Fire Emblem: Shifting Worlds

Sea Lion

So I've started a hack (finally) and I think it's going pretty well.

Storyline:

The continent of Oronu is falling apart. The leaders have become corrupt and there are terrifying creatures showing up throughout the continent. Cities are being destroyed and people are disappearing. New powerful weapons and warriors have come to the continent. No one is sure how they got there. Henry, David, and (undecided) are from three very different worlds but need each other to save the balance of the universe and restore each world.

The storyline is probably going to change as well too.

So I have the prologue basically done, I need to change the map sprite for the undead thing, need to change the sword to a claw (or whatever), and I think Charlie is in FE8 colors. I have chapter 1 started but I'm not very far into it yet.

Prologue Screen Shots

[spoiler=x]

OpenScene.png

CharlieTalking.png

Rebuild.png

Enemiesshow.png

HenryFighting.png

Map.png

When I finish it I'm also going to change the pirate sprite to a more typical pirate (i.e. skinny and sword wielding)

Any critique would be nice. Though I am aware of Henry's awkwardness, he was a quick mug. Also Charlie's colors have changed to my current profile.

Also any portraits would be really helpful as well cause I'm working on this completely solo and I've just begun to realize how much time just making the characters could take.

Edited by Sea Lion

need to change the sword to a claw (or whatever)

I've actually already done this I just haven't had time to make any updates cause I have finals all this week and the beginning of next week.

And I plan on trying to make this hack awesome.

Does anyone remember if there's an escape chapter in fire emblem 7? If so what chapter? If not how could I do that kind of thing without having to asm hack?

Edit: Nevermind, I'll just change it to a survive x turns.

Edited by Sea Lion

There is no way to make an FE5/9/10-style escape chapter without ASM as of right now. However, it's possible that Hextator (Xeld) may be convinced to make one FOR us.

SO.... yeah.

If you can make arrive, couldn't you use conditionals or something to make it arrive in a certain amount of turns with a certain person?

Then it would practically be escape in all but name only.

Well, if you want to make it an FE5/9/10 "escape" as in, units disappear after waiting on a tile, no. Mostly because of hardware limitations that Astra already went into.

Edited by Camtech075