Wii won't play CDs

BlueLeafeon

I don't know if there are any Homebrew users here but I'm going to post this in hopes of somebody being able to help me.

I was playing Mario Kart Wii and tried to load up the Delfino Harbor battle stage, and the console started making these weird beeps and sounds, then it told me "An error has occurred. Please eject the disc and turn off the console." But I couldn't turn it off because it had apparently frozen at that point, so I had to unplug it. Now it won't load any games at all!

I searched it on google and have done most self-troubleshooting methods. I've used canned air to blow into the CD hole, cleaned the disc, used a different disc, unplugged it for thirty minutes, put the wii in a different position...no luck. It doesn't seem to be the lens since it won't even spin the disc.

I was thinking of sending it to Nintendo but I'm a bit worried since I have Homebrew. If I deleted homebrew, would Nintendo know I had it at one point?

PFFFFT. I should have thought of moving it to the SD card. Instead I just flat-out deleted it and its save while I was backing up all my saved data/channels.

As for the warranty, the wii is about 3-5 years old, so the warranty has run out on it anyway.

It just kinda sucks how I'm going to lose all my Brawl data. Those versus records are going to be the hardest to obtain. Those are two years worth of brawling.

Edited by MagicTiger

PFFFFT. I should have thought of moving it to the SD card. Instead I just flat-out deleted it and its save while I was backing up all my saved data/channels.

As for the warranty, the wii is about 3-5 years old, so the warranty has run out on it anyway.

It just kinda sucks how I'm going to lose all my Brawl data. Those versus records are going to be the hardest to obtain. Those are two years worth of brawling.

Erm... semi-confused, you deleted the brawl data but you're going to lose the data? (grammar error?) Either way, I don't really see any reason to be deleting saves.

But anyway, as for the discs not working, if you have an external hard drive you could consider running your games off of that using a USB loader. Of course, without a cd drive there still isn't any way to back-up your games.

A similar thing happened to me when my copy of Donkey Kong Country became corrupt and pretty much blew up my wii from use. I lost $200 of Virtual Console games that day. We had to buy a new one, and because my brother is obsessive like that, we got most of our stuff back in the course of a week or two, except for MAYBE a few trophies that my brother is too lazy to get in Brawl, but nobody really cares about that >w<~.

Oh, this. Yeah, my Wii won't load things normally, USB loader is your friend however. However, this means that if you have Brawl+ or ProjectM on Smash you have to play it like that from now on unless you want to go through the tedious process of moving files. TBH it's a good riddance.