FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

I literally just started a bunch of files/copied my file to test if the feature was working :Y

Oh, no I meant potential restarts. Checkpoints at every chapter, not incompatibility. (Keeping 11 str hassar and 6 str marcus is cool. Have yet to see that bastard proc strength.)

Edited by deranger

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screen78.pngScreen79.png

Screen80.pngScreen81.png

too tired from working on this nonstop tl;dr go try it out

Also MageKnight404 will be streaming FE7x and Dream of Five very soon today on the NCFC livestream, if you want to check that out

Weapons have +2 mgt as well. Basically nothing changes except for units with low power, who are less likely to do ~3 or less damage (swordmasters are very happy to hit for 3 instead of 1, even if their opponent gets a little more hp)

Not particularly. Just thought I'd actually get some work out of the 80 cap.

:newyears:

Hello,

I can't access your site to download this game and I've not seen anyone else who has been having this problem.

Anyway, my internet provider blocks your forums, go try it out, so I cannot download your game. Which is sad!

Can't access the forums at all.

What I'd like to know is if there is another way I can obtain this game. Would be great.

Thanks!

I see, never heard of Tor.

Seems to be working, thanks.

Others might have this issue, maybe something to think about.

Doesn't really seem like too big of a deal, just slightly annoying having to work around it. Focusing on the game is more important.

Edited by Turtlesoup

New features whooo

This is basically FE7x's BExp type system, you can have your units fight each other to get some exp, wexp, and support points, while your healers fix them up after the fight. You get only three fights or heals per unit, so you'll have to choose wisely who you want to focus on

That's a really interesting mechanic. I really like it.

Only slight criticism is the EXP gain. Your weakest units would surely struggle to gain much EXP (which is whom you would most likely want to train). That might also lead to constant resets so your weaker units can win. Or it might end up making the support point bonus redundant because you need to choose very specific or undesirable training partners to optimize EXP.

So maybe that can be tweaked a bit (perhaps both gain ~20 EXP? Or tweak the EXP formula for these fights to be a bit more generous to the loser?). However to make sure the 'winner' has any meaning -- perhaps award them a small bonus if they win all three of their battles.

I mean, Magnus would probably struggle to kill anyone from the start unless you have an underused trainee, or keep restarting. But not I'm sure if the player should be expected/forced to keep some of the trainees 'fodder' just for training purposes.

But call me nit-picky. It's genuinely a great feature! A feature that might be to early too comment on since it might still be really unfinished =S Probably!

You're forgetting weapon triangle and RES deficiency though, bro. If Magnus is difficult to train, you can try out other units till you find one he can beat. Really, it can't be that hard :P

That's really what I meant. You'd have to purposely neglect another trainee for him to have a fair shot, or keep resetting. "It's okay because you can do that" is what you're saying. =L

Magnus beats X unit (apparently Harken). But then who can X beat? What if you want to use X? Isn't the entire system meant to help units like X get up to par? It's cool that Magnus gets good EXP against them, but if X is that bad then wouldn't you want them to gain good EXP? So do you bench X because of that? So are they now just training fodder? If they're training fodder then are the support/WEXP bonuses wasted too? Should that mean you should use them then so those aren't wasted? hoeghfwpeg loophole

This doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing or really a big deal. It's just a small nuance that I can see being a potential flaw. That's all really. =P

Ideally your two weakest units will be a 50/50 matchup or something. But well.. probably not. It might end up coming down to using 'fodder/benched' unit for training purposes which... I'm not a fan of.

Again, it might a minor flaw in an otherwise a fantastic system. So don't take it too seriously. It might just be me looking into things too much. But it helps pointing out nonetheless.

And if that's not viable, you can always suicide against Eagler for 22 ~'3'~

I guess that's an option. Heh.

Edited by DLuna

New features whooo

This is basically FE7x's BExp type system, you can have your units fight each other to get some exp, wexp, and support points, while your healers fix them up after the fight. You get only three fights or heals per unit, so you'll have to choose wisely who you want to focus on

This is so yes.

Magnus beats X unit (apparently Harken). But then who can X beat? What if you want to use X? Isn't the entire system meant to help units like X get up to par? It's cool that Magnus gets good EXP against them, but if X is that bad then wouldn't you want them to gain good EXP? So do you bench X because of that? So are they now just training fodder? If they're training fodder then are the support/WEXP bonuses wasted too? Should that mean you should use them then so those aren't wasted? hoeghfwpeg loophole

This doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing or really a big deal. It's just a small nuance that I can see being a potential flaw. That's all really. =P

Ideally your two weakest units will be a 50/50 matchup or something. But well.. probably not. It might end up coming down to using 'fodder/benched' unit for training purposes which... I'm not a fan of.

Again, it might a minor flaw in an otherwise a fantastic system. So don't take it too seriously. It might just be me looking into things too much. But it helps pointing out nonetheless.

I guess that's an option. Heh.

Harken can probably kick Eiry's Ass. Klok's whole point is that you can make X, whoever X is, the winner even if they're weaker generally by manipulating each character's strengths and weaknesses (and the weapon triangle. Mostly the weapon triangle).

Yeah for example, any melee weapon user can fight a horseman and equip a Zanbato to deal extra damage while you give the horseman a slim lance or even an Axereaver. If you're using a mage, give the other guy some heavy inaccurate thing and bam mage hits res and wins. It's easy, IMO.

1) yes, though only half what they would get for the amount of attacks they do (send a low damage unit against an armor with poor hit am I right)

2) it uses whichever type their equipped weapon is; if they have nothing equipped it just uses the first type they have in order (sword lance axe bow etc)

• 1 month later...

dear god i want this game like now

so far all i can find is like the 1st 2 chapters on the main site and i dont want to play 2 chapters then get addicted and not have anymore to satiate my needs!

bwdyeti is there a bigger demo being released soon or is the main game coming out soonish ^-^ <- excited face

• 2 weeks later...

Well that escalated quickly :D

This sounds amazing, but it would take so long to finish... ;_;

Top class april fool's joke guys, you got me -_-

Edited by Haku

Well that escalated quickly :D

This sounds amazing, but it would take so long to finish... ;_;

Top class april fool's joke guys, you got me -_-

Spoiler that shit yo

Edited by deranger