the map concept; A defense map where you need to protect your drunken Lord. I can see on Hard mode it would be pretty tough.

Question: How does Lunatic differ from Hard mode? Hopefully there aren't just stronger enemies, because that would just make the non-trainees even better. You'd probably end up with FE6 Marcus or Frederick solo syndrome. I'm guessing perhaps lower EXP gains, more enemies, better enemy AI?

Lenny the Lime is one beast of a thief. Actually seems like a legit combat class now.

Also love there being different enemy factions. Imagine a map where you're an army out of three. And the other two are legitimately full-out fighting eachother and you could intervene at will, while there are also bandits about. Would be really cool.

• 2 months later...

Awesome! I downloaded the new version... and I still have the same issue with the control scheme. I'm honestly at a loss as to what the problem is. I'm thinking it must be something on my laptop, because everything works fine until I actually select which button I want to change. It's almost as if the program stops recognizing my keyboard or something, because i can mash all/any of my keys and nothing happens. I'm running a 2010 Sony Vaio 64-bit, if that helps.

Did you guys ever get the control button error fixed?

So I finally figured out what was going on wrong with this by accident, so this will be fixed in the next release.

(The control changing code wanted the user to press one and only one key before it would try to set the control to that, but some laptops have keys 'pressed' all the time because laptops are weird (keys such as the well known Attn, Zoom, and OemAuto))

Screen93.png

Related

Screen94.png

Also on the map

Screen95.png

It turns into 360 controller buttons if you press something on a controller

(There will be an option to switch back to the DS/GBA buttons if you prefer those/find them more fitting for a Nintendo fangame, but let's be honest most PC controllers are 360 controllers)

so this happened

The next public demo won't be for a while though; we're shooting for finishing Uther's chapters from the first half of the game for NCFC 2014, early November.

Is it wrong that I nearly died of laughter when Uther's death crashed the game? That brings new meaning to the term "Game Over" XD

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, so I have a mac and an application called Wine that let's me run .exe files. For some reason, it won't work. Can someone help me? Thanks!

Do you have .Net 4 and the XNA framework installed?

Hey, so I have a mac and an application called Wine that let's me run .exe files. For some reason, it won't work. Can someone help me? Thanks!

In the very near future, possibly next release, 7x will have the ability to play on macs natively without Wine.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally figured out what was going on wrong with this by accident, so this will be fixed in the next release.

(The control changing code wanted the user to press one and only one key before it would try to set the control to that, but some laptops have keys 'pressed' all the time because laptops are weird (keys such as the well known Attn, Zoom, and OemAuto))

Screen93.png

Woohoo! Now I'll be able to play this when I finally get a new laptop!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been playing FE7x, and loving it. :D

Quality work. It really feels like part of an actual Fire Emblem game rather than the fangame it is. But you can tell how much of a labour of love its been. The quality of the mugs, writing, gameplay, balance and sprites, all shows through.

...I guess the only question is, all the teaser vids of new features for future releases are awesome, any chance we see another dosage of this awesomeness soon?

I read that issues with coding the thieves were delaying release, any progress on that or any news on prospective timelines for the next update?

Do I have to extract any files

The answer to this question is always yes. 100 and a half percent of the time. It's compressed to make its size smaller, but you need to extract files on your end to have them run properly.

Edited by deranger