Strawman paints...?

Strawman

So...uh...yeah...my junior year I took Painting studio at school and it was pretty cool and stuff. So here I will post some stuff from that and the few things I've actually done on my own.

I don't really have that many paintings so I won't post them all up here at once, otherwise this topic would never get updated.

Anyways, here are the first three actual paintings from Painting Studio(the class). :newyears: And by actual I mean on a canvas. We did smaller stuff that I no longer know the whereabouts of.

[spoiler=First painting I ever did really...Cubist Still Life]FirstUpload005.jpg

[spoiler=Unfinished Portrait of Live Model Student Teacher]FirstUpload001-1.jpg

[spoiler=Abstract Landscape Inspired by Two Canadians]FirstUpload003.jpg

Oh man, I love what you did with that abstract one. It's nice to look at. :): Also, amazing job with the newspaper (especially the print) and the glass in that still-life. Those are my favorites, but I like the portrait too. =D

Thanks guys!

@all the face comments: Portraits and people are basically what I'm worst at and most afraid of doing so thank you for the comments(especially since that one wasn't even ever finished).

@Mercakete: Thank you! But the newspaper is actually real newspaper! I like the idea of using real materials and paint at the same time so thats what I did with that one. Also since I was using the style of Cubism and there was a form of cubism that used material and stuff I thought it'd be appropriate. I hope that doesn't make you like any less though lol.

@Eclipse: Yeah I definitely like the abstracts better too.

[spoiler=Impressionist? Landscape? Based off a scene from a movie. ]FirstUpload002-1.jpg

This one is like one of my more recent paintings. I saw a movie on Netflix and was really inspired by this scene. Its these four women going to a funeral, walking on the beach path in front of their houses. Yes, the house is gigantic and the proportions are messed up...those were supposed to be hills/mounds but the look more like mountains.

[spoiler=And here's a treat(pun intended)]FirstUpload001-2.jpg

A sketch of a painting for my senior project. Its done now but I don't want to post it yet. Its a sundae/milkshake...kind of.

Actually, that's pretty cool that you used real newspaper as a medium. That yellow glass effect is still awesome and the eye has pleanty to look at without it being a mess. :):

@ new art: That one inspired by the movie is actually really good. You got the forms of those teeny, little people really well and how the land curves and its depth... Reaqlly good job. I'd critisize the house a bit, but I'm terrible at bouildings so I really have no place in that regard. :XD:

Also, I'm a bit confused as to which angle we're looking at the ice cream at. At the top it looks like a straight-on view, but at the bottom it looks like it's supposed to be angled from above slightly. I think this is mainly due to the base. Try making the elipse a bit shorter heightwise and longer lengthwise (so more of a long oval than a circle). Very nice glass effect though.

Suddenly I had an urge to go hungry now after seeing that sundae/milkshake lineart.

Apparently tonight, I'll be feasting on some delicious double dutch IIRC for dessert.

Edited by Frostbite

Actually, that's pretty cool that you used real newspaper as a medium. That yellow glass effect is still awesome and the eye has pleanty to look at without it being a mess. :):

@ new art: That one inspired by the movie is actually really good. You got the forms of those teeny, little people really well and how the land curves and its depth... Reaqlly good job. I'd critisize the house a bit, but I'm terrible at bouildings so I really have no place in that regard. :XD:

Also, I'm a bit confused as to which angle we're looking at the ice cream at. At the top it looks like a straight-on view, but at the bottom it looks like it's supposed to be angled from above slightly. I think this is mainly due to the base. Try making the elipse a bit shorter heightwise and longer lengthwise (so more of a long oval than a circle). Very nice glass effect though.

Thanks! And yeah the building has issues but I wasn't really going for perfectly realistic on that one. I wish I could just like shrink the house haha.

Well I wish I could fix it but its already painted and been presented. The painted version looks both better and worse haha. The bottom of the glass looks better while the rest doesn't look as realistic. Well, realism is for chumps anyways :P:

Frostbite: You won't when you see the finished version in the future... :D:

Edited by Strawman the SawmanShaman

I am lactose intolerant. How dare you put a well-sketched milkshake in front of me!

...sorry Eclipse... :(: I won't do it again!

Okay! Now for my three painting series of abstract landscapes....YAY!

[spoiler=First, A mountain]FirstUpload007.jpg

[spoiler=Second, Trees and Windmills]FirstUpload002.jpg

[spoiler=Third, A Factory]FirstUpload004.jpg

I don't know. I kind of like them myself. The one with the trees and windmills has huge balance issues. The other two are kind of messy. My art teacher liked them though. He said he liked the style I developed and that I should create about 90 more like those. Uuuuugggghhhhhh. Thats so many. I haven't made anymore like this but I've thought about it. Anyways, comments?

Edited by Strawman the SawmanShaman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The hills have that color-pattern that I usually love!

Ah, thanks Frostbite. Sorry I took so long to respond to that too, my memory sucks.

Also another painting, yay!

[spoiler=Not sure what this is...]FirstUpload003-1.jpg

Actually thats a lie. It was supposed to be an upside down iceberg in the Desert, only it looked dumb like that. So I turned the upside down ice =berg upside down, to make it right side up, which put the desert in the sky. So now its just an iceberg, with a crazy sky. Not my favorite.

Hmm, I looked that up and so far everything I've seen from it is like 10000000 times more awesome looking than that, but thanks. And now I kind of really want to get/play that game...