FE: Tricks of Fate

KingKomodo

So I'm making a fire emblem based off of Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones. So far this is what I have planned

Countries - Maldamar: Main Evil country

Terilium: Continent

Latatore: Main Hero's Country

Farius: Secondary Evil Country (Works with Maldamar)

Plot- -Maldamar secretly sends bands of unknown soldiers to attack Latatore, Latatore doesn't know who sends them, They find out when the boss of the third level joins you. After you beat him he tells you, You then find out that Farius sent the troops after you. Later you find out that Maldamar and Farius are working together to destroy your Country.

Units/Classes

Main Hero (replaces Eirica) Class-Scholar

Uses: anima magic

Scholar evolution choice 1->Mage General

Uses: anima and dark magic

Skill: Imune to anima magic

Scholar evolution choice 2->Illusionist

Uses: anima magic

Skill: Mystic Morphs (it creates clones of him on every side top, bottom, left, right, and corners, They have no weapons, skill, luck, or speed)

New unit-Boss of level 3-Pegasus Lord (male unit on a black Pegasus)

Uses: Sword

New unit-Pegasus Lord evolution->Skymaster (male unit on a black Pegasus)

Uses: Swords and Axes

New unit-Rookie

Uses: Swords

Evolves into either: Mercenary or Myrmidon

New unit-Spider Rider

Uses: Lances and swords and axes

Skill: Rides an Elder Bael, he can climb mountains like Elder Bael Normally can

New unit-Crusader

Uses: Light Magic

Crusader evolution->Saint

Uses: Light Magic

Skill: +15% critical

Please give me any advice or anything you dislike. I need all the help I can get to do this project. I'll constantly be working I also need to know how to do some stuff, like how to add my units I want to add and how to get rid of ephreim. I also want to know how to make it so that instead of choosing to go on ephreim or eirika's path you choose what "resistance" you join with your Scholar (that's what will choose who he evolves into) Also I need help to add some of the abilities and edit some models.

Edited by KingKomodo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this what you really want? I mean it seems like a lot of work just to make all the sprites and stuff for all those classes let alone making a custom hack. You might want to consider making a hack that is simpler and that can be easily helped just by looking through resouces and tutorials provided to you.

Like ThatGuyDownTheStreet said this is a really complex project. You're a n00b and unless people see promise in this they won't want to help. IMO you shouldn't go right into making all new classes, the only person I think has ever done that was MK404 and he's been around for a long time. Custom classes are really hard and time consuming, if you want to then go for it, but I think you should start out with something easier.

Or even possible. I frankly doubt the fanciful notion of immunity to nature is possible at all, let alone to someone who for all we know (and in all likelihood) is attempting this as their first venture. Nobody will donate a thing until we're shown some promise this will actually go somewhere, as I'm sure I've said thirty times by now.

Also, there is no surer way to ensure the doom of a plot than by designating 'Evil Countries'.

Yeah, I see what you mean. But you know I'm a fast learner an even better at figureing stuff out. And it might be a character flaw of me or something, but im always go big or go home. Also Furetchen I have to agree LOL my plot, designating good and bad, not necessarily good. But if anyone wants to help I'm still game. I mean it's a project I'm giving it my all. Later today I should have some pics of my progress, I'm starting with classes so I'm working on the Spider Rider animation right now. It'll be up soon.

1.how to add my units I want to add and

2. how to get rid of ephreim.

3. I also want to know how to make it so that instead of choosing to go on ephreim or eirika's path you choose what "resistance" you join with your Scholar

4.(that's what will choose who he evolves into)

5.Also I need help to add some of the abilities and

6. edit some models.

1. If you seriously can't figure out how to do this, you shouldn't be planning such an ambitious hack. Yet.

2. Custom events. Just use the "move to chapter" code and go to whatever chapter/route/etc. you want.

3. ...you edit the text?

4. As far as I know, it is literally impossible to make the route choice affect a promotion path.

6. People generally don't offer spriting help until A) they see results or B) you look so desperate that people want to help you out of pity.

1. If you seriously can't figure out how to do this, you shouldn't be planning such an ambitious hack. Yet.

2. Custom events. Just use the "move to chapter" code and go to whatever chapter/route/etc. you want.

3. ...you edit the text?

4. As far as I know, it is literally impossible to make the route choice affect a promotion path.

6. People generally don't offer spriting help until A) they see results or B) you look so desperate that people want to help you out of pity.

Couldn't you have different events at the end of each path, and they'd give different items for promotion? Then that could promote to different classes.

Well for #1 I figured it out, I'll admit stupid question.

2. Thanks

3. Again I figured it out

4. I figured it out, it'll be different levels and the item you get will decide what you turn into, it'll. Be an item given to you and it'll just have two different scholars one replacing epheeim and one replacing eirIka, they'll have the same stats, since it's the same person.

5. I have no idea.

6. Figured it out, super easy.

4. I figured it out, it'll be different levels and the item you get will decide what you turn into, it'll. Be an item given to you and it'll just have two different scholars one replacing epheeim and one replacing eirIka, they'll have the same stats, since it's the same person.

5. I have no idea.

4. Doing that means that after you pick your side your scholar goes back to base stats.

5. (derp) There is currently no way (at all) of editing the skills (greatshield and all that), even with ASM.

4. Doing that means that after you pick your side your scholar goes back to base stats.

it'll be a few levels after the prologue so that no matter what he'll be a particular level.

I changing the name to FE: Touch of Destiny. Or FE: Play of Fate

Touch of Destiny, sure. Play of Fate ... no. It just sounds awkward.

it'll be a few levels after the prologue so that no matter what he'll be a particular level.

...But not all of them will be the same level. And you can't predict growths.

Also if anyone wants to help with Mugs or something that would be a great help, mine just look like a character changed in minor ways. =/

Don't worry about it. Keep your slight edits for now, you can always change them later on, and nothing's wrong with recolors anyways. Just do your project however you want--but the more you stall over a few small things, the higher (much higher) chance you're going to lose interest in the project.

I know I fixed it, all the photos are png files. I also made it so that every frame only has 16 colors, it's getting there but it is time consuming, I have all the frames done but I need to know how to script multiple weapons, I only know how to script one weapon, but he uses lances and axes.

Edited by KingKomodo

5. (derp) There is currently no way (at all) of editing the skills (greatshield and all that), even with ASM.

Bull.

You CAN do it, it's just... well... really difficult and not worth it. Well actually, Xeld made a list of skills from FE4/FE9/whatever that he listed that could be implemented and put their difficulty. "Aether" from FE9/FE10 was in "Bull, I'm not putting the effort for this, it's not worth it" tier. Others like "Sol" he said seemed decent in effort requirement. But this was a long time ago. I think you can find it in his doc.

... The only way you're really limited is by your ability to modify and create new code where you deem necessary. If you can't do this, what you want to do still isn't impossible--you're just incapable.

Bull.

You CAN do it, it's just... well... really difficult and not worth it. Well actually, Xeld made a list of skills from FE4/FE9/whatever that he listed that could be implemented and put their difficulty. "Aether" from FE9/FE10 was in "Bull, I'm not putting the effort for this, it's not worth it" tier. Others like "Sol" he said seemed decent in effort requirement. But this was a long time ago. I think you can find it in his doc.

Not in FE8 you can't.

Not in FE8 you can't.

What do you call Astra, Adept, etc. that were done for FE8 then, Cam? (You know, the buggy ones that either Xeld or NL did that didn't work in the Arena.)

Edited by Lord Glenn