Lucius, Erk, or Canas?

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better magic user?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The correct answer is Pent. If he is already on your team, use him twice.

This.

It depends on the rest of your team, but from that list alone, I'd probably go with Lucius for his staff rank on promotion. The others beat him in durability but I don't think it's significant, and I don't think the others beat him in combat at all unless Erk gets to double a few more enemies.

Erk is available the most. But I'd honestly recommend Lucius.

While the other two have actual durability, it doesn't really get them out of 2HKO'd range until later levels. Lucius 1RKO's quickly.

Out of the three, I voted Lucius. I've had shitty luck with Erk the three times I've used him, and Canas just sucks. Lucius has LM, Raven/Serra/Priscilla supports, and is generally good for doubling. Plus, he's got an unquestionable ownership of all light tomes until Serra promotes, so that's definitely a plus. The only thing that sucks about him is that training him in HHM is such a bitch. Other than that, he's a pretty solid unit imo.

BTW, you should've listed Pent, since he's a viable option for anyone who wants a strong magic user.

Edited by Bearissoslow

depends, do you want to make early game easier, pick Lucius. wanna make endgame easier, pick Canas.

Lucius is great always, while Canas can easily solo the endgame dragon with the necessary healing.

even though Erk is one of my fave chars, don't use him over either Lucius or Canas. Erk isn't as good as them.

Lucius doesn't 2HKO any faster than Erk if I recall correctly. The only significant advantages here is Lucius's C staves.

In my honest opinion, I prefer using Canas, for the most part. Because let's face it, Lucius' durability is not impressing anyone(srsly, 20/0 Lucius gets 2HKO'd by something that 10HKO's base Oswin.), and as for Erk, he's a waste of time since Pent is basically better, not to mention he's as big of a pussy, if not bigger, than Guy. At least Canas gets something called durability later on in life(40HP/12def at 20/10 is actually good for a caster, especially with Nosferatu access), and Luna ruins high-res bosses(I'm looking at you, Sonia and Limstella). And it's not even like Canas can't double either(15/1 Canas has 13AS with Flux.)

Edited by darkandroid125

Lucius doesn't 2HKO any faster than Erk if I recall correctly. The only significant advantages here is Lucius's C staves.

He has a higher Mag growth and base, he can easily get there quickly with some leveling. Before that, they're pretty tied. And even then, Erk needs Thunder to keep his offense at Lucy's pace.

Lucius is great always, while Canas can easily solo the endgame dragon with the necessary healing.

There are several units who can "easily solo the endgame dragon with the necessary healing."

There are many more who can solo the dragon with the necessary healing.

Define "necessary", kid.

Define "necessary", kid.

"Getting healed or else he'll/she'll die", I suppose.

indeed, that.

and lolwhut, kid?

either way, piece of useless personal experience: only characters I've easily soloed endgame dragon with (as in not taking up a whole lot of turns) were Hector and Canas, can't remember if Eliwood could too.

but granted, I haven't tried everyone by far...

I mean with an obscene amount of healing (like 3x physic per turn) and dancing Dart could "solo" the dragon in a decent modicum of time (12x2 per attack, if my calculations are correct), 3x per turn = a two- or three-turn clear. Plus crit chance. This obscene amount of healing, though, is "necessary" for Dart to solo the Dragon.

Also, Athos.

EDIT: Also, you/we're talking about "soloing" except with ...healing. And dancing, maybe. This is not soloing.

Edited by Integrity

He has a higher Mag growth and base, he can easily get there quickly with some leveling. Before that, they're pretty tied. And even then, Erk needs Thunder to keep his offense at Lucy's pace.

Lucius has a 2 higher base, but Erk has higher availability in both modes. And:

Fire - 5 Mt

Thunder - 8 Mt, -1 AS for unpromoted Erk

Elfire - 10 Mt, -3 AS for unpromoted Erk, -2 AS for promoted Erk

Lightning - 4 Mt

Shine - 6 Mt, -2 AS for unpromoted Lucius, -1 AS for promoted Lucius

Divine - 8 Mt, -6 AS for unpromoted Lucius, -5 AS for promoted Lucius

"Needs Thunder" is just a fancy way of saying that Erk has a good higher level tome at hand while Lucius does not. Lucius only slowly edges Erk out by a fifth of a point for every level they both gain. That's not going to matter.

As I said, here is what matters in the comparison of all three: Erk gets E staves, Lucius gets C.