Reverse Fire Emblem

StinDuh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fe7 would be a bad example, nergal mode imo.

FE7 Fang Mode would interest me so much more. You'd get the appearance from sonia, jaffar & nergal. You would get orders, like hunting down ninian & nils. So you find them, and you (ursula in this case, though a bad example since she adores sonia) leave a lower in command behind to deal with Lyndis Legion, while you go out and get into other trouble, discovering nergals evil plans along the way. Through gaiden chapters you would be able to avoid the deaths of the four fangs, who would eventually team up against the dragon & nergal, with eliwoods army. Together we ride.

I'd really like that, being able to save the reed brothers & ursula from limstella through gaiden chapters, if you did not uncover enough information you won't go to the gaiden and limstella comes in and takes your quintessence! This would also have RD's shifting view mode, since your lords are all over the place, Reed brothers & Ursula. & Jaffar untill he defects, and later rejoins the last chapter. =D

Someone, go put this in a hack. ;___;

Nice idea vicious Sal. I always thought that the Reed Bros and Ursula had a lot more charisma than other antagonists. It would make an interesting hack.

I idea of starting as the bad guy is a fresh spin on things, but I don't think it would be all that interesting unless at some point the main lord has an ethical epiphany and in so loses everything. You would then have to rebuild your strength, build bonds with your former enemies and go against your former allies. FE7 would be a good basis so that Lyn mode could be used for the early game Evil-affinity chapters with Eliwood mode being when the main lord starts trying to amened for his former misdeeds. Halfway though you would re-encounter all of your former characters now as enemies. Some could be recruitable by different means, but there is the option to have a really tragic plot by making some former allies permanent enemies.

Nice idea vicious Sal. I always thought that the Reed Bros and Ursula had a lot more charisma than other antagonists. It would make an interesting hack.

I idea of starting as the bad guy is a fresh spin on things, but I don't think it would be all that interesting unless at some point the main lord has an ethical epiphany and in so loses everything. You would then have to rebuild your strength, build bonds with your former enemies and go against your former allies. FE7 would be a good basis so that Lyn mode could be used for the early game Evil-affinity chapters with Eliwood mode being when the main lord starts trying to amened for his former misdeeds. Halfway though you would re-encounter all of your former characters now as enemies. Some could be recruitable by different means, but there is the option to have a really tragic plot by making some former allies permanent enemies.

I don't like this idea. I really just think it'd be fun to be evil for awhile.

You could also do it Shadow the Hedgehog style, if anyone remembers that game. Essentially you chose whether you'd like to be evil or good. And the games happenings would reflect your decisions.

I don't like this idea. I really just think it'd be fun to be evil for awhile.

You could also do it Shadow the Hedgehog style, if anyone remembers that game. Essentially you chose whether you'd like to be evil or good. And the games happenings would reflect your decisions.

so you get 3 objectives per chapter? and depending on which one you pick you turn Evil/Good/Neutral/a Clone

I don't know about being EVIL, but I'd like a game where the lord has to make difficult moral decisions (that take time, too. For example, the problem is introduced in chapter 9 and isn't resolved until like chapter 12 and it's not part of the main plot) the entire reason for fighting is questionable. You follow one side, but it's not a "good vs evil" thing. Shady characters on your side (and I mean really shady) difficult decisions and the reason for the entire conflict the game revolves around being questionable? That would grab me a lot more than "X lord is good and everyone who joins them is moral and good and we're fighting an evil man/monster/god/whatever."

I don't know about being EVIL, but I'd like a game where the lord has to make difficult moral decisions (that take time, too. For example, the problem is introduced in chapter 9 and isn't resolved until like chapter 12 and it's not part of the main plot) the entire reason for fighting is questionable. You follow one side, but it's not a "good vs evil" thing. Shady characters on your side (and I mean really shady) difficult decisions and the reason for the entire conflict the game revolves around being questionable? That would grab me a lot more than "X lord is good and everyone who joins them is moral and good and we're fighting an evil man/monster/god/whatever."

Yeah this would be a better idea actually and I would have suggested something similar had you not brought it up.

I don't think it needs to be a very long game though. I would be fine if it lasted around 25 chapters(e.g. the average FE chapter length) plus a couple of prologue chapters.

Edited by BerserkerBarst

You mean like FE10? The game that everyone complained about because they hated the plotline?

You mean like FE10? The game that everyone complained about because they hated the plotline?

I really liked the plotline of FE10. And I don't see how that relates at all. FE10 was more of like "were the things we were originally fighting for just?"

Now the other idea is absolutely splendid. Indeed, I would agree it's a better idea than my original!

This is pretty much exactly why I like Yggdra Union's story so much. And yeah, I agree that it would be a really good idea.

Also, as StinDuh said, rather than let the main Lord make the decisions on his own and move the story forward, it would be pretty cool if YOU had to make the difficult choices from these conflicting options. And your decision would affect the direction that the story goes and stuff like that...

I thought about making YOU make the decisions, but I don't know about that. I'd want to not know how the story is going to develop at all. What if I genuinely have no idea how the main character will make the decision? If you make them, unless they're REALLY tough decisions, I feel it takes away from the story. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing this one get a T rating, maybe a fairly high T rating. I want a very mature story out of Fire Emblem.

And I liked parts of FE10's plot. Some of it was just... not so great. It could have been done better, the but the base was good. Well, until Part 4 came along and it became "We're ALL good and we're fighting the EVIL guys." I was looking forward to how Part 3 would turn out, and I was afraid everyone would join together to defeat the Begnion senators which, at the time, seemed to me like a lame way to end it. Then Part 4 happened.

Edited by Rewjeo

I thought about making YOU make the decisions, but I don't know about that. I'd want to not know how the story is going to develop at all. What if I genuinely have no idea how the main character will make the decision? If you make them, unless they're REALLY tough decisions, I feel it takes away from the story. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing this one get a T rating, maybe a fairly high T rating. I want a very mature story out of Fire Emblem.

And I liked parts of FE10's plot. Some of it was just... not so great. It could have been done better, the but the base was good. Well, until Part 4 came along and it became "We're ALL good and we're fighting the EVIL guys." I was looking forward to how Part 3 would turn out, and I was afraid everyone would join together to defeat the Begnion senators which, at the time, seemed to me like a lame way to end it. Then Part 4 happened.

Haha. Go all out on a very mature Fire Emblem... Blood. Gore. Sexual Themes.... Oh goodness. It'd be such a weird Fire Emblem.

But the point is that you make the decisions based on how you feel, not based on how you think the character would feel. That would be the point. If you weren't the main character technically, you could do it FE7 style and be the "tactician". Except actually make decisions, rather than just be told what you're doing.

I wouldn't want it BLOODY, and sexual themes shouldn't be too prominent. Involved to some degree, but not there as fanservice or anything.

It would be really hard to come up with a lot of decisions where the player would have hard time choosing, though.

I wouldn't want it BLOODY, and sexual themes shouldn't be too prominent. Involved to some degree, but not there as fanservice or anything.

It would be really hard to come up with a lot of decisions where the player would have hard time choosing, though.

Oh, I was merely making a joke. I'd hate fire emblem if it were bloody and gory.

Mmm....bloody fire emblem.....not necessary, but I'm okay with that.

Maybe there should be special job classes available only to those who choose the more "amoral" choices.

Actually, wait wait wait...I got an idea.

The main character could be from land foreign to the setting, perhaps as a diplomat/adventurer/mercenary.

He/she could bring a small group with bodyguards, so you'd get your typical archer, cavalier duo, knight....etc....or just to be "exotic" you'd get your myrmidon/mercenary duo, a soldier...or something that's different to the usual starting party.

So, as a foreigner, you could be making your way to the rulers of the land. On the way there, you'll be fighting off brigands and whatnot (or choosing to side with them to pillage the village).

By the time you get to the midgame, you'll decide. Should you conquer and subjugate this foreign land, or aid it in some way....or make peace with it? If you choose to conquer it, will you genocide your way through or just defeat them honorably and make them a vassal (although they'll still be really pissed).

I may have been playing too much Dragon Age 2, but this plotline would be more about your character's rise to power, not a typical good vs. evil kind of thing. Your methods are many, and your choices can very well determine who joins and who leaves (and dies).

And this is somewhat off-topic, but I do wish job classes from different countries looked different. So say...maybe your foreign soldiers would look a bit exotic-y (1500s Japan) like this: aum_Inf_Sword_Katana_Ashigaru.pngSamurai_Cav_Great_Guard-1.jpg

As opposed to this (medieval Europe): Merc_ds.PNGPaladinDS.PNG

Edited by skitarii

That could be interesting. I would like to see more differences in how units look. But that's not quite the story I was thinking of. It would be more like the main character is in charge of some group of whatever size in an army. His/her country goes to war. It isn't a good vs. evil war or anything, and along the way there are decisions he/she has to make in which either both sides are amoral or he/she has to decide between something risky and moral or letting something bad happen. I guess it could be player's choice. Do you want to play a very difficult and dangerous chapter and probably lose units or let that town burn? Do you want to hire this rather shady character for his valuable skills, or keep an honorable crowd around you?

I think it would be interesting to BE the main character now.

Multiple branches could be interesting. Like Starfox 64's main game, where things done affected which path you took. It could even be as little as how the enemy AI works. For example, completing a chapter very quickly means enemies on the next one aren't quite in position - or even have back-up due to the perceived threat, or thieves have already unlocked some doors. Leaving enemies alive could mean that some would reappear later. It'd be nice to have dialogue to reflect this, like the enemy general panicking.

That could be interesting. I would like to see more differences in how units look. But that's not quite the story I was thinking of. It would be more like the main character is in charge of some group of whatever size in an army. His/her country goes to war. It isn't a good vs. evil war or anything, and along the way there are decisions he/she has to make in which either both sides are amoral or he/she has to decide between something risky and moral or letting something bad happen. I guess it could be player's choice. Do you want to play a very difficult and dangerous chapter and probably lose units or let that town burn? Do you want to hire this rather shady character for his valuable skills, or keep an honorable crowd around you?

That's cool too, sort of reminds me of Baldur's Gate in your choice of evil/good party companions. Although I'd still like the choice to burn enemy towns to cripple the enemy (making future chapters easier) at the risk of taking a huge popularity hit.

Multiple branches could be interesting. Like Starfox 64's main game, where things done affected which path you took. It could even be as little as how the enemy AI works. For example, completing a chapter very quickly means enemies on the next one aren't quite in position - or even have back-up due to the perceived threat, or thieves have already unlocked some doors. Leaving enemies alive could mean that some would reappear later. It'd be nice to have dialogue to reflect this, like the enemy general panicking.

That adds an extra strategic element, which I'm all for.

This could also be expanding into your group having an overall "Moral Morale" factor, which could influence events, or other such things. For instance, let's say you let that village burn. Your overall morale would suffer. In turn, the citizenry would start distrusting you, and some of your members would leave, losing trust in your guidance. However, if you were to attempt to save the village, you may lose a member or two, but your morale would go WAY up, and there might be a powerful addition to your army you could recruit afterwards. Also, different characters could be recruited with different Moral Morale factors. For instance, high Morale among your group would attract new characters that seemed to be more moral, while low Morale would attract new characters that were relatively shady, but had super awesome skills like previously mentioned. Recruiting the shady character would further deepen your Moral Morale, but you never know if he has some "friends" with similar skill....

I agree with skitarii; this would be excellent for different strategies. It could also be expanded upon in addition to Rewjeo's ideas. Like if the enemy were one you didn't necessarily want to be fighting, sparing more enemies would boost overall Moral Morale, but the enemies could show up later if not killed. It'd just be cool to see more complexity in the works of Fire Emblem, rather than the same old same old.

I agree with skitarii; this would be excellent for different strategies. It could also be expanded upon in addition to Rewjeo's ideas. Like if the enemy were one you didn't necessarily want to be fighting, sparing more enemies would boost overall Moral Morale, but the enemies could show up later if not killed. It'd just be cool to see more complexity in the works of Fire Emblem, rather than the same old same old.

More complexity does not necessarily make the game better. Fire Emblem is already a very complex game - I don't think it needs to be more elaborate than it is now.

Edited by Black★Star

More complexity does not necessarily make the game better. Fire Emblem is already a very complex game - I don't think it needs to be more elaborate than it is now.

The game is indeed elaborate, but it really hasn't changed all that much. I'd just like to see more stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This idea is great. I personally, would want an army like in Serafew of FE8. Of course..your units would suck but at least you would have a lot of them. As for the idea of being elite bad guys...well...wouldnt that be nearly the same as playing FE normally? Besides the fact that you can destroy buildings as a bandit -_-

• 2 weeks later...

Playing as a neutral mercenary group who can go down either path would be pretty nice if being evil offends the fanbase.

Edited by skitarii

It would be quite a nice concept, I agree.

The idea of playing a bad guy isn't what IS has in mind though probably.

Zelgius isn't what I would call "a bad guy," he's loyal, and honorable. He showed respect when he refuses to defeat an unarmed opponent. Not like he kills innocents or whatnot of his own will.

He's the antagonist of the game I quite agree, but if circumstances were a bit different, he can absolutely no change to his character and still qualify as a protagonist.

Using the same basis for a "bad guy," FE, it would be quite an enjoyable read, but in like some stories with similar basis, it'll be this.

Soldier guy

Soldier guy works his way through the ranks.

Invades kingdom with army.

Soldier guy now General guy.

General guy moves to face the good guy's army.

General guy kills them all

Successful invasion and the end.

General guy finally sees the truth behind all this.

He rebels.

He loses against overwhelming odds.

General guy was washed ashore

General guy treated by kind people, citizens of the opposing army's land.

General guy reforms and returns.

General guy wins.

The End

For the basis of a good story, if he were truly evil(or loyal whatever), the story would end at the slashed line. He can start out as bad guy for the first half, then extend out to being good. Long hearty process, but he can have two personas, or just keep the same throughout the story.