Best in the game week 2: axe users

Claude C Kenny

67 members have voted

1. 1. Decisions, decisions....

Choose who you think is the best axe user in FE7 based on anything you feel makes them the best. Feel free to share your reasoning for who you picked, and feel free to debate it if you wish. The 3 characters with the most votes will be considered the top 3 in the game.

And no, Marcus and Raven are not being excluded from the poll.

Hector. He is always a solid choice for melee combat, has enough Con that axes weigh him little or not at all, and after promotion only 3 axes even slow him down (Brave by 1, Devil and Armads by 3) On top of this, Wolf Beil gives him greater versatility against the armours and mounted units that he has effectiveness against (since they mostly wield lances), and the Armads is always fun to tote around the last chapter, and is no slouch against the Dragon too.

Hector. He is always a solid choice for melee combat, has enough Con that axes weigh him little or not at all, and after promotion only 3 axes even slow him down (Brave by 1, Devil and Armads by 3) On top of this, Wolf Beil gives him greater versatility against the armours and mounted units that he has effectiveness against (since they mostly wield lances), and the Armads is always fun to tote around the last chapter, and is no slouch against the Dragon too.

Agreed; he's pretty much my number one for axes (mainly because I don't use many other axe users to begin with).

Hector, because he is the axe user you start with and probably use more than other axe users, as opposed to just an axe user, like Marcus, Dorcas and Bartre.

Edited by NiggahrdRaven

I concur; once Issy's trained, she's lethal.

But I can't drift away from Hector, who's basically Oswin with axes + 1 movement; particularly in earlygame, with his Wolf Beil.

Just going to point out that Isadora isn't actually a very good axe user.

Yes, yes, I know. She lacks the CON to wield Axes effectively. I wonder if anyone actually got what I said... My vote isn't serious, I know Marcus beats the crap out of everyone.

But he has wtfspeed to outweigh the use of a STEEL AXE.

I'd honestly vote for him after Marcus. Then it's a tie between Dorcas and Hector.

Edited by Soul

But he has wtfspeed to outweigh the use of a STEEL AXE.

I'd honestly vote for him after Marcus. Then it's a tie between Dorcas and Hector.

Sure he may have the Speed, but he doesn't have the CON to wield them. Therefore, Raven isn't really a Hero. Now Harken is a real Hero. He has the Con to wield them and the weapon rank behind it!

Well, I'm going to be the loser who votes Raven. I chose him mostly because he was the first I promoted, and became very reliable/unfreakingstoppable in the Hector Hard Mode. Especially when I had him bum rush up to Wallace through a sea of enemies to save him before he died in Four-Fanged Offense.

Well, I'm going to be the loser who votes Raven. I chose him mostly because he was the first I promoted, and became very reliable/unfreakingstoppable in the Hector Hard Mode. Especially when I had him bum rush up to Wallace through a sea of enemies to save him before he died in Four-Fanged Offense.

Loser.

...wait, you saved Wallace? In HHM?

Loser.

...wait, you saved Wallace? In HHM?

Yeah. It was tough. Basically I had Serra, who was a bishop at the time, chop down the snag and then had Raven equip his swordreaver and charge up the center straight towards Wallace, while Legault and Guy took out the Purge jerk and swordsmen. Wallace had just used his last Elixir when Raven and Guy reached him. They pwned all of those stupid myrmidons and monks and absorbed the ballista damage so that Florina could safely reach Wallace and recruit him. I felt accomplished.

Geitz.

Not that he's actually very useful, true, but I gotta vote for this man for managing to dodge an absurd amount of 60 hit rates that allowed me to keep the perfect level up I got on Canas and not losing it to a reset.

For most useful, obviously Marcus.

• 3 weeks later...

Hector's the best. He's strong in both Str, Def, and Hp. He handles axes very well, especially when promoted. He has stats of a General, but however. Another option may be Bartre, if well trained, go for it.