Fire Emblem - Crossover Hack 2.0

Mikey Séregon

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I can get NUPS working with Wine, I'll have to stick with the program I mentioned earlier, MultiPatch. It supports UPS and IPS, among a couple other file types I've never heard of.

• 1 month later...

I'm new to the whole FE Hacks scene and this is one of the first I tried out.

This is awesome. Excellent work both of you. In fact, from this, I've been interested in getting into FE hacking myself (on the art side at least). Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to the next demo of this!

And is one of those silhouette's Alivs...

EDIT: Rather than post, I'll just edit this.

Sorry, didn't realize the project was in-active. My mistake.

Edited by Shun One

I'm new to the whole FE Hacks scene and this is one of the first I tried out.

This is awesome. Excellent work both of you. In fact, from this, I've been interested in getting into FE hacking myself (on the art side at least). Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to the next demo of this!

And is one of those silhouette's Alivs...

Please do not necropost. People will see it and be let down because they'll think it was updated, as well as it is breaking the rules. :p

I am glad that you liked the project but the thread has been inactive since April.

Edited by eCut

Since the thread's been reawakened, however, I might as well add that the guy/group is still working on stuff, as I just finished up a resource for them to use in one of their projects. They also post stuff on their facebook group too, from time to time.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fire-Emblem-Crossover-Hack-20/137020753049272

So if peeps are interested in the project's activity, check here!

We're still working on this, but we haven't made an important update, we're focusing on revamping mugs and animations.

Also I'm working on another side-story (This time without material taken without permission XD)

To not let this topic without updates, here are the new silhouettes~

wus7r9.png

I need to fix some details in some mugs, revamp Cyas, add Eliwood, Lyn and Hector's extra mugs and they'll be done :) (the allies, at least >_>)

Why does it look like Roy is staring at the ground?

It appears to be his FE:A design, which has that kind of pose.

I am really curious to see Eliwood, his silhouette looks quite cool.

Secret #3 totally isn't Lyon.

Ephraim is based on his FE8 artwork... zippipozo.gif

I could write a small essay on the possible meanings of zippipozo.gif. I don't intend to, though.

Also this doesn't change the fact that Ephraim's artwork pose looks fine and dandy in art but looks awkward as hell as a mug, as the silhouette shows.

EDIT: Basically, the FE8 artwork has him tensed like he's walking, or in any case it's a still of a fluid pose. Having it be his mug implies that's how he looks WHEN HE'S TALKING.

Edited by Furetchen

Ephraim is based on his FE8 artwork...

First, the tl;dr version: Using a dynamic pose like that is a bad idea. As a result, Ephraim is now awkwardly posed and his body is too small.

The full statement is gonna expand upon Furet's post, starting with a simple comparison:

dnME3.png

=/=

5W9lN.png

Now you're asking why I'd make such a bold statement. Well, it's all in the pose. Luzan's only looking at the shoulders up, rather than the whole upper body. This results in your Ephraim having a really small body compared to his art. First I'll say that artwork is a VERY awkward pose for just standing around. It's more of an action shot, where he's possibly preparing to chuck a javelin at some poor sap. For just standing around though? I don't know many people who just idle about leaning that far back without a wall behind them. Frankly, it's not a good pose for a run-of-the-mill Fire Emblem portrait.

Now, for the nitty-gritty. His body is simply too small, there's no two ways about it. I asked Lumi to trace over the artwork and give a rough idea of what Ephraim's body structure would be. This is what she came up with.

yrHYU.png

It doesn't fit the shape of his armor, naturally, since armor rests on top of the body rather than flush with it. Add the billowy cape to that and you have even more volume in his body.

Now let's look at how Luzan's silhouette lines up with that.

m4I9F.png

Seeing what's wrong with this picture? The body outline is extending outside of the silhouette, the farthest edge of which is the billowy cape. This gives the illusion of your Ephraim being, at largest, a pipsqueak. This is especially true if Luzan is attempting to match the pose exactly. If I'm misinterpreting and his body is more upright than in the OA, which I doubt given the angle of the neck, then the body might only be slightly too small. Either way, being "based off of artwork" is not a good excuse for Ephraim being smaller than non-combat units like Nils or Ninian

I don't know how many people are on your art team, but you need more than just Luzan. Even if she's the only one spriting, you need other spriters to provide her with much needed feedback, as this was just one of the portraits and I have no idea how many others will have the same problems. Or you can just call us "stupid yankees" and such on your forum again and pretend everything's just peachy.

Edited by The Blind Archer

WHAOU!!! I so much want to play... I think I discover who are secret characters and enemies... Sanaki, Lehran, Lyon, Othlin, Chrom then Michalis, Alvis and Camus/Zeke/Sirius.

About Ephraim... I think I should wait until the fully color mug to see if the result is weird...

End to conclude:

VOTE FOR

CELICE X CELICA

921356CeliceCelica.png

wait... it's no longer the subject

Edited by Apollocles

@TBA: Well... at least you express yourself with a lot of explanation than just saying that is horrible. And you're right, his pose isn't very natural, I actually thought about it when I made him. I think I can change his body, since his head isnt that bad.

And I would love to have some more help with the mugs, but is kind of difficult if Oracle doesn't want me to show them... and it's difficult to have the same point of view than everybody, I'm doing my best to let almost everybody "happy" with the result (I know isn't possible to let everybody happy)

I actually want to make clear that I'm not trying to copy the GBA style perfectly, for me is just enough that everybody looks fine, and I don't see why it should be considered as something negative.

Wow and I actually think you 2 (Luzan and Oracle) have died and left me alone xD since I last saw you watching the E3 stream.

About the Ephraim face thingy, I surely think its better to see all the thing coloured before having conclusions, tho supporting Luzan the idea isnt to copy the GBA style, but to make her own style in order to please us all, and at least if you ask me I like the way she does it.

On the other hand, I have been writting some supports these days, will probably send them to Oracle, saying this as an "update", since obviously Iamnot going to type the support conversations here xD, but now fans can see that somebody is "thinking" about them, as I have been writting some more

I actually want to make clear that I'm not trying to copy the GBA style perfectly, for me is just enough that everybody looks fine, and I don't see why it should be considered as something negative.

It shouldn't be. You've got a ton of us who are liking the different style and are looking forward to seeing your stuff when they're unveiled :) If a few people don't like it, that's fine.