Fire Emblem - Crossover Hack 2.0

Mikey Séregon

I'd like it if it were more consistent. The old Riku and Thar mugs weren't the best for GBAFE shading, but they had their own feel, and their own shading style. I liked that. But when Luzan's Tana was posted, it was sort of not at all like the shading on the other two. It was rather grotesque. If Luzan can make her shading work like she did for those first two, on all the sprites, I know I'd be pleased.

JUST MY TWO CENTS~

Edited by seph1212

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shouldn't be. You've got a ton of us who are liking the different style and are looking forward to seeing your stuff when they're unveiled :) If a few people don't like it, that's fine.

This. For me, her faces are a bit overshadowed, but even so, I really like her spriting style. Being different doesn't mean being worse.

Dammit you fucking shitty forum stop deleting my damn posts asdf

tl;dr version of what I said

most people won't be able to tell the difference so just put in the effort and aim for it to be good and if you only end up pleasing 85-90% of the people as opposed to all 100%, anyone who's human should understand that you guys aren't perfect and don't have the time or resources to achieve such a level of perfectness.

While Ephraim is probably a bit more obvious of a weird outline and whatnot, most people (cough, NOT the people on this forum who know a lot about spriting, drawing, etc.) probably won't even complain or think about slightly awkward sprites here and there if they are mostly perfect. The other 10% who do, you try to please, but don't let them pressure you into putting 2x as much effort to please 1.1x the amount of people if you guys have lives etc. (if you guys don't have anything better to do, then by all means listen to the critique until every last dude and dudess are happy).

I'd like it if it were more consistent. The old Riku and Thar mugs weren't the best for GBAFE shading, but they had their own feel, and their own shading style. I liked that. But when Luzan's Tana was posted, it was sort of not at all like the shading on the other two. It was rather grotesque. If Luzan can make her shading work like she did for those first two, on all the sprites, I know I'd be pleased.

That was a reason to remake all the mugs, to have them all with the same shading style.

And I'm going to fix Tana, since I do realize that she has a lot of issues with the hair and size.

And thanks for the kind words guys, it's nice to read that :)

Edited by Luzan

Just remember that any mug fixes can be done at any time and released in a later patch--progress need not be held up in updating portraits! A second addendum patch can be released later on which will add in the updated/revised portraits.

And I would love to have some more help with the mugs, but is kind of difficult if Oracle doesn't want me to show them...

Then I propose a simple solution to that; find an artist or two that your team is willing to confide in. Someone who knows their sprites well enough to help your sprites have the consistency they need while still looking presentable, but is also capable of keeping their mouth shut when it comes to the public.

I have the feeling that a fail FEWOD user is gonna post right now...

EDIT: Hmm... He's taking his time.

EDIT2: Meh, this was a bad call. The info is in the next line. Continue reading. A bit more.

As long as I know, some faces will be revealed tomorrow or so.

Edited by Akagami

Yeah, Oracle allowed me to show the mugs... but now I want to fix a couple of details on some of them.

They're going to be revealed very soon, hopefully.

Excitement. I have it. I enjoyed your other custom mugs so I'm looking forward to seeing these

He took his time, but finally he posted. Twice. And I'm not your master, I'm ashamed of you. Pfffff.

Dear Loo-Chan, please show the mugs! We all want to see the mugs for different reasons. Perro would want you to show the mugs. I'm definitely sure.

The Face of Ephraim of Luzan is very Good, i like this hack,Oracle.

Olé toro, Coño, tio Hello Master!

You my Loving Master, is true gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Luzan the face of eirika is based in...?

I don't know why, but the "tone" of this person reminds me of a certain FE7if promoter.

The Face of Ephraim of Luzan is very Good

Yeah, I mean Dei did some criticism based on the silhouette, but even we can't tell the specifics until the mug's released.

*shrug*

And from what Luzan says, they're fixing the shading.

*Can't stand broken English HYPE*

Edited by shadowofchaos

Maybe I'm just not used to the style, but they kinda look weird. Mostly the face shapes. But other than that... man, those mugs... they look good.

nvm i'll just go to fewod and see 'em

i like ike and langbart, everything else is just afsdgfgfg

EDIT: wasnt really zooming in, ike is asdgfhgj too, langbart is the only one i like.

Edited by Dig Bick

Copypaste of the original post HERE:

w2k0g6.png

Yuria hecha por Arcfalchion (user de DA, no sé que nick tendrá si es que está en algún foro)

Kanningu hecha por Kanningu

Micaiah hecha por no recuerdo qué user

Sheeda hecha por Ike Emblem

Elincia hecha por otro user de serene

Mia hecha por Enex (con unos retoques xD)

Sanaki hecha por RoyM

Langobart hecho por TBA

Soren hecho por... eh... se me olvidó xD

Todo el resto hecho por mí -___-

Edited by Akagami