The Road to Ruin [Complete] [v3.0.3 Released!]

Primefusion

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you improved it that much. Becuase the old version looked, no offense, pretty bad.

Haha, no offense taken because I thought the exact same thing XD

Hmm, maybe I should try to improve other maps. Not sure which though.

Chapter 11 is nearly complete but I'm taking a break from playtesting to bring you a graphics update!

FmXtu.png

Behold, the new background for the statscreen. It's simple, but I really like it!

Here it is in game:

XBVCX.png

Just wondering why they're all second teirs. But I think it won't be distracting, as windows will be blocking it and taking center most of the time, and it looks good as a border without being overly distracting. And it's nice to look at for the split second when the window scrolls.

That is awesome! That most have taken you a long time.

No, not really. It's just using FEditor to get the enemy cards and erasing the borders. Then copy/pasta

Heya Prime, pretty nifty idea, but I think there's too much goin' on there. It's pretty distracting, and it takes away from something that could be much, much better.

Suggestions? I included all 14 classes because I didn't want anyone feeling left out D=

The sprites look a little too dark compared to the background you have them against. Dim it a little?

I'll see what I can do. Granted I'm restricted to 16 colors (Bascially what the cards use) but hopefully it'll all work out.

It's like a pokemon fanfare all of a sudden XD

I lol'd

Just wondering why they're all second teirs. But I think it won't be distracting, as windows will be blocking it and taking center most of the time, and it looks good as a border without being overly distracting. And it's nice to look at for the split second when the window scrolls.

They're all tier 2 because tier 1 is boring and mixing them wouldn't make sense IMO.

I'm just gonna be a game-breaker by saying I really don't like it...

As Seph and Joe said it's far too busy and distracting. And imo it doesn't look good either.

But if you and other people like it, I'll just have to cope with it.

Just giving out my own personal opinion about it~

I don't know alot about programs like paint and such, but if he could get the images small enough, one idea would be to place them around the border of the screen. Sucks that the actual stat screens cover up most of it no matter what you do.

I'd say it was a good idea in theory, but it just doesn't work, and distracts the eye. Still, I do encourage you to get a custom statscreen background, just...not that one.

Yes, that is true. Your ability comprehend is mind-numbing.

How anyone feels about the screen is an opinion. It's good to be reminded about that, since apparently, some of us forget that at times.

Edited by Celice

I would love to see that somewhere in there, because it looks really awesome IMO. But it kind of distracts as a statscreen thing (and sage is totally covered by the screens, so you kind of are leaving something out even with it D:)

That'd be a fantastic title screen thing though, or maybe for the menu.

Alright, Ch 11 is officially complete and after a final playtest through the whole game everything works too! What an embarrassment v0.2 was sad.gif And so that also means I'm ready for FEE3 which is when v0.3 will be released.

Here's some Ch 11 screens since I haven't really shared a whole lot of info about it:

Ch11Teaser2.png

Ch11Teaser3.png

As well as one of the many changes coming with v0.3:

Ch5Addition.png

Hmm, I wonder what was in that chest? :3

I guess I'll also mention that you'll be getting that statscreen background I showcased earlier (I'm still attached to it). But, rest assured that I will design a new background for the next release Hopefully people won't hate it as much