Fire Emblem - Crossover Hack 2.0

Mikey Séregon

Monsters? Oh Boy! Let's hope that means Dragons or Mamkutes but I wouldnt mind seeing a Revenant or two. (BO2 has got me into the zombie craze again)

There are Bonewalkers, Gargoyles and Tarvos, I'm trying to put Draco Zombies, but I'm having problems with the weapon locks...

I have to lock 8 different swords, and there are only 7 locks... plus one of the locks have a "bug", it cuts out the weapon details... It's the Dragon Lock, and I don't know how to fix it... seems that it needs ASM.

Somebody knows how to have more than 7 weapon locks?

And I'm bad making maps... that's why it's simple...

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get away with using the same weapon lock on multiple units so long as their weapon types are different and their locked weapons have a weapon rank so as to disallow the others to use it.

...of course, you'd have to drop some swords from the equation. xD

It's kinda impossible drop a sword...

Falchion - Marth/Krom

Tyrfing - Celice/Sigurd

Light Sword/Blagi Sword - Leaf

Sword of Seals - Roy

Sieglinde - Eirika

Regal Blade/Ragnel - Ike

Amiti - Elincia

Mani Katti/Sol Katti/Wo Dao - Myrmidons/Swordmasters/Lyn

Why should Leaf and Ike have two swords? Give Leaf the Blagi Sword and Ike Ragnell, make Light Sword available for everyone, drop Regal Sword, and possibly have Eirika and Elincia share a weapon.

The Light Sword gives +5 Luck, that's why is Leaf-Only.

For the Amiti and the Sieglinde, they'll share the same lock, both Eirika and Elincia are princesses and that would be an excuse to do it XD

And I have another update:

nlospl.png

The background is temporal...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Wow, it's been a long time since my last post here... XD

Here's a resume of most the work done:

1. New magic tomes with custom animations.

Since I figured out how to make and insert my own CSA (The FEditor didn't allow me to do that, yet I fixed that issue with an old version that I found)

Here is the new list:

Anima

Fire

Elfire

Arcfire (WIP)

Meteor (WIP)

Bolganone (WIP)

Falaflame (WIP)

Thunder

Elthunder (Done)

Arcthunder (I'm planning to use BwdYeti's one, but I don't have permission yet)

Bolting

Thoron (WIP)

Wind (Done, need some sound fixes)

Elwind (Done)

Arcwind (WIP)

Storm (WIP)

Tornado (WIP)

Ice (Done)

Elice (Done)

Arcice (Done)

Blizzard (Uses Fimbulvetr animation)

Glacier (WIP)

Holywind (Uses Excalibur animartion)

Light

Lightning

Shine

Divine

Purge

Aura

Narga (WIP)

Thani (Done)

Dark (Attack)

Flux

Carreau (WIP)

Shadowshot (WIP)

Swarm (Done, credits to Blazer/Luffy/Burning Gravity)

Fenrir

Dark (Effect)

Worm (WIP)

Gravity (WIP)

Nosferatu

Eclipse

Luna

Green: Uses FEGBA or FEDS animations.

Red: From other game or full custom.

Also I set a effectiveness to all magics except for dark (Wind = Fliers, Ice = Dragons [Not Dragon Knights], Thuder = Dragon Knights, Fire = Bonewalkers and Tarvos, Light = Monsters), also Dark magic is splitted into Attack and Effect, the attack branch is the most powerful, and effect branch is pretty obvious what it does.

2. New characters.

I've made a poll in Facebook and FEWoD to include a TRS character, the choices were Zeek and Holmes, the chosen character was... well, that's a secret~

Also, I've included two custom characters.

3. Changes in the staff.

Kanningu lefts the project... she helped me with some sprites, and she made a decent work, but since I lost contact with her about a year, the staff decided get her out... Her character won't be playable, but it'll remain as NPC.

Sol HolyYogurth is now the new member of the staff, he is helping me now with some artworks, sprites and with others things.

[spoiler=Representation of this changes]xcitle.png

*Kanningu before being replaced by Soleil*

Art by Sol HolyYogurth

4. New battle backgounds.

Finally, I've decided to use the DS ones XP

5. WLC (Winrar Locked Content)

It's a concept that I'm working, basically are Artworks, Beta Version of the characters, unused things, etc., locked in the winrar with the patch or in separated downloads, and you get the password by triggering certain events in the hack.

(I had this idea before the launching of FE:Awakening and the DLC chapters, but I didn't mention this before, because I wasn't sure to use this concept and still I'm not sure)

And some other things will be revealed in the FEE3.

So, what do you think?

Edited by Mikey Séregon

• 3 weeks later...

dafuq, it didn't even glitch! :O lol you're using FEditor, right?

looks good, I personally didn't like the quality of Aura that I got so I didn't use it.

WLC sounds sweet though there's the simple issue of people sharing passwords. I thought about doing something similar but ultimately you can't stop people from sharing files or savedata or passwords, so unlike real DLC, it comes down to the people to play things how it's intended and not "cheat" to the new content. Not a huge deal, just something that's there. Personally, I just decided to include my "DLC" as actual content in the game and delay the patch a bit as well as add a new system for that content. It was a bit more work but I think it's nearly enjoyable, maybe even more so since some people probably see DLC/add-on content as a headache.

Yaeh, I used FEditor, maybe the emulator you used to rip the animation has troubles with the ROM.

For the WLC, I know the issues about sharing passwords, I can't do anything for that... Neither I can put wallpapers and artworks in the ROM XD

• 2 months later...

Well, here's the trailer for the next demo.

And here's the translation for the final dialogues:

Nergal: Are you looking for somebody?
Do you want revenge?
Join me and I'll help you to achieve your desires, he he he.

Today I won't release the demo, I have some troubles with the events of one chapter, but don't worry, I'll release it this month if not, then it'll be the next month.