The Road to Ruin [Complete] [v3.0.3 Released!]

Primefusion

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving this hack so far, especially with the new unit types and (from what I've heard) different promotion paths. However, it does make it a little tricker to plan out a party ahead of time - is there any way we could get a list of what weapons each character gets after promotion? That'd be super helpful!

this hack is harder than the previous version i play back then. especially Vance as the MC has a weak growth that i need +2 STR for him to catch up with most enemies since his speed is not that  good either. chapter 10 if i remember correctly where i need to survive for 10 turns are fukin hell especially against the boss valkyrie from above. she hits hard and always double. i even need to save state to play this hack, geez

• 5 months later...

I don't wanna sound whiny, but playing this feels like I'm playing FE6 (I hate FE6's difficulty), which is a real shame since I really like everything else about it.

Also I feel like the characters in my playthrough got stat-screwed hard (Vance used the power ring and I'm at chapter 9). Either that or I'm just bad at Fire Emblem in general.

Screenshot_20200916-154602.png

Screenshot_20200916-154553.png

Screenshot_20200916-154625.png

Screenshot_20200916-154611.png

• 1 month later...

Hmm, well i've mostly figured out that after hugo recruits that light mage everyone else seems to be recruited by vance. I just kinda wish there was better context clues for it.

Currently i'm kind of road blocked at chapter 10 because i have exactly 0 units that can tank being slammed by 3 mages back to back from the north and then the boss coming into a clogged choke point and hits all my units for 75% of their health. I can handle the south since there is a one tile point i can choke yet with the reinforcements from the north alternating between magic then melee i can't clear them out fast enough.

As i've been playing I had made a few observations and it seems like the most common irritant is the constant flood of reinforcements.

the lack of anyone having higher the 40% strength growth bitting me in the ass. Vance didn't get a single point of strength until level 7 even with RNG manipulation.The lack of consistent doubling is also frustrating since i assume i absolutely need those two master seals that i can't get because the northern mage boss is too dangerous.

I have decided to stop playing for right now, since after trying this accursed map for 3 days and effectively getting either only one seal or someone i can't let die getting killed by the endless mages. 

If you ever end up doing another update for some random reason maybe staggering the reinforcements instead of just swarming the player with 6 more units every turn would be a good idea.

Edited by jackofblades1991

• 4 weeks later...

AAAA
Chapter 5 is a mess. The axe unit from one of the previous chapters died in its chapter, and because of the amount of units I have, I can only barely move out of sniper range.
If I had any more units than I did now someone would die first turn every time I start the map, unless my currently dead units start near the door.
Ava sucks a bit here because there's a lot of enemies here that do a lot of damage, thus ending my Jeigan quickly, and there are fighters that are level 4 that have MORE STRENGTH THAN VANCE (Vance is level 9, by the way). Most of the units do too much damage to the Pegasus knight and kill her in one round if I attack on player phase.

...I thought this was normal mode, dude.

Oh yeah and the archer sucks worse than Wil and Rebecca ever have or will or possibly can.

Edit: Well, I checked and I guess they wouldn't die because of those side tiles. Oops!

Edited by thisgamesfire
I checked and realized something i said was wrong

• 1 month later...

Hey! Just wanted to drop a massive thank you for this, I played it pretty much non-stop for the last week & just finished it. Very, very hard to be sure, probably the hardest FE game I've played but was always a delight when I managed to think my way out of the situation. You've done a fantastic job with this and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bugs :Geraldt can support Calista but she cannot do the same. also their ending cannot be shown.

Can be easily fixed but i think that should been told.

Also

This is amusing. I  think they have some connection between them.

I  threw an energy ring and all secret book and all icon to Aaron, otherwise they  would be more resemble 

A2.PNG

A1.PNG

Edited by KannaHoshido

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to say I really liked this game. The beginning chapters were challenging but the difficulty kind of tapered off as the game went on...

Still a really fun experience and it had me hooked until then end! is there any place where we can see all of the paired endings? I always forget to grind supports in these games and I wanted to see the possible ending texts. Awesome game and thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing this hack in 2021.. Great story.. great map design.. I'd give it 4 stars.. I still ran into few issues:

I was not getting a Support list in any menu.. Very few support conversations available or accessible, don't know which exactly..

There is character called Lanora.. a "Curate" class.. I'm half way in map 10 and she had not a single conversation.. Her presence so far adds nothing to the story.. Still important in the battlefield for lack of units..

There is another character that is a monk lady I encountered that i assume is supposed to join.. it was an attack to take a castle.. Perhaps map 7.. She'd have a conversation with an enemy soldier that she's preaching for her deity.. Still I tried all my still alive units.. She'd talk to nobody.. Her conversation with the ennemy did not provide enough clue to know how to exactly attract her.. I did lose 2 soldiers prior to that so i'm not 100% sure if one of them could get her onboard..

The 2 missions that follow were very difficult since te party was seriously outnumbered.. I managed them with the loss of one more unit after many trials trying to find some way to avoid getting more of thrm killed..

Up to chapter 10, you'd have a feeling that this was definitely a great story.. but you'd want to have had more characters, more conversations.. 

One more thing.. for the 1st 5 chapters, you'll notice most units have stats that are not so much adrift.. that makes losing a unit to low stats a bit unlikely, but to opposing classes, weapons or simply the level design leadig to some situations being tactically exposed to lose one..

I'd still recommend it.. good effort..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked up the ROM hack, and the game is so brutal, punishing you heavily for poor placement or matchups. And I love it. I'm on Chapter 8 so far.

My thoughts on characters:
1. Vance - Your main character, Vance is decent enough. Okay Strength, good Skill and Speed, thankfully he has decent enough Con to not be weighed down by Crystal Swords.

2. Ava - A Jeigan Swordmaster that also promotes is probably the weirdest thing I've seen in a while. Has just high enough stats to be viable, since she has poor Defense and average HP, but decent Skill and Speed. 9 initial Strength hurts, even though I know she'll promote since I've played it but stopped since I was pretty bad at FE before.

3. Torie - A Pegasus Knight with 7 Con is an absolute blessing. She's fast enough to double everything except Myrmidons. As of now, her Strength is at 9 despite being Lvl. 13, but since she's a Pegasus Knight, I can see why. Somewhat low Defense and decent Resistance, I'll take it.

4. Buck - Buck's a bit of a weak link right now. 7 Strength hurts a lot, though he makes up for it with surprisingly decent bulk. He still lags behind a lot of my other units, but having a 2 range unit that can consistently hit never hurts to have.

5. Jorin - Benched. Immediately. He doesn't excel against any enemy, even Fighters. Not enough Speed or Strength to kill or damage reliably, not enough bulk to take a hit from anything, even Slim Sword Myrmidons, who double him. He's too difficult to train, and his output isn't reliable, so I decided not to use him.

6. Sylvia - Clerics are always welcome in any FE game, unless you have too many. Despite her low Magic and horrendous Defense (2 Defense at Lvl. 7, mind you), she can tank Thunders all day with a whopping 12 Resistance. If you need a Magic tank, Sylvia is the unit you're looking for.

7. Hugo - You go, Hugo! He's got decent stats all across the board, 10 Skill for a Brigand is huge, after all. 15 Con ensures he's not weighed down by anything you give him at this stage of the game, 31 HP lets him survive a decent amount of hits, and his Speed ensures he doesn't get doubled. He's got low Defense and exactly 1 Resistance though, but so far, he's performed surprisingly well.

8. Lanora - She's got pretty well-rounded stats, but I use her over Sylvia due to Lanora's higher Magic and Defense. The fact that a young girl in a cotton robe has more Defense than half of my units both irks and amuses me. 

9. Kristoph - He's got average stats, but he has excellent Skill and Strength. Not much to say, honestly.

10. Braxton - He and Corvan are the physical wall that keep enemies away, great HP and Defense, plus enough Speed to avoid getting doubled is simply excellent. His Skill's a bit on the low end though, and 10 Con does mean he gets weighed down.

11. Corvan - Along with Braxton, Corvan is a true tank. Great Strength, good Skill, and excellent Defense, though he does get doubled by a few enemies, and his Resistance is a bit on the low side.  

12. Melusine - I've seen a lot of people complain about Melusine, and initially, I was one of them. Now, however, I'm using her since she's pretty busted for a Light magic user. 12 Magic and 15 Speed, combined with the ability to use Shine unhindered at Lvl. 13 is pretty powerful. She can take a few magic attacks, but she's got below average Defense. Overall, excellent unit.

I'm not going to give Lucille any commentary, since she's a Convoy. I will say, however, the story is arguably the best I've seen in any Fire Emblem game, second only to The Sacred Stones because of Orson (Orson is my favorite character from any FE game, fight me). Every character feels real, with their own flaws and traits that separate them from the others. So far, my favorite character is Ava, she seems the most fleshed out despite her reluctance to share her feelings.

Overall, 9/10. The game does get very painfully difficult sometimes, but the story and characters are top tier for a Fire Emblem game. With careful planning and the right matchup, even the toughest of chapters can be managed (aside from a few resets here and there). I love it!

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, john_123warrior said:

Anyone got a recruitment guide? I don't wanna miss any recruitable unit.

The overwhelming majority are either:
- Automatic
- Recruited by Vance
- In a village and can be recruited by anyone

For the few that don't follow this, here's a guide (contains story spoilers):

Spoiler

Hugo -> Use Torie
Melusine -> Use Hugo
O'Riley (Ch8) -> Use Aaron
Calista, Bethany -> Use Ava
Marveda -> Choose Orontes
Russel-> Choose Prydain

The last two are mutually exclusive. Whoever you don't choose shows up in the final chapter automatically.