Will this ever come out in Na?

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will new mistery of the emblem come out in NA?

It is currently the 15 of may 2011. The game came out in Japan the 15 of july 2010. Are they really still translating? Have they given up? I'm not sure, but I heard somewhere that Shadow Dragon sales weren't so good, So maybe IS gave up on giving this game a us release? My question is, do you think it will come out or not?

There's like a seven page topic on this post already just a few posts down, but nonetheless. As it stands, the only thing keeping hope on bringing such an outdated, non 3D compatible game to NA is E3, but even then, FE12 is relatively outdated as well as IS is busier with games like Paper Mario to release games that might or might not do well in NA.

Personally, I don't think it's going to come, if not, I hope I'm not taking the magnificent fanbase for granted by saying so, but people are already looking into full translations of the game if the worst should occur.

Edited by Axefighter Maji

I've been keeping myself busy with other things while hoping for it to be released. I guess I'm just optimistic in that I keep extending my cut-off date be a month or so every time it nears it.

For me, until it's outright denied as a game or the platform it's on goes under, I believe it will be released in the future. And hey, if they see this despair on the internet, it might influence their decision to not localize it because everyone's given up already. (Completely naive, I know, but that's just how I am.)

Fans rarely separate themselves from how things actually work--and so their perspective is skewed towards what each of them expect or even want to be true, rather than what is actually happening.

That's too bad. It'd be far worse though if they went around life with that mindset tied into everything...

Edited by Celice

Poll: Will this ever come out in Na?

ctrl+f "Sodium".

I am disappoint.

Moving on, I'm not really bothered about an NSTC release, but would like a PAL release or any English version. Considering FE11 came out in Europe before NA, it may well be there's a European release only. Unlikely, though. I still think it will probably be released in English, eventually, but I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Perhaps we should start an online petition, aim for about 1,000 signatures? It's not much, but if we do it and send it on to them it's enough to say 'hey, we care about this game'. Chance of it working is small, but...

NoA has better things to do than to translate the sequel to that abomination known as Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.

Almost everything that made SD an 'abomination' has been VASTLY improved in the sequal.

Considering what happened with Gyakuten Kenji 2, I really don't see much hope for this game. :sob: I don't think it's to do with a lack of popularity here or anything. (FE12 was designed to get more casuals into FE, after all.) It's just that these Japanese pre-3DS games aren't high on anybody's priority list right now.

I've got most recruitment and several support conversations translated though, so I'm not really caring all that much.

You know, considering there's a translation patch in the works, I'm not all too bothered. I enjoyed the fantranslated FE3-FE6 about as much as I enjoyed the official English FE7-FE11.

I'm going to be an optimist and say that this game will come out in NA, although my hope seems to be draining away every day. Anyway, E3 is the last hope in my mind, and only after that will a majority of people lose hope altogether. Anyway, we'll get a translation patch sooner or later, so it's Nintendo of America's loss if they decide not to translate it and port it.

Has nobody hear Reggie Fils-Aimee's comment about DS games? The one saying that the DS isn't dying with the release of the 3DS because they'll still be working on untranslated titles?

And I believe that in terms of sales, Shadow Dragon did almost the same here as it did in Japan (but a little bit less).

What happens in threads like these is people tend to not realize that bit of information. Or they suddenly forget that all games aren't magically localized soon after the original release.

Two years, without any mention at all, is worth worrying about. This, this is just fans being fans :/

What happens in threads like these is people tend to not realize that bit of information. Or they suddenly forget that all games aren't magically localized soon after the original release.

Two years, without any mention at all, is worth worrying about. This, this is just fans being fans :/

Yep the more annoying we get the sooner the release :)

This is why high demand games get released quickly.

Edited by JosefLior

At the worst the DS is region-free so it can be imported. That did bite me with Bleach DS 2nd, though, as it was eventually localized and released a year and a half later. The cool thing was that the import was at my local Best Buy, so I was able to buy it on impulse.

Edited by Whitefang

Has nobody hear Reggie Fils-Aimee's comment about DS games? The one saying that the DS isn't dying with the release of the 3DS because they'll still be working on untranslated titles?

I heard it all right, but as far as I know, it hasn't yet come to fruition.

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect it will, because they will find out they have american fans of FE12. But, I'm not really sure, I haven't done a detailed economic analysis of whether they would profit or lose from publishing it here.

• 2 weeks later...