FE7x: Immortal Sword - Part One Complete

BwdYeti

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, because of his sacrifice ability. Can't complain that you get an extra healer though.

Who only gets one use if you choose to use him as such. He's better as 3levelups worth of fodder.

I finished the game once again and I can say that this is very awesome! I did 7x this time so it gave me a better experience of the game. Harken is my best character with Eiry (and others too) ; I think she is my favorite character (excepting for her few empty stats level), had a few laughs when reading haha! It was one of my best Fire Emblem experience; I'm following this game since a lot of time (2010 I think!) so obviously I was really happy to play it!

But now I wonder if my save will be usable after some updates? I guess not, but curiosity. (maybe because all of my characters are perfect now haha)

I look forward to futur updates. :)

Edited by Metakirby

I'm at Chapter 7 Hard Mode right now.

Is it me, or are chapter 2 and 6 slightly harder while chapter 5 has been made easier? I had way less trouble for chapter 5, way more for 2 and a little bit more for 6.

And hello Fargus. I just lol'd at "A - The Sea".

EDIT : One bug. Eagler can't be used more than once in the Training Ground, while it says he can be used thrice.

(Also, I'm sad my Isadora is highly speed screwed, 9 speed at lv7 -Gendarme- hurts)

Edited by Nintales

I'm at Chapter 7 Hard Mode right now.

Is it me, or are chapter 2 and 6 slightly harder while chapter 5 has been made easier? I had way less trouble for chapter 5, way more for 2 and a little bit more for 6.

And hello Fargus. I just lol'd at "A - The Sea".

EDIT : One bug. Eagler can't be used more than once in the Training Ground, while it says he can be used thrice.

(Also, I'm sad my Isadora is highly speed screwed, 9 speed at lv7 -Gendarme- hurts)

As some people said to me before, Eagler can be used as a healer once because he have the sacrifice skill. And I didn't have any trouble except chapter 7 so I can't speak on this one ^^

(Oh I'm not the only one who laughed with Fargus affinity with the sea haha)

Edited by Metakirby

Oh gosh.

Chapter 7x is terrific on the level of difficulty.

I'm at my third reset. And it's always half-way through the chapter. (I was almost at the end...)

Silly Archer doubling Madelyn due to 16 speed on his Short Bow. I forgot about that! =(

The boss can be easily trivialized thanks to Isadora and Eagler/Marcus, but damn the chapter is hard.

Between the mages that hit you super hard, the Fighters that need at least three units to be killed, the Archers that are really fast and bulky, and your units that don't have really high stats (my non-Uther units can't survive more than 3 hits, while some can't even survive two), this hurts. If Fates' Lunatic are as hard as that, this is gonna be fun.

I'm actually reconsidering my squad right now since I find Eiry and Magnus always lagging behind in this chapter. Maybe I should replace Magnus by Hassar. This chapter is insanely challenging, especially on Hard/Classic.

EDIT : Okay, completed it.

Feedback on Chapter 7x Hard : The thieves are impossible to catch. At least for my part. My squad was Leonard (and I regret deploying him, he only got the Recover), Magnus, Tony, Eiry, Uther, Marcus, Isadora, Eagler and Harken.

The issue is pretty much that the units are so bulky that you need at least three characters to kill one. This makes the thieves almost impossible to catch as they go too fast. Imo the design is pretty good. The chapter offers a really hard challenge. Though it would be better if the thieves were to spawn one turn later for each. That would make them easier to deal with.

Other than that, the chapter deals its job of being Hard. It's pretty much one of the hardest chapters I've ever faced in a Fire Emblem. Well done, Yeti. (I haven't gotten my hands on Fates yet)

I really like the fact that every chapter aside from the prologue who is quite easy provide a really good challenge.

And you should probably change the combat requirement for this chapter. It's probably impossible to get an S since you're taking more than 2/3 rounds per unit.

EDIT 2 :

As some people said to me before, Eagler can be used as a healer once because he have the sacrifice skill. And I didn't have any trouble except chapter 7 so I can't speak on this one ^^

(Oh I'm not the only one who laughed with Fargus affinity with the sea haha)

Nah, the issue is that it requires his whole bar for him to heal, while for Augustus and Madelyn it only requires one bar.

Checked this. After one fight on the training ground he cannot heal.

Edited by Nintales

Oh gosh.

Chapter 7x is terrific on the level of difficulty.

I'm at my third reset. And it's always half-way through the chapter. (I was almost at the end...)

Silly Archer doubling Madelyn due to 16 speed on his Short Bow. I forgot about that! =(

The boss can be easily trivialized thanks to Isadora and Eagler/Marcus, but damn the chapter is hard.

Between the mages that hit you super hard, the Fighters that need at least three units to be killed, the Archers that are really fast and bulky, and your units that don't have really high stats (my non-Uther units can't survive more than 3 hits, while some can't even survive two), this hurts. If Fates' Lunatic are as hard as that, this is gonna be fun.

I'm actually reconsidering my squad right now since I find Eiry and Magnus always lagging behind in this chapter. Maybe I should replace Magnus by Hassar. This chapter is insanely challenging, especially on Hard/Classic.

EDIT : Okay, completed it.

Feedback on Chapter 7x Hard : The thieves are impossible to catch. At least for my part. My squad was Leonard (and I regret deploying him, he only got the Recover), Magnus, Tony, Eiry, Uther, Marcus, Isadora, Eagler and Harken.

The issue is pretty much that the units are so bulky that you need at least three characters to kill one. This makes the thieves almost impossible to catch as they go too fast. Imo the design is pretty good. The chapter offers a really hard challenge. Though it would be better if the thieves were to spawn one turn later for each. That would make them easier to deal with.

Other than that, the chapter deals its job of being Hard. It's pretty much one of the hardest chapters I've ever faced in a Fire Emblem. Well done, Yeti. (I haven't gotten my hands on Fates yet)

I really like the fact that every chapter aside from the prologue who is quite easy provide a really good challenge.

And you should probably change the combat requirement for this chapter. It's probably impossible to get an S since you're taking more than 2/3 rounds per unit.

EDIT 2 :

Nah, the issue is that it requires his whole bar for him to heal, while for Augustus and Madelyn it only requires one bar.

Checked this. After one fight on the training ground he cannot heal.

Is Eagler a healer? No, that's why it requires his whole bar for one heal :) And chapter 7x was easy for me, it's possible to get an S, but I didn't manage to get the bow, sadly. (the thief stole the blue gem after it)

The error is to level Uther too fast :) My units stats were perfect when I played this chapter, Harken is a lot usefull!

Edited by Metakirby

Is Eagler a healer? No, that's why it requires his whole bar for one heal :) And chapter 7x was easy for me, it's possible to get an S, but I didn't manage to get the bow, sadly. (the thief stole the blue gem after it)

The error is to level Uther too fast :) My units stats were perfect when I played this chapter, Harken is a lot usefull!

Yeah but I have to fight with a Speed screwed Isadora (12 speed at lv14, rejoice!), a Speed screwed Madelyn (8 speed at lv6, rejoice!), a slightly Mag screwed Magnus (8 mag at lv5), and just sadness all around because Marcus is lv9 with 9 speed. Ah, and my Harken has 8 speed.

I mean, the Archers double almost half my team on this one.

EDIT : Funnily enough, every chapter makes me take back what I said about the other one. I think I'm having one of my hardest time as a FE player on chapter 9. Either due to the RNG that probably hates me, the fact that my effective weapons are almost out, the fact that Isadora never crits with her 30% crit slim sword, and obviously my lack of healing staves (6 uses recover and 4 uses fix along 15 uses barrier) makes this chapter crazy hard. I've switched Marcus for Cybil, and it seems a little bit easier.

I'm just posting who I'm deploying :

- Uther : Almost OP, but his defence is so blessed it's almost a liability because enemies stop to attack him. He'll have to solo the right side to get to the last tent on time.

- Isadora : Why are you so speed screwed. If Isadora didn't have 12 speed at lv14 (!!!) this chapter would have been way easier. She could have doubled those pesky Zweihanders and Phalanx.

- Eiry : Basically the mage hard hitter. Even if I'm not sure if she's needed. If there's one unit I'm currently thinking of replacing, it's probably Eiry for Eagler or...

- Fargus : I added him right now instead of Magnus because there's a Hammer and I need someone to kill the knights fast on the top left corner.

- Toni : A blessing there. She's basically my mage killer, since she hits them pretty hard.

- Harken : A second Armorslayer/Zambato wielder.

- Leonard : Currently the underdog of my playthrough. I'm quite surprised that he's so efficient to be honest. Give him an Armorslayer and he can tear those phalanx apart. And it's something I really need right now.

- Madelyn : Healer/10.

The issue I have currently is basically relying on wonky hitrates that gravitate around 70-80%. While I'm trying to be as efficient as possible, it's pretty hard to do anything when you're relying on Fargus' 60% hitrate with the Steel Axe for something to happen.

EDIT 2 : Nooooooooo

Almost there, I was at Turn 10 with my squad progressing really well!

What happens?

I forget Leonard's speed is heavily reduced by the Zambato. And boom, 15 speed Fine Sword cavalier doubles him and kills him. Should have healed him instead of Toni. If only I had known... =(

But at least I know that even with one of the worst RNG strings (had literally no crits during the chapters, and most of the hitrates were reliable) it can be doable. I have the full strat now I think. I don't know yet if I should replace Fargus by Eagler, but any other unit is pretty much mandatory for the clear.

EDIT 3 : Is at Turn 14. Says himself he doesn't have that much time, but hopefully he can kill the last tent this turn. What does the game do? Add 5 more turns. Lol. And I hurried like an idiot, thinking we were really restricted in time. Ended the mission. I actually got Fargus out for Eagler, and it went quite smoothier now I knew how to handle the map. And Toni still hits like a truck. (not at all because I've given her two bands, why are you looking at me like that?)

Edited by Nintales

Yeah, my team was better than yours. I had Tony, Eiry, Marcus, Isadora, Harken, Eagler, Madelyn (the others are at a good level but they feel less usefull, Fargus miss too much of his attack and is level 11, Magnus well..There's not enough place for him he's level 1 ; Leonard is too weak so only when they're chest and Hassar..Mmh same as Magnus, I prefer Tony)

I just went to my save and my Harken at chapter 9 was level 8, Eiry 2, Tony 3, Isadora 5, Marcus 5 and Uther 12 ; all with awesome stats (items like Augur Band or whatever help)

All character must be good, if there's only one, it's difficult as hell (still remember my first playthrough when I trained a lot Uther, didn't manage to get 7x because..obvious reason) but my Isadora as 11 speed so.. you're definitely not lucky. The only hard chapter was 7 for me :/ I can't really help you on this.

Chapter 9 was like..the easier chapter for me, I didn't even need any strategy. I finished it after 12 turn, Cybil rescue Benett, Eagler kills everyone on the right side and go get the Fine Lance with Magnus, others just rush and kill everyone without difficulty (even Richard was easy to beat) so...^^ Glad you finished it. This game is definitely difficult but that's the best point!

If you're playing through hard mode and not using Eagler, you probably should've known you're making things harder for yourself. Hassar+swift can also be pretty useful in a lot of situations, too. Especially thief killing.

Gonna add Bennet or Wallace for Ch 11? They'll probably help you more than Fargus. Leonard isn't essential for ch 11, though he's a great guy.

Edited by deranger

If you're playing through hard mode and not using Eagler, you probably should've known you're making things harder for yourself. Hassar+swift can also be pretty useful in a lot of situations, too. Especially thief killing.

Gonna add Bennet or Wallace for Ch 11? They'll probably help you more than Fargus. Leonard isn't essential for ch 11, though he's a great guy.

Nah, I used Eagler a lot until I thought that maybe, using Marcus would be better.

But nope!

Marcus has 9 speed at lv9 Vanguard. Benched forever now I can get Abelia.

And I think I'm gonna say "screw you" to Chapter 10's turncount.

That 16 speed hero is just EVIL.

Add to that the Silver Bowman that pops behind your back and you get a nice count.

I'm probably gonna promote Isadora though. Sad she only has 12 speed at lv17 though. I'm pretty much heavily speed screwed on my playthrough since my main hitter (Isadora) has low speed. Though Steel Bow Toni hits hard as hell.

But the growths seem really low imo. I've gotten quite the +HP +Skill levels (or bad 2 stats level like that), but my characters stats aren't in the red for most of them.

The issue about Hassar is just that I've used way too much of the Swift at chapter 5 since I cared quite about the turncount and therefore tried to get to the village in the most efficient way.

I'm pretty much using Bennet now, he's quite good. At least he can double, which is something only Toni could do.

Squad is now : Uther lv18, Bennet lv11, Leonard lv10, Isadora lv17, Madelyn lv9, Toni lv10, Eiry lv7, Harken lv10, Cybil lv4, and a last filler slot. The issue is that I don't have enough weapons for Eagler, and Magnus and Fargus, the two characters that can use other weapons, are pretty crap. (Magnus can't deal any damage due to the fact the enemies have an overly high Res stat, and Fargus just sucks to hit anything and he's wrecked by anything with a sword)

Cybil is forced in this chapter due to Roies, and anyways she's good too because she makes my exp rating higher.

This is still a hard chapter. I think I'm gonna force myself to turtle in there, because the 16 speed hero makes moving on impossible.

EDIT : And it's not like he didn't have a 1-2 weapon + 17 defense and 8 resistance. Man that guy is almost worse than Henning if it wasn't for the reliable hitrates I have on him.

And I'm gonna try Wallace instead of Fargus to see what happens.

EDIT 2 : Another reset. But this time I don't know what's most insulting. The fact that I thought the General would still remain immobile (it appears that he seems to move when the generic battle ends and not as I thought, that meant that if you killed the General, the knights would move) or that he hit Madelyn with a 49% hitrate crap. I'm annoyed, but on the other hand, it's one of the most challenging things I had to face for a while.

EDIT 3 : Is it okay if I let Deacon bite it? Because he actually baited the OP hero while I kept moving on. Nevermind, Eiry died to the 14 Speed Silver Sword Merc. Dang, another reset. You should rename Hard Mode to Brutal or Lunatic lol.

Edited by Nintales

Turn 1 Roeis is pretty nice. You'll have enough characters to replace your screwed and under levelled one for the final chapter. Also, Eagler might be better off with Cybil's and Leonard's weapons if you're really too broke to buy him more weapons at base and are really having trouble.

[spoiler=missed items]

I'm guessing you missed the ch 7 knights crest. Promoted Wallace would probably be pretty helpful.

Edited by deranger

Turn 1 Roeis is pretty nice. You'll have enough characters to replace your screwed and under levelled one for the final chapter. Also, Eagler might be better off with Cybil's and Leonard's weapons if you're really too broke to buy him more weapons at base and are really having trouble.

[spoiler=missed items]

I'm guessing you missed the ch 7 knights crest. Promoted Wallace would probably be pretty helpful.

There was a Knight's Crest in Chapter 7? oO

Okay now I'm sad. That means I could have promoted Isadora way sooner.

Turn 1 Roeis is impossible to me unless I lose a huge amount of efficiency.

Cybil gets OHKO'd by the Horseslayer Pegasus who has a good amount of hitrate on her, and she's positioned in such a way she can't canto after getting the village. The normal plan could be saving her with Roeis, but that would be unefficient as I need Cybil to get some last kills to not only up my exp rating (because the combat rating is usually impossible to get above 100 right now since the enemies are so damn bulky) and I need a unit sturdy enough to save her from this. I think Eagler could do the trick, but he requires me not to deploy a unit on the right side (I'd probably swap Isadora so nothing is lost, but still)

That makes the chapter a little bit tougher to handle.

I usually get Roeis on turn 3 after giving Cybil two kills.

Just asking this again : Has Deacon's death any influence on what may happen later on? The guy's literally impossible to save in some of my runs due to Meredith and Isaac just leaving him behind while he gets wrecked by the hero. xD

Won't affect what's in the demo, and I'd guess you'd be doing a few more playthroughs before the next is out. He's seen alive and kicking regardless of battle field death in later convos. Plus, no death, or even retreat quote.

Meredith and Isaac should go after people in range of Deacon. Or Deacon should have a heal first policy. Defensive band wouldn't hurt. They could show up later, if the idea is the player has sole onus to protect Deacon (Cybil's hurtling across the map is a pretty specific request to make of the player). Though there's quite enough green units to save as is. (Great chapter though. Giving better off players the challenge of saving as many green units as possible is cool, and isn't a reward that puts them stupidly further ahead.)

Edited by deranger

Won't affect what's in the demo, and I'd guess you'd be doing a few more playthroughs before the next is out. He's seen alive and kicking regardless of battle field death in later convos. Plus, no death, or even retreat quote.

Meredith and Isaac should go after people in range of Deacon. Or Deacon should have a heal first policy. Defensive band wouldn't hurt. They could show up later, if the idea is the player has sole onus to protect Deacon (Cybil's hurtling across the map is a pretty specific request to make of the player). Though there's quite enough green units to save as is. (Great chapter though. Giving better off players the challenge of saving as many green units as possible is cool, and isn't a reward that puts them stupidly further ahead.)

Yeah, again, like all other maps, the map design is pretty amazing imo.

Still sad about my 10/20/1 Isadora with only 16 speed, but at least she's viable I guess. And like an idiot I forgot to bring the Ruby for the armory, meaning that I just bought the Silver Bow and ran out of cash. ;_;

Anyways, not like Chester and Abelia didn't bring free weapons.

I'm on the training grounds of chapter 12. I'll probably make a full review of the new hard mode chapters (7x, 9, 11, 12) once I fully got to understand them.

Okay, finished my first playthrough and now just "ended" my girls only run.

Remarks : Overall, the game is great. I really feel like there has been put into that a lot of thought, and the result is a really fun game to play.

Though, you need to give the player one more door key at chapter 12. There's only one droppable door key, which screwed my girls only run. (I stopped because I killed every enemy minus the boss, that is a pushover as long as I take him from range) The only way to get the second is to steal it with Leonard, or to just let the thief open the door. This can completely screw a run that managed to catch the thief before he actually opened the door, especially on Hard/Classic where there is no checkpoint saves (meaning you have to restart the whole chapter). Make that door key droppable too.

Girls remarks :

Isadora : A great unit. The ability to use Zambatos, Armorslayers and Light Brands efficiently will salvage Isadora no matter how screwed she can get. Add to that a mount. Isadora is really decent, and an awesome unit as long as you don't get screwed.

Cybil : A good unit. She's a bit on the frail side early on, especially when she promotes due to how many archers there is, but once you get the levels rolling by she's pretty decent and can do her job fairly well. Plus it helps that she has a support with one of the best units in the game that is...

Toni : Probably the best unit of this game. Tony is the most efficient mage killer this game has. She also doubles quite a lot of things and can ORKO a lot of the game's units, even in hard mode. Just give her the bands if her strength is lagging behind, she's probably the best investment for those. And Longbowman Toni is just crazy strong.

Madelyn : Healer/10. She's pretty good because she can bait hits, which is always a good thing in those tense moments that you can have. Her healing is okay, and you actually get way more items than I could think of now I realize you can steal quite the things with Leonard.

Eiry : A good to great unit. Eiry is a tanky unit that usually takes 1 to 5 damage from a Magic-based unit. She's also fairly bulky regarding physical units, and hurts anything really hard. She can also support Uther, which is pretty good. (though I don't really get what happened in the B Eiry/Uther '3')

Abelia : A meh unit. Low Res and okay speed due to low con means she's vulnerable to almost all this hack throws at you. She's still okay, but Cybil is just better, and probably a non-screwed Marcus too. Maybe buffing her base con could help?

By the way, where is the chapter 7's knight crest? I've looked for it during my run, but I couldn't find it. ;_;

Edited by Nintales