FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

A lot of enemies end up having a few percent of crit, so being able to plop a unit that can always counter and calculate whether or not they'll die with some certainty is nice. I like that heavy magicians fill a specific niche formerly only filled by javalin or handaxe wielding units. I like that 7x, more than any FE game I've played, gives units niches. Being rewarded for not just juggernauting is nice.

Ummm... Like every other mage in the series... with better movement?

I mean, skills aside, Magnus is fairly balanced. I think with the units themselves being balanced around 4 movement, that's fine. Magnus is like a magical armor. He could do with having far less resistance in return for a bit higher other stats. Aside from that, yeah sure. You do need to rescue-drop him on the later maps, but it can usually be worth it.

Eiry doesn't justify 4 movement though. At least as far as the demo goes.

It's more to do with map design I think. The maps past chapter 7 are really terrible for 4 movement units. Eiry might be good if that was different. And Magnus I think is still let down by these maps.

CH7x: Racing a boss. Gotta go fast to get that rank too.

CH9: Literally on a timer to traverse a big map.

CH11: Another big map.

CH12: Errr... see above? The first half also penalises them even harder by giving them 1 less movement when move is already limited here.

Edited by DLuna

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm... Like every other mage in the series... with better movement?

Better movement and less durability.

Rescue dropping is definitely necessary if you want them to play a central role, but eiry managed to play general, hard hitting support as well as lance eater for me, even in the later chapters. I'm not saying they're great units, I'm just saying they have their uses.

Better movement and less durability.

Only in the case of Magnus.

Eiry hits as hard as Magnus without the durability. And probably won't double anything ever in hard/maniac. And if anything, Toni has more offence with 1 more move. The 1-range is rarely a factor, unlike Magnus who can tank quite a bit.

Magic isn't incredibly valuable either since there are so many effective weapons to deal with high defense enemies.

Magnus is mostly fine, and the +10 dodge is okay, I guess. But the skill is useless for Eiry. She has good luck already and isn't exactly front line material. A unique skill (for Sorcerer/Wizard) that's really useful would be a nice way to improve her.

She feels like one of those units that isn't underpowered but just impractical (Like Tellius mages, outside of a couple exceptions). Her balance isn't technically bad -- she just doesn't seem to work out in context to the game. At least past CH7. You shouldn't need to rescue-drop your mage. Now a tank-mage? Okay, sure.

And then there is Hyde who I actually think is a bit overpowered. Even by being held back by -1 move (Well, promoting him kinda solves that). So it's not like they can't be strong.

Edited by DLuna

My eiry was quite a front liner but I think she had a little more def than she was supposed to, and she had enough spd to double (ESP with the cavalry band.) Of course, I don't know what her average stats are. Keep in mind that being able to promote to a healer and provide extra training is a factor. Id think she should net a little more spd and skill if you wanted to buff her. I think those growths are pretty low. Make her the offensive to magnus''s defensive, since you don't get any lithe mages in uther's. Plus, immobile glass canon seems to fit her.

My eiry was quite a front liner but I think she had a little more def than she was supposed to, and she had enough spd to double (ESP with the cavalry band.) Of course, I don't know what her average stats are. Keep in mind that being able to promote to a healer and provide extra training is a factor. Id think she should net a little more spd and skill if you wanted to buff her. I think those growths are pretty low. Make her the offensive to magnus''s defensive, since you don't get any lithe mages in uther's. Plus, immobile glass canon seems to fit her.

Assuming you don't give favouritism to her, she'll likely be around 10/7 by CH12. That's about 2.5 levels per map.

Judging by her supposed averages I don't really think she's doubling (or taking hits well), and giving her resources like the band can help, but the same can be said for any other unit. I don't doubt she can probably make some of the best use of it on some enemies. But this is normal mode, chances are on hard/maniac she won't ever be doubling.

In terms of stats, I would significantly reduce her resistance (and skill/luck) but increase her speed and defense.

Another stat direction could be better speed and magic, but worse skill and luck. The glass cannon route could work too. I think her issue is that her stat line is unambitious. There isn't really anything that stands out.

Edited by DLuna

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia7mNuAtQL0&index=15&list=PLcU-h8ycX_j9adDRBXeR7ehdRWnsY3mQQ

Part 2

Part 3

snakeman continued his playthrough of FE7x for FEE3 this year, playing the upcoming version, so go check that out, as well as all the other FEE3 showings. You can also catch up with the earlier parts of the playthrough, if you missed them the first time around.

Also look forward to the next release in the near future, with fixes and content added to the current chapters (and maybe a new character hmmmm? perhaps a new character could even show up in the videos above???)

Yaaay I wish I could watch this but I want to wait and play the whole thing through at once like normal and I swear I'm not just posting because I'm tired of not having a star next to this topic which makes it somewhat harder to track

Yaaay I wish I could watch this but I want to wait and play the whole thing through at once like normal and I swear I'm not just posting because I'm tired of not having a star next to this topic which makes it somewhat harder to track

(you can just hit 'follow this topic' at the top of this page)

Just donated, you better keep that damn real name to yourself.

It's Nickt or nothing.

We've got a spot reserved in the credits for you hun <3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm trying this out, it's awesome so far, but I have to say I'm disappointed you didn't go with the sacred stones sword animation for generals. I friggin' love that, I don't think there's any need for the chain thing.

...Though It's really interesting that apparently the general can shoot its weapons with that chain.

(I haven't actually gotten a general yet, I just saw the picture)

Also, are there supports in this? I'm keeping Harken and Isadora side by side for obvious reasons with that expectation, just wanna know if I'm wasting my time.

Nevermind, got one.

Also, why do some stats glow green or red on the stat screens?

Edited by Alastor15243

Hey, I'm trying this out, it's awesome so far, but I have to say I'm disappointed you didn't go with the sacred stones sword animation for generals. I friggin' love that, I don't think there's any need for the chain thing.

...Though It's really interesting that apparently the general can shoot its weapons with that chain.

Also, why do some stats glow green or red on the stat screens?

Green stats are above their averages, red ones are below.

Generals get 1-2 range with -20 hit on any sword or lance. And every sword thrower knows you need a chain to get that shit back.

Green stats are above their averages, red ones are below.

Generals get 1-2 range with -20 hit on any sword or lance. And every sword thrower knows you need a chain to get that shit back.

Above the averages for the class or just in general? Either way that's very nice to know, especially since there's no wiki with growth rates (or at least I don't think there is).

Also, please tell me that in straight-up melee they use the sacred stones sword animation. I LOVE that one.

Above the averages for the class or just in general? Either way that's very nice to know, especially since there's no wiki with growth rates (or at least I don't think there is).

Also, please tell me that in straight-up melee they use the sacred stones sword animation. I LOVE that one.

Nope, lol

TBH I was quite disappointed as well

Okay, update, I AM LOVING THIS.

You did an amazing job integrating the best of the Tellius series into this. I love the dialogue, the characters, the new features, it's a ton of fun.

I have one gripe however: Starting out with a bunch of trainees is interesting, but is there any reason they have to be so slow in this version? I know they were slow in sacred stones, but honestly I don't think there's any good reason why you can't give them one more move, because it makes navigating the map when there's no current threat and backtracking a total slog whenever it happens in the very early game.

Oh, and I found a bug: The bundle of rope impassable tile in chapter 7 is labeled as "Gunnel", which is part of the upper edge of the side of a ship. I'm assuming that's because that's what the rope was originally part of, one of the ship levels, but it's really odd when not used in a ship level. Also, parts of the open air wooden floor tiles in that level are called "Deck", I'm assuming for similar reasons.

Oh, and the description of Focus is misleading. It counts forest as 2 tiles, so it should say something like "when expending one movement point or less".

Edited by Alastor15243

The colour describes the stat compared to its average, no the growth rate. You'll notice they change. Sorry if that was unclear. (They'll likely be quite red if you promote before lvl 20, since the average stats they're compared to for t2 is based on promoting at lvl 20.)

Seeing people discovering this is usually pretty cool.

Also, obligatory voice of dissent about making the general's sword animation inconsistent.

Another bug report, well, more of a player-creatable narrative inconsistency. Uther can still support with people while he's drunk out of his mind in chapter 7. You might want to add "support" to the list of things somebody with the drunk status effect can't do.

Edit: sorry for the double-post, I forgot I replied to ryu.

Edited by Alastor15243

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to downloading this to a friend's mac and I gotta say it's fantastic. I'm only on chapter 6 (the border chapter) and I have no complaints. The stats shader is really convenient in allowing me to see who is getting screwed and drop them. The text is very well written and I have found myself laughing several times. Eiry is hands down my favorite character. Can't wait to see supports

• 1 month later...

Yes, definitely a Tuesday.

Myke went crazy!
Intermissions!
FEXNA is mentioned!

Wow it's all so very exciting, I didn't even stop to write a script!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, definitely a Tuesday.

Myke went crazy!

Intermissions!

FEXNA is mentioned!

Wow it's all so very exciting, I didn't even stop to write a script!!!

I can't decide if I want to pay attention to the text or to you. Actually, I have no idea what's going on in this video, regarding the text.