About the new member badges

VincentASM

I'm pretty sure nobody on staff knows any IPB coding, except maybe Jyosua, but they're busy D:

Do you know what version of IPB FEU used? I know SoS uses Simple Machines, which we're not using. I also know FEP has had a similar system for a long time, but they've got a much older version of IPB.

I have looked around for mods on numerous occasions, but haven't found any that might work.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever version was right before IPB decided to become Facebook. We used a mod then, but on SoS I think we're actually using something very simple that Noro coded allowing users to enter the URL for an icon in a field and simply display it in the field "pips" would normally show in.

If nobody has made a mod for this version of IPB and you don't have anyone that is so-so with the coding available right now though, seems this is the best option. That's crazy that no mod exists for it, I know a lot of people quit contributing after the big update but I didn't expect it to be that bad.

Yeah, I mean, come on. It's a feature that people have wanted for a long time. It is free, it does not effect anything. Don't complain about something that is completely harmless, and don't get into silly arguments over it. It's not perfect yet, just be happy some actual work is being put into a long-requested feature and that it was not forgotten. Show a little appreciation for the guy doing his best to add some neat things to the forum that we did not previously have.

Thanks for the neat badges guys :tangerine:.

^This, pretty much.

Now, all I gotta do is post a whole lot until I get Greil...

Complaints are fine as long as they're made at the right time and the right place (like in this topic). I wouldn't worry too much about it ^^

Similarly, arguments are only natural, but just try not to get too heated. In general, the staff always try to listen to everybody's requests, although we can't always promise to fulfil them, since we have the userbase as a whole to consider (while compromises can be made if there's enough reasoning and voice behind them).

Can't say I like this change. A combination of wholeheartedly disliking FE10 and doubly wholeheartedly disliking Micaiah kinda sours me significantly on this new badge thing.

I'd already thought of this before seeing your post, but.... It would be hilarious if a certain someone would also get Micaiah.

For those who seemingly don't like the artwork... depending on your browser, you can download plugins or addons or whatever they call them now which will replace images with whatever you want (these are usually used for ad-blockers). You can tell your browser when it loads these badges to either display no image, or an image you choose.

YAY for personal responsibility :newyears:

Yune

Griel

Nephenee

Boyd

Vika

Firio

Muarim

Roro

Soren

Nolan

Cavalier's Horse

Micaiah

Sothe

Black Knight

Mist

Ike

Are you certain that's the order as it is actually in use right now? I'm 100% positive I had 5 dots before things got changed, but according to this list, I'd have to have had 6.

EDIT: Wait, I have Nolan now? Then I'd have to have had 7... This is a little confusing.

Edited by Raymond

I'm pretty certain of everything Soren and above. Below that I just extrapolated the numbers. So... no, there's a chance Nolan is slightly lower than someone else.

Mind you, I think I only had about 6 dots before and I have Roro, so go figure.

I believe Roro is 7 dots, but I can't be sure since my count increased right as the dots got reversed. I do remember going from 6 to 7 to 8 dots over the course of three posts, though.

Guys, this isn't really the place to be discussng what postcount/pip = what badge : P

That said, I'll leave you with a hint and a warning. Firstly, I revised the rank requirements before implementing the badges (some people already guessed this) and secondly, don't think I won't revise the rank requirements or the badge distribution again.

# I may end up re-shuffling the badges for whatever reason, so don't be surprised if your badge changes even though you haven't done anything.

I'd already thought of this before seeing your post, but.... It would be hilarious if a certain someone would also get Micaiah.

Fortunately, I'm past getting her... :P:

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Guys, this isn't really the place to be discussng what postcount/pip = what badge : P

That said, I'll leave you with a hint and a warning. Firstly, I revised the rank requirements before implementing the badges (some people already guessed this) and secondly, don't think I won't revise the rank requirements or the badge distribution again.

You've been switching them around this whole time, just to mess with people. Haven't you?!

In any case, I think the badges are quite fabulous myself.

I was disappoint with the SF trolling system when that didn't happen.

Sorry I can't tell you can try discussing with other members, I'm trying to avoid scenarios like yours where people try and shoot for the next badge or refrain from posting to keep their current badge for whatever reason : )

I can say that you may not have to do anything...

Edited by VincentASM

This is a nice step to make this site more attentive.

Anyways, nice work on the badges, The End. And I luv my smexy Soren badge. =3