FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

Just downloaded the demo, but before I try it out, I just have a question. Is there any way to resize the screen of the game? When I loaded it, it came up as small as the VBA screen, but there was no option to maximize it, nor could I grab the edges to make it larger. Using Windows 10, BTW.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh I spent like 20 turns on that chapter and it never went away.

Huh, I thought one of the dialogues changed his status, my bad there.

Also Uriel is a bit of a silly boss, he has good HP, decent defense, good stats all around and a KILLER LANCE. ._.

Just downloaded the demo, but before I try it out, I just have a question. Is there any way to resize the screen of the game? When I loaded it, it came up as small as the VBA screen, but there was no option to maximize it, nor could I grab the edges to make it larger. Using Windows 10, BTW.

Start the game, go into the options on the first menu, and adjust the zoom. I personally set it to "2". While you're there, you can also adjust the controls for a more convenient setup.

I feel like Hard Mode is a lot easier than it was in the last demo, probably because enemy stats are so low as SB mentioned, but I also think there's fewer enemies in general

also it seems Ch 7x and onward don't have hard mode available which sucks

Edited by Paperblade

I feel like Hard Mode is a lot easier than it was in the last demo, probably because enemy stats are so low as SB mentioned, but I also think there's fewer enemies in general

also it seems Ch 7x and onward don't have hard mode available which sucks

I only really feel that the Prologue is now notably easier on hard mode which is fine because before it was silly. You had to turtle and not really use Isa/Harken because limited vulneraries and crazy strong soldiers.

Other wise there are just fewer enemies. CH7 was fairly difficult and I imagine the hard mode versions following that are also challenging.

And then there's maniac mode later on...

But yeah I'm also quite disappointed in lack of hard modes for the later maps. CH11 feels fairly dull, possibly as a result (it's a bit unfocused/gimmicky, with NPCs doing most of everything for you, doesn't feel climatic at all). I'll go more in detail about that later. Although I almost don't want to judge it yet before hard mode is released for it. But as it stands, CH11 feels like a prelude to an immediate second more climatic battle, like the first of a 2-parter. Unless that is the case, but just not part of this release, or I'm missing something. Or judging too harshly. =L

Edited by DLuna

got to 7 and wiped because of uther getting doubled and almost orkoed by an elwind mage out of nowhere rip

[01:09:05] SB: oh i just realised that
classic wasnt no restart
rofl i'm good at this

I don't have any major issues with the balance itself (except maybe that mage but that's kind of my fault), but I feel like the number of horseslayer (or similar) enemies around is a little bit silly? I get that it's a counter to Eagler (which is why I assume you're putting him in) but almost all of your earlygame front liners will promote to having a horse aside from Uther and Harken, which makes them kind of annoying to play around because half the time I just had to run away from those guys when they showed up because my Uther wasn't healthy and I didn't have Harken. If Eagler is the problem, I'd just drop 2 points of his def or something and make things easier for Isadora/Marcus/Cybil.

Edited by SB.

People keep talking about playing, yet I see no more downloads. It is some sort of exclusive distribution, or did I miss something?

You did miss something. New Demo's on their forums. Link to that page is a page or two back, and in the OP.

Stoked to use my crazy strong Hassar again. Good things happen when I get distracted from this forum for a while.

Edited by deranger

Well, I've actually managed to play something now... and I think the RNG has already signalled its plans to me. Of the four or so levels my characters gained in the Prologue, two were one stat levels (naturally, that stat was "luck"), and Isadora got a totally empty one! This is going to be a long one...

On the plus side, S-ranking the prologue on my first go was a pleasant surprise. Granted, that was "classic, normal" as opposed to "classic, hard", but I'm looking for the story first, serious challenge later.

I like how houses grant a little Exp. now, an actual gameplay incentive to visit them (I would have anyway; I always seek out world building gunk).

I see Madelyn has gone and misplaced her horse somewhere...

You did miss something. New Demo's on their forums. Link to that page is a page or two back, and in the OP.

Maybe he got confused by the fact the OP hasn't actually been updated? It still says the most recent demo is the 4.0.0.0, August 2013.

Great game as always. Im on chapter 5 though and other than the starting side of the map being flipped Im not sure where the changes are, have I not progressed far enough to see them yet?

regarding chapter 7x and chapter 11; these need tweaking to get working right (meredith isn't supposed to attack everything, milo is supposed to prioritise his escape), your data is helping a lot

am I misreading or are people referring to ch11 as the final chapter? there should be a chapter 12

But yeah I'm also quite disappointed in lack of hard modes for the later maps. CH11 feels fairly dull, possibly as a result (it's a bit unfocused/gimmicky, with NPCs doing most of everything for you, doesn't feel climatic at all). I'll go more in detail about that later. Although I almost don't want to judge it yet before hard mode is released for it. But as it stands, CH11 feels like a prelude to an immediate second more climatic battle, like the first of a 2-parter. Unless that is the case, but just not part of this release, or I'm missing something. Or judging too harshly. =L

Oh

Oh wow this is a huge bug, the Pheraens are not supposed to pass the treeline on the east edge of the map. Meredith seems to be largely ignoring her AI mission, and is just tearing her way across the map instead of leaving like she's supposed to.

Also, there is a Ch12! From the sound of it maybe it's not unlocking? I'm double checking that now, while I fix Ch11.

Edited by BwdYeti

Wow just played chapter 7. It was a difficult one, but it was okay. The only annoying thing is..that's nearly impossible to save every Bart's sons. One always die before the end, suiciding himself to Zweihander. I'm sure I could save him, but that would be annoying to do.(also, the crossbowman..yeah, they're doing a lot of damage, it would be easier if the Crossbowman unit and Zweihander weren't together, or if Bart's sons weren't so dumb ^^ But I'm sure this difficulty is there because some chapters are missing, because if they were there, my units would be stronger to protect everyone. :))

I suppose the Chapter 7x is unlocked if every sons are alive? ^^

Edited by Metakirby

Oh... really? There IS a map after CH11? That makes so much sense! I thought it ended really abruptly.

You basically have a scene with the main cast going "We won!" "I don't think we've won yet...!"

...And then you get taken to trial map 1 as if it ended. =p

And yeah Meredith and Issac destroyed almost 1/4 of the map, the rest of the NPCs about half of what's remaining from that.

CH11 feels like you're on clean up duty with no other (meaningful/challenging) bonus objectives. There's not much feeling of involvement and no sense of urgency. You just kill a few dudes and then Richard at the end.

And when I thought the game/part actually ended after that it felt extremely anti-climatic.

But if CH11 is not the final map then I feel a lot better about it regardless. With tweaks to the NPCs and a perhaps an extra added bonus objective or complexity to the map (even if it's just a sub-boss added that moves after X turns). In fact, I think a dangerous sub-boss like what some of the other maps could make things more interesting.

It's why I love CH6 so much. It has a sub-boss, a need to balance defense/offense in order to both protect the line and working towards killing the boss. And also the southern Ballista to kill for using the arena. There are 3 or 4 things you actually have to work towards. While CH11 is a) Kill some enemies as you make your way up. b) Kill boss.

Edited by DLuna

And..Here I am at Chapter 11. I'm taking a break of this game for now since I'm playing since the morning x)

So, this is difficult to save Bart. I was thinking he could be a playable character but no, he gave a beautiful item. Sadly, he keeps dying after this. I really wonder what's the reward of saving his sons, and him?

Except that, this map is great. Very difficult for me since I wanted to save Bart, but I managed to save every units. Isaac & co are killing every enemies on their way, like everyone said. And all Npc are dying since they're missing almost every attack they're doing.

Well, that's it ^^

Edited by Metakirby

Oh... really? There IS a map after CH11? That makes so much sense! I thought it ended really abruptly.

Yeah it turns out I didn't playtest classic mode thoroughly/at all, so it has some bugs. Ch12 actually would have become available for you after beating Tr1 and Tr2, lol

And yeah Meredith and Issac destroyed almost 1/4 of the map, the rest of the NPCs about half of what's remaining from that.

uxwxiQE.png

They're only supposed to fight exactly these units (and that fighter just off the bottom), and then exit the map. This means they also wouldn't kill some of the units that are going after the west blob of NPCs, making those NPCs less effective.

And the Pheraens did correctly kill only a small group and leave until I changed the pathfinding system slightly to make events look better, which made Meredith think the escape point was further away than it was and that half the enemies on the map were blocking her from getting to it :T

Anyway, just uploaded v0.5.0.2, fixing those issues as well as some others, and adding more support convos. If you played Ch11 at all already, you should replay it to get the real experience!

Edited by BwdYeti

So, I have Edit- 0.5.0.1, how do I use the next version without starting over? As to the actual game, I'm really enjoying what's there so far. Just finished Ch. 5 and got the Magus Band and have a question about it. It says that it raises Res growth and that it's inactive during training. Just how much does it raise it and does it not apply to the trainee classes?

Edit 2- Thank You Blue Druid.

Edited by CorruptDruid

I just ported over the new version to my MacBook and started getting it to work, the game launches but has a handful of weird glitches I have to fix first, but I think we'll definitely have a Mac version for FEE3 at the latest.

Just finished Ch. 5 and got the Magus Band and have a question about it. It says that it raises Res growth and that it's inactive during training. Just how much does it raise it and does it not apply to the trainee classes?

That means it doesn't work in the arena, or during the training sessions at base; only against normal enemy units. Also it's a 10% boost. Nothing huge, but bands do stack. Edited by BwdYeti