Best lord? Why?

As the title suggests, state your favorite lord from any FE game and explain why. Feel free to put stats as well.

Im going to say either Hector from FE7 or Ephraim from FE8

While Hector was one of the more likeable lords (eww...Eliwood and Erika) he was a powerhouse on the battlefield, destroying anything that got in his way. He didnt max any stats but i feel like they were good enough.

Hector stats:

HP: 46

Lvl: 11 T_T

Str: 26

Skill: 18

Spd: 23

Luck: 12

Def: 21+5

Res: 13

Con: 15

Ehpraim on the other hand, while being a like able lord, i didnt use him very often. That being said...his sister and his stats were very...bad. But on my 2nd play through i actually trained my lords Ephraim included. The result was the RNG god forgiving me and Ephraims stats sky rocketing to almost all maxed.

Ephraims stats:

HP: 56

Lvl: 20

Str: 27 maxed

Skill: 26 maxed

Spd: 24 maxed

Luck: 30 maxed

Def: 23 maxed

Res: 15

Con: 10

so, whos your favorite lord?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, I would say Julia, since she's kind of lord-ish, but she's not technically a lord.

Uh, Julia has approximately none of the characteristics that define a Lord.

dafuq you smokin sevs

Uh, Julia has approximately none of the characteristics that define a Lord.

dafuq you smokin sevs

Umm, many times lords are defined, in the class description, as "members of a ruling house" or something like that.

How does Julia, sister to the current king, daughter of the past king, and sister to the future king (big hint there as to one of the best stories of all time) not fit that description?

(NOTE: This is a snapshot of Julia right after the death of Alvis)

EDIT: High on life. No seriously. I know it's bullshit. But seriously. If people get high off cow shit, why can't I get high off bullshit/life?

Edited by SeverIan

She's quite the anti-lord, she can die almost as much as you like and it's OK! Sigurd has to come top of my list, 1st gen enemies are wimps and he has manly bases.

Sevs, you either have a VERY loose definition of the term, or you're trolling. Can't really tell to be honest.

EDIT: Er, learn to read. >>

Edited by Integrity

She's quite the anti-lord, she can die almost as much as you like and it's OK! Sigurd has to come top of my list, 1st gen enemies are wimps and he has manly bases.

This is based on a gameplay mechanics definition of the word for "lord." Why should a definition based on gameplay mechanics hold water in a game that is as much about story, music etc etc.

Sevs, you either have a VERY loose definition of the term, or you're trolling. Can't really tell to be honest.

Former. I have seen plenty of very loose definitions of other terms (Jeigan VS Oifaye for instance). Not trolling, or most other FE fans here are trolling. I don't see why a definition based off of a chunk to text applied to many lord characters shouldn't be applicable.

Edited by SeverIan

Severlan just ruined this thread.

I'm gonna use his logic to argue that Dagda is the best lord.

I shouldn't have to say that his bases, movement, and weapon selection last him pretty much the whole game despite his growths, but this topic does ask why so I'll just state the obvious here.

But there is also the aspect of being, you know, a lord. Dagda has his own mansion. He has servants of his own which he works like dogs so he can live comfortably. You wouldn't expect this of a man like Dagda, but it's true.

There is also a whole chapter dedicated to Dagda protecting his mansion. I would say, protecting the house which you'd be considered a lord of should be high on the priority on things a lord should do.

He then goes and helps Leaf and the rest of the police force, because they helped him so he helps them.

After doing that, he returns to his home and starts working the brigands again and beat them into making his land nutritious and healthy.

Unfortunately, this topic falls apart by asking for "Best" and "Favorite" as if they are one and the same. They can be, but in many cases they are not.

Best Lord is almost unarguably Sigurd. How many others are practically the Jeigan of their own game? He remains good until his end, too.

My favorite Lord, however...is not really decided, but since it would likely be one of Lyn, Ephraim, and Micaiah, it wouldn't really qualify for "Best" Lord.

Former. I have seen plenty of very loose definitions of other terms (Jeigan VS Oifaye for instance). Not trolling, or most other FE fans here are trolling. I don't see why a definition based off of a chunk to text applied to many lord characters shouldn't be applicable.

Forever Alone - A short play in one Act, starring:

roudhound123, played by: Steven Blum, who needs no introduction.

Severlan, played by: Hank Azaria, the actor who voices Comic Book Guy.

Interceptor, played by: himself.

Passersby, played by: Rody

Scene -- Serenes Supermarket

roudhound123
: Everyone! State your favorite non-spherical fruit!

Passerby 1
: Bananas!

Passerby 2
: Pears!

Severlan
: Oranges.

*the entire room peers at Severlan in askance*

Severlan
: Well, if I hit it with a SLEDGEHAMMER first, then CLEARLY it's non-spherical!

*Severlan puts on his best shit-eating grin*

Interceptor
: This is why people don't invite you to parties.

EDIT: this soldier's favorite Lord is Hector.

Edited by Interceptor

I don't like how gameplay-based this topic is. :(:

Don't worry bbe I have a half-arsed MS paint thing just for you

affq5s.jpg

Unfortunately, this topic falls apart by asking for "Best" and "Favorite" as if they are one and the same. They can be, but in many cases they are not.
On the contrary, I made sure to clearly state who was the best. My favorite is surely different.

Forever Alone - A short play in one Act, starring:

roudhound123, played by: Steven Blum, who needs no introduction.

Severlan, played by: Hank Azaria, the actor who voices Comic Book Guy.

Interceptor, played by: himself.

Passersby, played by: Rody

Scene -- Serenes Supermarket

roudhound123
: Everyone! State your favorite non-spherical fruit!

Passerby 1
: Bananas!

Passerby 2
: Pears!

Severlan
: Oranges.

*the entire room peers at Severlan in askance*

Severlan
: Well, if I hit it with a SLEDGEHAMMER first, then CLEARLY it's non-spherical!

*Severlan puts on his best shit-eating grin*

Interceptor
: This is why people don't invite you to parties.

I should so sig this.

I'm going to go on a limb and say that Sigurd is the best lord in the series(out of the games that I've played, which is everything except the first two), with FE10!Ike, Hector, and Ephraim coming in at a close second. The reason for me saying this is because Sigurd basically towers over the rest of his posse in terms of stats(he one rounds most generic enemies in his first two maps, when others are two rounding or worse, and beats everyone in concrete durability at base except Cuan and Faildan, is mounted in a game where movement means everything, and gets a holy weapon on top of that.) Celice is the same thing, except that he needs to promote first.

Of the three I mentioned, Ike comes the closest to Sigurd's prowess, but unlike Sigurd, he doesn't absolutely teabag everybody else in combat. What I man by this is that while Ike is noticeably good against enemy units, there are other units in his posse who have comparable combat or utility value(Haar, Titania and Shinon, I'm looking at you). Also, his mediocre speed growth can bite him in the ass later on, as doubling is harder in GoD than it is in GotHW. FE9 Ike is in the same boat, except that he really doesn't tower over your units until after Chapter 17(when he promotes and finally has access to his broken Occult skill)and he doesn't get Ragnell until 1.5 chapters before you face Ashnuts.

As for Hector and Ephraim,both are good but they have their flaws. In Hector's case, he doesn't promote until after CoD, and has promoted Oswin's movement after promotion, meaning you either have to feed him the boots or have someone carry his ass around when his combat isn't needed(pretty difficult if the only promoted dudes who can do so are Flo-Chan, Heathy-boy, Wrath, Pris, and Eliwuss). Also, he's a slow-ass motherfucker that never reliably doubles anything except generals and weighed down enemies. And while Ephraim has extremely good combat, he is outdone by guys like Seth, Joshua, and Duessel. And what's worse is that Eirika has better stat caps than him, should you want to play in CC or LA.

I'm not going to mention anybody else. But let's just say that Marth, Leaf, Roy, and Eliwood are mediocre. And in the case of Marth and Roy, they suck to the point where you shouldn't put a single drop of EXP on them.

How in God's name are none of you mentioning Celice, who can single-handedly trivialize more of Gen 2 than Sigurd can Gen 1?

How in God's name are none of you mentioning Celice, who can single-handedly trivialize more of Gen 2 than Sigurd can Gen 1?

I only played FE4 once, but I don't recall Celice being any better than "Maybe sort of kinda good."

I only played FE4 once, but I don't recall Celice being any better than "Maybe sort of kinda good."

Put simply: if you set him up for it (which you kinda need to for Sigurd to shitstomp Gen 1 like everybody's busy fapping to), he can essentially solo Gen 2.

I'm going to go on a limb and say that Sigurd is the best lord in the series(out of the games that I've played, which is everything except the first two), with FE10!Ike, Hector, and Ephraim coming in at a close second. The reason for me saying this is because Sigurd basically towers over the rest of his posse in terms of stats(he one rounds most generic enemies in his first two maps, when others are two rounding or worse, and beats everyone in concrete durability at base except Cuan and Faildan, is mounted in a game where movement means everything, and gets a holy weapon on top of that.) Celice is the same thing, except that he needs to promote first.

Of the three I mentioned, Ike comes the closest to Sigurd's prowess, but unlike Sigurd, he doesn't absolutely teabag everybody else in combat. What I man by this is that while Ike is noticeably good against enemy units, there are other units in his posse who have comparable combat or utility value(Haar, Titania and Shinon, I'm looking at you). Also, his mediocre speed growth can bite him in the ass later on, as doubling is harder in GoD than it is in GotHW. FE9 Ike is in the same boat, except that he really doesn't tower over your units until after Chapter 17(when he promotes and finally has access to his broken Occult skill)and he doesn't get Ragnell until 1.5 chapters before you face Ashnuts.

@Bolded: Shinion? Lolno. Ike has one thing over Shinon that Shinon can't possibly compare to. Mainly, an enemy phase (well Shinon has one if he has a crossbow but then it just makes his enemy phase go from bad to suckish while Ike's is good).

@Underlined: Who cares? Good thing his speed base rocks.

@Italicized: Kindly go die in a car fire.

I'm not going to mention anybody else. But let's just say that Marth, Leaf, Roy, and Eliwood are mediocre. And in the case of Marth and Roy, they suck to the point where you shouldn't put a single drop of EXP on them.

Marth's actually not that bad. In FE1 and FE3, everyone caps their stats at 20, and his growths aren't bad, so he can turn out ok. In FE1, only he can use the Miracle Sword. And in the reamkes he can use Forged Rapiers and has decent growths so while he's certainly not elite, he can be useful. FE12, he gets access to the Shield of Seals, which gives a +2 bonus in every stat, gets rid of pesky Earth Dragons, and is exclusive to him.

Of course I agree that Sigurd is the best lord, but I'm a douche and feel like nitpicking your post. :P:

Edited by Roro