The Road to Ruin [Complete] [v3.0.3 Released!]

Primefusion

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started dabbling with midi insertion.

This is Glimpses of History, a song I composed myself to be the title screen song. The looping still needs work though =/

Oh ya, and chapter 1 is getting a revamp too.

9a7deb0a171428d06291a7287c67a9eb.png

• 10 months later...

Whoa what.

It's still alive?

I don't even....

So, now that it's summer break I've had a good chunk more free time. And with that comes the rebirth of TRTR. It wasn't easy, though. There was a lot of CPR, two defibs, and a syringe were all involved.

So, what's new?

I suppose the biggest announcement for this project is the inclusion of more chocolate.

Say what?

Chocolate as in completely brand new characters, silly! No more reusing vanilla mugs aside from generic villagers and whatnot. Totally new characters with their own personalities.

Bitchin'. So, how are things going?

I suppose the best way to explain my progress is through some screenshots, since everyone likes those.

[spoiler=Screens are a go!]

v10Preview.png

That ought to be enough to tide you over for a bit.

Some new things to watch for:

1) Improved, completely redone, or even brand new main story chapters.

2) The inclusion of gaiden chapters.

3) A new emphasis on writing which is something I've been striving to improve on.

I hope to release a new patch some time during or shortly after FEE3 so stay tuned!

Woo!

It's no longer an Elibe hack. I think.

It's still set in Elibe since I like being able to narrate with the world map. The story just has nothing to do with FE7 or 6. Hopefully that's enough for peeps to not rage

I'll see what I can do about the soldier.

inspired by klok cuz he kept bitching at me about it

Ya-nope. I've bitchin' about it to myself long before you started.

Stoked, that this is back in action. The Chocolatization takes away my last reserve about this hack actually.

Glad to hear it!

Haha, this is gonna be great to play at FEE3. I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

Uh-oh, now there's expectations! D:

• 1 month later...

I've been making some good progress lately so here's a few new screens of what's to come.

v10Preview2.png

The interlude, as you may have guessed, is purely a story chapter. Plot points are going to be introduced and discussed and additional story-central characters will be introduced as well.

It's the beginning of "Act 2" if you will if TRTR were a play.

What sets interludes apart? I don't exactly get it.

There's no actual chapter to play. A lot of character discussion and plot points occur instead. I did it because it didn't seem right to cram a bunch of overall plot stuff in and then also have the individual chapter plot stuff as well. It just seemed a bit much.

Release will probably be early September at this point.

There's no actual chapter to play. A lot of character discussion and plot points occur instead. I did it because it didn't seem right to cram a bunch of overall plot stuff in and then also have the individual chapter plot stuff as well. It just seemed a bit much.

Release will probably be early September at this point.

Cool and awww, respectively. Story is good.

Nice FEE3 showing, really cool chapter design. Pretty cool short convos showing different soldier's home lives. Continueing along that line, please make the protagonists fight for something better than nationalism by the end of the game.

But why can't characters with faces gain experience?

Also, nice map narration.

Edited by deranger

• 3 weeks later...

Man, ROM hacking has been pretty active lately. I'm half way down the second page within like 3 weeks haha. Have more screens:

v10Preview3.png

I'm getting pretty close to release. Just doing some touchups while I wait on some portraits/frames for portraits.

156xi.png

rename him Gestapo and I'd love you forever.

In all seriousness, this is looking great and I can't wait and all that crap~

But.

That map in the top left. The palette. You're aware of the color differences there, and, are you per chance going to fix that?

I made a fix of that tileset, so maybe you could implement it? Because right now it looks glaringly terrible o 3o.

156xi.png

rename him Gestapo and I'd love you forever.

In all seriousness, this is looking great and I can't wait and all that crap~

But.

That map in the top left. The palette. You're aware of the color differences there, and, are you per chance going to fix that?

I made a fix of that tileset, so maybe you could implement it? Because right now it looks glaringly terrible o 3o.

no shut up feawr you stupid piece of shit i hate you why can't you just die or something ugh