• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

http://forums.bwdyeti.com/index.php?showtopic=544

A progress report!

we might actually have a new release this century

2m9xF.png

Dead space around the map allows you to center the action when you're in a corner or on an edge, and the grid obviously makes it easier to judge distance and unit placement at a glance. Did you find this obtrusive in other titles? Is it a welcome change?

Please share your thoughts, and see if you can convince your friends to do the same. These features will be optional even if they are implemented, and keep in mind that the maps would be expanded to accomodate the changes, so don't worry about whether you'll be losing team Isaac :]

What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by BwdYeti

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely despise dead space in a gba game tileset, pointless to the x1,000,000th factor. It's a 16x16 tileset, the tiles are pretty self evident as well as map borders. I do think optional map grids are cool but dead space is pointless.

I never much cared for the grids. Just another option to me to toggle off at the start and never pay attention to. Everything else is solid, though.

Edited by Arch

Fixed a couple glitches mentioned on the FE7x board. If you started playing already you can download the new version and load your suspend, the save file is compatible and saves are stored in your documents

Oh boy I'll download this right away, but I won't have the time I need to devote to it until the weekend. Alas...

Hey did you ever figure out the deal with the start menu options list? I remember there was a problem trying to change the input configuration, but maybe that's all in the past now :D

immortalswordhatesme.png

So this is why there are map saves now? lol

Randomly dumped me at a crash near the end of TR2 when the enemy phase began. Suspend here, if it helps: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/52809406/suspend.sav

btw, my compliments guys, it finally doesn't lag on my system and I can actually enjoy this :o (edit: if it would STOP CRASHING, that's twice in 30 minutes)

Edited by Rambo M

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe a silly question, but is Eliza going to be quite that crummy in that map in the full game? The only safe use I was able to get out of her was assassinating calvary and a few armors with the Pike, having her attack anything else was dicey.

Edited by Rambo M

Depends on your play style, really? She has a strong early-game due to full vantage, so if you capitalise on that she should be on more-or-less equal footing with most of her team up to the point where she joins forces with Tristan and Uther.

Maybe a silly question, but is Eliza going to be quite that crummy in that map in the full game? The only safe use I was able to get out of her was assassinating calvary and a few armors with the Pike, having her attack anything else was dicey.

You're talking about Trial Map 3, right? I'm not sure if you realised but stats are randomised for each playthrough so you might have just ended up with a bad Eliza. Also, that map won't exist in the final version anyhow, I think.

whyelizawhy.png

Lulz?

(She had the silver lance at one point but it was being put to better use elsewhere)

Also, that map won't exist in the final version anyhow, I think.

That's a relief. I probably brought half of the frustration on myself but TR3 was grueling. I did like the boss and his locked off panic room, at least until the goddamn 70 HP berserkers came up the steps to rape me.

I know attack skills can be triggered when you fill their gauges, but what's the criteria for filling them and why does it still list a trigger %?

Edited by Rambo M