The Road to Ruin [Complete] [v3.0.3 Released!]

Primefusion

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point, but does the Baron promote from anything or into anything, or is it completely stand-alone?

Seeing as it's enemy only, atm, probably stand alone. Which would make sense.

Haha, looks like Seph's got all the answers :3

And I remembered, there was that concern about magic doing too much damage and Baron's being a little too OP for the player. They will of course be susceptible to anti-armor weapons. And be slow as hell biggrin.gif

Don't get into silly arguments in people's project threads. Discuss his hack, don't hijack it for the sake of your e-peen.

And there seem to be a lot of arguments going on in my thread that aren't really related to the hack =/ I know I'm mini-modding a bit, but if you could take this to PMs I'd appreciate it smile.gif

I should also say that progress will be a little slow for the next couple weeks because I really need to focus on school. Third term calculus is really kicking my ass. sad.gif

Just send me a PM if people are doing things that are not appropriate in your/other people's threads, better than potentially giving them more things to reply to right :P:?

Good luck with school too! I'm looking forward to more updates.

Just answering with what makes the most sense; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh, no I was just saying you're spot on with your responses. biggrin.gif

And thanks, Tangerine

Been working on this mug off and on for a while. It's what Raizen shall be changed to since right now, his portrait is pretty terrible.

RaizenHalberdier-2.png

The numbers show the progression of the mug. Yoshirider stepped in on number 4 and I took over again after that. Those halberdier shoulders are custom and I'm actually rather proud of them since I'm a pretty terrible spriter. The mouth, eye, and chibi frames are placeholders for now. Feel free to critique.

*sigh* Back to studying...

Edited by Primefusion

The trim is the worst part on the halb shoulders. It's very chunky, and not smooth at all. I... don't know if there's a really-- Oh! The boss that Arch has in EN, the one for Tale 5. His mug has the pointy halb shoulders as well, with trim. You could ref that.

Edited by seph1212

The trim is the worst part on the halb shoulders. It's very chunky, and not smooth at all. I... don't know if there's a really-- Oh! The boss that Arch has in EN, the one for Tale 4. His mug has the pointy halb shoulders as well, with trim. You could ref that.

*Tale 5. Hector's tale.

The game is really good, the events are great, the game is interesting and the maps are really good too.

But IDK something is bothering me about the game, it just needs something really awesome.

If you want I could help you with some mugs just PM me.

Edited by Masterplan201

If you want I could help you with some mugs just PM me.

but I think I might be able to communicate what I would like in a mug to Seph and Yoshi much more easily since they have more experience. Plus, since this is a smaller hack, there aren't as many mugs so two spriters should have this covered just fine.

:3

I should get to downloading this and actually playing it...

:3

I should get to downloading this and actually playing it...

Ohh I didn't saw this gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

You really should try the game out before the next patch will be released and some of the things will be changed, maybe if you finished the game befor the next beta will be released you could have forget some things that happend so you can experience the game again laugh.gif

I hope you understand what I mean smile.gif

Wow you have great maps, you can do custome events and now you even have some good spriters smile.gif

Now you just need to finish the custome animations.

Edited by Masterplan201

But IDK something is bothering me about the game, it just needs something really awesome.

Hmm, really awesome... I've got ideas in the works (though if you've got a suggestion I'd like to hear it). I think you guys might like the boss for chapter 10. I'm actually pretty excited to introduce him. biggrin.gif

Anyway, I'm also looking for storyline critique since that's actually the thing I'm concerned with the most at the moment. Remember to use spoilers! smile.gif

I gotta say this game was really fun. A little challenging bullshit reinforcements aboutwith a pretty good story. Somehow I didn't mind the familiar names and faces too much. I also got Florina killed which didn't let me get Kent, and I'm assuming that means I couldn't get Oscar... XD.

There were some problems but I'll just point out the ones I can remember off the top of my head:

When uh... General Raizen? gets attacked in that protect chapter, his sprite disappears, because he doesn't have the animation and whatnot.

It's kind of hard to get items in this game due to low funds and the fact that enemies rarely drop stuff. I was often really low on them. That's partially my fault, but it is a little annoying, but then again it's more of a personal gripe than anything else... do what you want.

In the bandit chapter, I saw like, soldiers and cavaliers. Which was REALLY weird. Archers and mercenaries, okay, but since when did bandits have armor? Unless... it's actually part of the plot? o_O

I can't remember anything else even though it was there. I think I was enjoying the game too much to keep note of it. Whoops!

Why wouldn't bandits have armour? If anything, they'd strike me as the people likely to be MOST conscious of their own safety, and a few hastily riveted together slabs of iron and another serving for a shield would make for a fitting vanguard. Alternatively, deserters. Alternatively, they do parttime mercenary work. The explanations go on and on...

^Good point. The other games never bothered to have bandits with armor so it never occurred to me that any bandits in any game would be smart enough to protect themselves or else they all just like to strip.

Part-time bandit, part-time merc... lol

I've only played the prologue, but this is looking to be an amazing game so far. Only 2 things I see wrong. The stats of the enemies in the prologue (which I believe was already mentioned), and after I killed the initial enemies, I spent a few turns just moving my characters to the castle with no enemies in the way. Either add a few more enemies, change some of them so they don't move, or make a different route to the castle. As long as the other chapters aren't like this, things should be fine.

I gotta say this game was really fun. A little challenging bullshit reinforcements aboutwith a pretty good story. Somehow I didn't mind the familiar names and faces too much. I also got Florina killed which didn't let me get Kent, and I'm assuming that means I couldn't get Oscar... XD.

There were some problems but I'll just point out the ones I can remember off the top of my head:

When uh... General Raizen? gets attacked in that protect chapter, his sprite disappears, because he doesn't have the animation and whatnot.

It's kind of hard to get items in this game due to low funds and the fact that enemies rarely drop stuff. I was often really low on them. That's partially my fault, but it is a little annoying, but then again it's more of a personal gripe than anything else... do what you want.

In the bandit chapter, I saw like, soldiers and cavaliers. Which was REALLY weird. Archers and mercenaries, okay, but since when did bandits have armor? Unless... it's actually part of the plot? o_O

I can't remember anything else even though it was there. I think I was enjoying the game too much to keep note of it. Whoops!

Yes, you do indeed need Kent to recruit Oscar.

The animation thing...No idea at the moment.

I'll probably make it so a few more enemies drop things. The money thing was supposed to be the whole "We're mercenaries, so we don't have a whole lot of money"

And you and Furetchen seem to agree about bandits now. biggrin.gif

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I've put a lot of effort into this.

It looks like the Prologue is the weakest link right now, so I'll look into improving it.

Why wouldn't bandits have armour? If anything, they'd strike me as the people likely to be MOST conscious of their own safety, and a few hastily riveted together slabs of iron and another serving for a shield would make for a fitting vanguard. Alternatively, deserters. Alternatively, they do parttime mercenary work. The explanations go on and on...

Yet at the same time, if you're an outlaw bandit, you are unlikely to have access to the kind of expensive armour that only real armies get access to. 'a few hastily riveted together slabs of iron' is nothing like real armour, and would probably be more of a hindrance than a help. What's more, the conditions for a bandit are much different from the conditions for a real soldier in a real army. They wouldn't have a squire or an assistant to help them take care of their armour (and might not know how to do it themselves), and since bandits are going to be continuously on the move, lugging armour everywhere might be time-consuming. A bandit would try to avoid fighting a real soldier (they know that they'd lose), they would go after 'soft' targets like civilians. And you wouldn't really need armour for that, just a sharp weapon.

However, deserters is pretty plausible. And sometimes, armies will send out soldiers to 'forage' (which generally means, take food from the locals by force)

The animation thing...No idea at the moment.

You'll need to go into GBAGE and hack the map sprite so that it has frames--even if it's just that one lying down frame--for all parts of the animation. IIRC that map sprite was originally used in a cut scene and not in battle and so that's why it wasn't really meant for a battle.

I'll probably make it so a few more enemies drop things. The money thing was supposed to be the whole "We're mercenaries, so we don't have a whole lot of money"

Ooooh, I see. Then that's a good touch to the game, I was definitely a mercenary running low on supplies... I had to strategically save the uses on my weapons

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working on chapter 10 so I thought I'd give you all some teasers:

Ch10Teaser1.png

What's a chapter without thugs to kill? (The thugs aren't there yet because I'm working on cutscenes first)

Ch10Teaser2.png

Yay, character development.

Ch10Teaser3.png

Promotion items are a go.

Stay tuned for more progress.