FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

I noticed that the zoom-in-to-battle effect is pretty buggy (it seemed to zoom in at random spots rather than to the ally/enemy battling)

The battle zoom in has been working for me, I'm not sure what could be going wrong

Oh, it seems after a unit promotes through combat it always zooms in on that unit from then on

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I just noticed: In the class roll, it says that Heroes can use every weapon type. Is that for real?

Also, the roll lists Mage Knights even though they're not on the site unit list.

Also, the roll lists Mage Knights even though they're not on the site unit list.

Assassins and some class called Champions should also make an appearance at some point in the game. Both of which also have no t0 or t1 counterpart.

Edited by deranger

It's a skill, IIRC, but bows/lances only go up to B rank?

I think Sages get something similar with light/dark magic as well.

...Unless I am remembering that from something else...

Right. Veteran gives heroes complete control of the weapon triangle and the ability to abuse bows' 2-range bonus/flier effectiveness, but they can't get bows or lances higher than B-rank*.

Sages get the same deal with staves* and elder magic, and they already have split anima ranks to worry about. You don't hear them complaining.

Also, of course I don't have a script to go through so simply from the video, minor thing. "By the Sky, Uther."

This is odd to come from Elberts mouth, since he isn't Sacaean and the whole Earth/Sky thing is theirs. On top of that they have a church, it's monotheistic, so "By the Gods" wouldn't work either, singular deity. "By Elimine/For Elimine's sake" may work, since she is a saint. Although it would be the equivalent of going "By Peter" when you actually think about it. "By God" is the only way to go if you want to keep the line the same, if you have problems with references to a deity in speech for... whatever reason, not sure why considering that actual FEs don't mind talking about Gods and Goddesses with the noun "God/Goddess" Then I would suggest altering the line entirely. "For pities sake, Uther." for example.

The Eliminian faith was founded in Etruria and crept into Lycia and Bern with time. Sayings like this one are remnants from the early days, when pagan beliefs held: in more rural areas, like those surrounding Pherae, they still do.

"and et cetera" is redundant, since et cetera already means "and other things".

This one I have no excuse for x:

Isadora turned out alright before the buff patch and i overused her because of her animation. .Speaking of Isadora and dodge tanks, do we get an adorable female who has over the top STR and DEF and HP and garbage speed and res?

depends on your definition of adorable

depends on your definition of adorable

My guess is there's a female Zweihander (Not sure if mentioned)?

As for Heroes/Sages -- I'm worried that starting E rank on everything won't really make it that credible. But I'm guessing it's just a novelty/fun skill at best.

Limits on ranks are fine I presume, but chances are if you're using a unit so much as to level a weapon rank from scratch -- a limit isn't that necessary. If you've actually taken the time to spam bronze bows on Harken for w/e reason, maxing at B might be a bit of a downer.

I think it's quite cool/interesting that those classes can have every type (it isn't really a power factor -- just a fun idea). I hope it doesn't have many limitations though (aside from maybe staffs on Sages).

And omg how many different varying convo's (based on who's died) are there!?

I guess it's the only way to make it so non-main characters can actually talk in the main story -- it must take a lot of work, but it really is awesome. Wish IS did this more.

Also I wonder if Isadora has a different convo with Marcus if she promotes before him. Anyone found this out yet?

EDIT: Just thought I'd mention, if someone dies, the map theme will remain to be 'Within Sadness' until the end of the player/enemy phase. It's a bit strange. I'm guessing it should be ending after the character death quote (then resuming the prior music).

Edited by DLuna

Limits on ranks are fine I presume, but chances are if you're using a unit so much as to level a weapon rank from scratch -- a limit isn't that necessary. If you've actually taken the time to spam bronze bows on Harken for w/e reason, maxing at B might be a bit of a downer.

EDIT: Just thought I'd mention, if someone dies, the map theme will remain to be 'Within Sadness' until the end of the player/enemy phase. It's a bit strange. I'm guessing it should be ending after the character death quote (then resuming the prior music).

Iron and Slim only require E, else training Cybil would've been much less fun.

Haven't actually heard this cause I play normal mode like no other, but I think keeping the damper until the end of the phase might be kinda cool. I know It takes me multiple turns to somewhat emotionally recover from a character dying/being maimed, so..

Edited by deranger

Iron and Slim only require E, else training Cybil would've been much less fun.

Haven't actually heard this cause I play normal mode like no other, but I think keeping the damper until the end of the phase might be kinda cool. I know It takes me multiple turns to somewhat emotionally recover from a character dying/being maimed, so..

Oh yeah, of course -- my mistake (this isn't FE10).

Still, I do feel that new weapon ranks in T2 should be at least D (except staffs, since they offer an entirely new niche that other weapons can't replace). Steels can't even be used until C. You may be able to justify limits to B rank at that stage since it won't take as much effort to get there. Although I don't necessarily think it's needed -- A rank for every limit would be fine. It's not like a Hero/Sage is going to be able to max out more than one secondary weapon in reality. And even if they did, it's not like it makes them broken. Especially for magic since WTA doesn't mean too much for it (I'm unaware if that's got changed though). The best benefit is in regards to availability of certain weapons, but those need to be shared among your army anyway.

It could interesting though if weapon ranks increased based off the level of the enemy you're attacking or something (such as X total enemy level = +X% of base w.exp received -- so attacking a level 20/10 enemy is +30% weapon EXP). That could help level low ranks later in the game, at least a little.

This only affects like 2 or 3 player units (Harken being one of them) so I doubt it matters too much, I guess. Possible E ranks for other T2 classes aside, of course.

My guess is there's a female Zweihander (Not sure if mentioned)?

I don't think it's explicitely mentionned anywhere, but if you look around, you can find enough hints to connect the dots.

On the site, the Zweihander description indeed mentions a "mistress of war". Looking around the sprite boards, you can find a mug with a matching palette and build, on the line of FE7x characters in a certain topic. And if you browse Myke's Deviantart in detail, you can actually find a few sketches of her, and discover her name is Celeste. :P

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can find most of the playable characters already sketched on his dA and get a glimpse of their personality or story.

But yeah, she's a Zweihander, so her stats are pretty much opposite to Isadora's. Except Skl. Zweihanders have really nice Skl.

Still, I do feel that new weapon ranks in T2 should be at least D (except staffs, since they offer an entirely new niche that other weapons can't replace). Steels can't even be used until C. You may be able to justify limits to B rank at that stage since it won't take as much effort to get there. Although I don't necessarily think it's needed -- A rank for every limit would be fine. It's not like a Hero/Sage is going to be able to max out more than one secondary weapon in reality. And even if they did, it's not like it makes them broken. Especially for magic since WTA doesn't mean too much for it (I'm unaware if that's got changed though). The best benefit is in regards to availability of certain weapons, but those need to be shared among your army anyway.

This only affects like 2 or 3 player units (Harken being one of them) so I doubt it matters too much, I guess. Possible E ranks for other T2 classes aside, of course.

I think them starting at E makes some sense, as they aren't fully new weapon additions. Though D just makes it so they need to do a little more training to get them up, and only gives them access to iron blads/greatlances/poleaxes?/archs, which aren't great, so yeah, really not important.

In my testing with the GBA games this actually happens during enemy phase, but I don't remember it happening during player phase so I need to fix that part/recheck

and only gives them access to iron blads/greatlances/poleaxes?/archs, which aren't great, so yeah, really not important.

and slayers

In my testing with the GBA games this actually happens during enemy phase, but I don't remember it happening during player phase so I need to fix that part/recheck

It happens on the player phase too, yeah. I *think* it may reset itself after a combat sequence, but I'm not sure on that either.

Slightly related, is combat music perhaps going to become like FE10 (where the music resumes on each sequence rather than restarting)? I really liked that feature -- it works really well for longer tracks. Especially for boss themes that have a build up.

Also, about Magnus' description: "A wily ex-criminal who discovered his magical talent late in life"

Page (class) description: "After much study, this youth gained power over elements"

I assume Magnus is the only Page in the game, so I just thought that was a bit odd.

it's a generic description implying that there are hundreds of pages and they are normally young - like abelia's social knight description getting her gender wrong since the vast majority of social knights are dudes

That's Myke, silly.

Also Magnus obviously has developmental issues. Manchild syndrome?!

Edited by Agro

amazing

The existing ranking pars are something of a placeholder - estimates of where the numbers should sit based on our alpha runs. For the final version, we'd rather have something more precise: this is where you come in. With more data on the scores players are achieving, we can set the bars somewhere more appropriate.

Obviously, we can't expect you to have recorded your scores without being told to beforehand, and you can't retrieve the data - but we can. Either email MyDocs/SavedGames/FE7x/1.sav to mail@bwdyeti.com or upload it to a hosting service and shoot us the link, and we'll do the rest. We would prefer that you have completed Chapter 6 first.
Edited by The Other Merc