Lucius, Erk, or Canas?

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better magic user?

Lucius has a 2 higher base, but Erk has higher availability in both modes.

What's your point? Erk comes in Ch. 5, where he'll maybe get a level or two. Then there's Ch. 6, where Erk'll be lucky if he manages to keep up with everyone else without being babied. Ch. 7 is when Lucius joins at level 3. By this point, Erk'll maybe have one more level than him at best. Level 4 Erk vs. Base Lucius is still losing to Lucius in Speed and Magic. Sure, you could argue that the might from anima tomes compensates for that, but what about AS? Plus, Lucius comes in to Heintz's chapter, meaning that unless you give Florina the boss kill, Lucius is the most likely unit to nab it because of MTA. What is Erk doing? Pretty much getting buttfucked by the other two Shaman and Heintz. Fact of the matter is that Erk is not doing as well in LM as Lucius, so I fail to see what your point really is about Erk.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Needs Thunder" is just a fancy way of saying that Erk has a good higher level tome at hand while Lucius does not.

He needs Thunder to either beat him, or be tied up, that's what I meant. It seems that Erk is always losing out in offense until promotion considering he gets slowed down by 1 AS and will never be beating Lucius' Atk either. Lucius never really needs higher-leveled tomes unless you're taking him for fighting at Endgame.

Erk would be like Level 7 before Lucius returns:

7 Erk w/Thunder: 15.4 Atk, 9 AS

5 Lucius w/Lighning: 12.2 Atk, 10.8 Spd

IIRC, 9 and 11 AS don't double anything barring Armor Knights. And maybe the Steel Lance Pegasi, but they both would likely be mediocre against them.

I'm not a fan of either of them anyway. I only slightly prefer Lucius over Erk because of the C Staves.

Edited by _M_

Lvl 7 seems a little high.

I think Level 5 is too high for Lucius. About two levels too high to be precise.

You put a poll up and aren't even using the one who got the most votes <_<?

Could be worse. He could have Nino on his team too.

Edited by _M_

I think Level 5 is too high for Lucius. About two levels too high to be precise.

No it isn't. I can go for a really minimal turncount while leveling Lyndis, the Cavaliers, Lucius and another character pretty well. And Lucius comes out at level 6~

Stemming off this, the Hector/Eliwood mode bases for LM units seems quite odd. Lucius comes at level 3, like he never gained any levels. But why does Rath come two levels higher than his LM base when he probably won't even gain a single level? And why the heck does Wallace have boosted bases (compared to a normal auto-promotion) when LNM even forces you to auto-promote him? Erk stays at level 1 as well despite having more time and a lower base level than any of those guys. What the hell?

No it isn't. I can go for a really minimal turncount while leveling Lyndis, the Cavaliers, Lucius and another character pretty well. And Lucius comes out at level 6~

I really need to buy a new sarcasm button.

But seriously Lucius sucks.

I really need to buy a new sarcasm button.

But seriously Lucius sucks.

No need, I understood what you said after making that post. 8[

I added up all the votes from SFF, SoS, and TEB. There was a tie between Erk and Canas.

But other sites tend to overrate Canas because of a freaking tome that comes freaking late and weighs a freaking ton.

Edited by Soul

You put a poll up and aren't even using the one who got the most votes <_<?

Hey, that sounds a lot like me.

But other sites tend to overrate Canas because of a freaking tome that comes freaking late and weighs a freaking ton.

And because DARK MAGIC IS SO COOL.

I remember back in the day on the Nsider forums there was a tournament for best FE7 character and Hector and Canas were the finalists. Even though I was an idiot back then I still couldn't understand why people thought Canas was such a good unit.

Also, ThatGuyDownTheStreet, would you mind posting links to these other polls? I'd like to see the topics.

SoS: http://shrineofseals.net/forum/index.php/topic,1112.msg17412.html#new

TEB: http://tebrigade.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=814&st=0entry30085

It's been a couple of hours since I counted the votes so other people may have voted in between that time. I also forgot to mention to them about my plans with dropping Dorcas and what not.

Disclaimer: I do not, in any way, mean to advertise these sites. I have put links to them per request, that is all.

Stemming off this, the Hector/Eliwood mode bases for LM units seems quite odd. Lucius comes at level 3, like he never gained any levels. But why does Rath come two levels higher than his LM base when he probably won't even gain a single level? And why the heck does Wallace have boosted bases (compared to a normal auto-promotion) when LNM even forces you to auto-promote him? Erk stays at level 1 as well despite having more time and a lower base level than any of those guys. What the hell?

I would assume this has to do with when they join in Hector Mode, rather than how much time they have in Lyn Mode.

While Canas may be overrated on other sites, Luna and Nosferatu do not come 'freaking late'. Nosferatu is in Chapter 19, and there's a Luna is in Chapter 20.

While Canas may be overrated on other sites, Luna and Nosferatu do not come 'freaking late'. Nosferatu is in Chapter 19, and there's a Luna is in Chapter 20.

However, Nosferatu's very heavy.

Edited by Metal King Slime

SoS: http://shrineofseals.net/forum/index.php/topic,1112.msg17412.html#new

TEB: http://tebrigade.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=814&st=0entry30085

It's been a couple of hours since I counted the votes so other people may have voted in between that time. I also forgot to mention to them about my plans with dropping Dorcas and what not.

Lucius has more votes than Erk even if you discount the two votes from those polls. And I think Erk has only gotten closer to Lucius on this one since last night, so I don't know where Erk is winning.

Also, looking at it a different way, Canas won two polls and Lucius won one, although Lucius has more votes in this poll than Canas got in the other two (the ones he won) combined.

And here I thought Erk was going to win.

Nobody likes emo kids like Erk. The only thing funny about him is the conversations he has with Serra.

Nino C, my friend.

Nino: Hi I'm friendly!

Erk: ...

Nino: ...hiii!

Nino: ...k bye.

Erk: ...wait, FUCK!

~~SUPPORT INCREASED~~

Lucius has more votes than Erk even if you discount the two votes from those polls. And I think Erk has only gotten closer to Lucius on this one since last night, so I don't know where Erk is winning.

Also, looking at it a different way, Canas won two polls and Lucius won one, although Lucius has more votes in this poll than Canas got in the other two (the ones he won) combined.

And here I thought Erk was going to win.

Shoot, I thought Erk was Lucius on this poll. All right, change of plans, I'll be using Lucius and Canas instead.

Nino C, my friend.

Nino: Hi I'm friendly!

Nino: ...hiii!

Nino: ...k bye.

Erk: ...wait, FUCK!

~~SUPPORT INCREASED~~

So much for Erk getting something tonight.