Lucius, Erk, or Canas?

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better magic user?

I guess I'm the odd one here when I say Erk. Canas is too heavy and doesn't drop doubles as often. Lucius is too powerful for his own good and tends to get himself killed from an onslaught on an enemy phase. Erk is the balanced decision. He doesn't have the weaknesses the other two have but he also doesn't have any major strengths to him. All in all, any decision is sound.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Canas since he's the only dark magic user in the game (Athos is only an endgame character). He's really useful and efficient when well trained, especially if wielding a Nosferatu tome in the enemy phase (note that making a good use for Nosferatu means having good Hp, Mag, Def and Res(relatively high). Also, Luna is an excellent option to wipe out enemies with a high chance of dealing a critical hit (20% + Skill/2 + support gains (Bartre or Nino)). All in all, Canas is one of my must-have units. Lucius does his job well done, however, his low luck and def is really tricky since he and Erk can be KO'd by two physical hits unless they have good supports and have gained points in HP and Def on their level ups. I'd go for Canas definitely.

I voted for Canas since he's the only dark magic user in the game (Athos is only an endgame character). He's really useful and efficient when well trained, especially if wielding a Nosferatu tome in the enemy phase (note that making a good use for Nosferatu means having good Hp, Mag, Def and Res(relatively high). Also, Luna is an excellent option to wipe out enemies with a high chance of dealing a critical hit (20% + Skill/2 + support gains (Bartre or Nino)). All in all, Canas is one of my must-have units. Lucius does his job well done, however, his low luck and def is really tricky since he and Erk can be KO'd by two physical hits unless they have good supports and have gained points in HP and Def on their level ups. I'd go for Canas definitely.

Except Nosferatu is awesome but impractical, what with it being heavy, Canas not having the bst speed (especially before promotion, and its somewhat iffy accuracy... Seriously, if you want to Nosferatank, post-FE6 games aren't good for such a strategy.

Pent!

But seriously, I just don't like using Lucius. I dunno why. I do like both Erk and Canas, but they're pretty meh. Although my Erk came out of LHM pretty well this last run, so he's getting some use. He got blessed in HP, SPD, MAG, and DEF. 8 MAG 11 SPD at level 5? 21 HP and 4 DEF, too? Yes please!

Actually, Bartre X Canas is not that good of a support combo, seeing it has a +2 support speed. (Plus, Bartre actually kinda stinks a bit as a unit.) In fact Canas's best support option is Pent, and that can only go up to a B. Nino's supports are as fast as Pent's per level, but she joins so late (and underleveled), you're gonna have to find some way to make it work without fail if you really want it. His other two supports are as fast as with Bartre, and shouldn't be bothered with since they join late.

Erk has a similar problem, Pent gives him the best bonuses in the shortest time. Priscilla's his second fastest, but I don't know if I'd recommend it. Nino has the same problems with Erk as she does with Canas. Louise is 30+40 turns, and you can forget about supporting Erk with Serra since that's as slow as a snail.

Lucius's best support is Raven. That's a no-brainer. His other supports may be tricky to pull off due to +2 support speed, and his best ones among those are Priscilla and Serra. Renault joins too late and is pretty much only there to get you the Fortify staff, and Karel's support with him moves at a snail's pace, and getting Karel means missing out on Harken.

Canas... LUNA and being tanky for magic-user standards scores plus points. I do not care about the pros and cons of Dark Magic, period!

lolLucius and that lolDEF and lolLCK.

Canas... LUNA and being tanky for magic-user standards scores plus points. I do not care about the pros and cons of Dark Magic, period!

lolLucius and that lolDEF and lolLCK.

Luck, man. The most important stat in the game, word.

THE MONOCLE

People LIKE Canas, but he's not great as a unit.

Sure about it, I just consider Canas as a help/support unit unless he gets ridiculously blessed, and as though, I abuse him having a B support with Pent. Both of them are my favorite characters, especially Pent, however I acknowledge they're not the best. :B):

People should honsetly put "Luna" as a seperate option when it comes to these topics. It's the whole freaking reason people even choose him. "CANASIS THE BEAST COZ HE CAN SOLO THE DRAGON WITH LUNA". Gawd, is that all people can say.

People should honsetly put "Luna" as a seperate option when it comes to these topics. It's the whole freaking reason people even choose him. "CANASIS THE BEAST COZ HE CAN SOLO THE DRAGON WITH LUNA". Gawd, is that all people can say.

I totally prefer Canas than Athos for casting Luna. Aureola takes more time to defeat the dragon.

I totally prefer Canas than Athos for casting Luna. Aureola takes more time to defeat the dragon.

I'm not talking about you specifically. Just the people that put too much weight on Luna.

And Athos has the option of using Forblaze and Excalibur as well.

I found Luna on Canas pretty handy for handling the Valkyries on Cog of Destiny. As for its use in lategame chapters...well Athos will have more Mag so having Canas doesn't help all that much (though Canas is a decent boss killer I guess).

Also, Pent is just beastly no matter how he levels up. A staves whoop whoop.

And yet Athos uses Luna better than Canas does...

What if Canas caps Mag, Skill and Speed and has a B support with Pent? Wouldn't that be +1 Atk, +2 Def, +5 Accuracy, +10 Avo and Crit. Evade of full bonus, and also a double hit against the fire dragon?

Thinking about it, I feel encouraged to begin a new playthrough with no arena abuse.

Edited by The Hero of Blue Flames

What if Canas caps Mag, Skill and Speed and has a B support with Pent? Wouldn't that be +1 Atk, +2 Def, +5 Accuracy, +10 Avo and Crit. Evade of full bonus, and also a double hit against the fire dragon?

Thinking about it, I feel encouraged to begin a new playthrough with no arena abuse.

He's not going to on average at 20/20 without a shitload of statboosters.

Athos with a Body Ring can do the same. And the defensive bonuses won't matter any since the dragon'll always hit.

Except for the fact that we go by averages here. Not some "what if" moment that wouldn't work out for everyone. And besides, caps aren't really all that important, because not everyone is going to cap three stats at most. What's important are stats, and what they're likely to be at a certain level. For instance, by the time the Fire Dragon is reached, Canas likely won't make it past 20 in all of the stats you mentioned. And defensive bonuses hardly matter if you're up against something that can OHKO anyone with health in the range of 37-40. If you want heavy damage done to the Fire Dragon, you're much better off giving Luna to Athos. Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't there be at least two Luna tomes at your disposal anyway?

They could both use it, you know. Canas attack, Athos walk up and trade it to himself, Athos attack, rescue Canas away.

OR

Athos attack, Canas walk up and trade it to himself while trading up Athos's Forblaze, Canas attack.

heal as necessary