2. 2. Which laguz royal

• Giffca
    • Naesala
    • Tibarn

prologue

The all-familiar usual strat to 4 turn

Chapter 1

No Titania to rush. This is going to be slightly challenging

turn 1: Oscar takes the steel sword and runs up to just under the fighter, Ike stands next to him. Boyd attacks the southern-most fighter

turn 2: Ike kills the brigand that's above him, Oscar kills the myrm next to him and moves to the Seraph Robe house. Boyd follows and heals

turn 3: Oscar kills the fighter next to Boyd, Boyd kills the Brigand near the hous, Ike kills the fighter next to him

turn 4: Ike and Boyd kill the last brigand, Oscar gets the seraph robe

turn 5: Ike trades Oscar for the robe and steel sword, uses the Robe. Oscar goes to stand next to the boss and heals. Boyd also heals

turn 6: Oscar and Boyd attack the Myrm, Ike heals

turn 7: A lucky crit from Oscar puts the boss in kill range, Boyd gets the kill

Chapter 2

Facing another long chapter because I can't use Titania to rush through it

turn 1: Ike goes up to take the fighters, Oscar and Boyd take the fighter to the right

turn 2: Ike busies himself with the fighters, Oscar goes stand on a bush and heals, Boyd kills something

turn 3: Ike kills the second northern Fighter, Oscar kills the myrm, Boyd runs left and heals

turn 4: everybody starts to rush to the boss. Titania gives her Stl Axe and Vulnerary to Boyd, Boyd runs right and heals. Idem for everyone

turn 5: everyone keeps on moving up

turn 6: Finally in the bosses' range, Boyd lures

turn 7: Ike and Oscar kill the myrm, Boyd goes onto the heal bush and heals

turn 8: Oscar kills the brigand, Ike attacks the boss, Boyd heals again

turn 9: Boyd kills the boss, finally

Chapter 3:

Only usable units are Ike and Shinon. Oh lawd. I hope Marcia can survive that long. Then again I don't need to recruit her so she can go die for all I care

turn 1: Shinon kills the LHS Brigand, Ike fights on the right

turn 2: Shinon kills the fighter to his right, Ike kills the brigand near him

turn 3: Ike gets the elixer, Shinon damages a brigand

turn 4: Shinon finally gets around to killing the archer, Ike moves left and heals

turn 5: Ike goes to fight the brigand on the ship entrance, Shinon kills the myrm

turn 6: Shinon crit kills the hand axe fighter and Ike moves up and kills the myrm near Marcia

turn 7: Ike attacks the hand axe brigand, Shinon draw the brigand

turn 8: Shinon kills the hand axe bridgand, Ike moves in to lure the boss and heals

turn 9: Shinon kills the myrm, Ike heals

turn 10: Shinon and Ike collaborate to kill the boss and that's finally the end of the chapter

Chapter 4:

FUCK MEEEEEE THIS CHAPTER WITH IKE AND SHINON FUCK MEEEEEE

turn 1: Ike attacks a south fighter, Shinon and everybody form a protective ring around Soren and Rhys

turn2: Rhys rescues Soren, Ike heals, Shinon does nothing because he can't attack and can't move because it'd expose Rhys

turn 3: Shinon finally attacks something, Ike heals again

turn 4: Ike heals (again), Shinon can't attack(again)

turn 5: I move the protective formation so shinon can attack, Ike can't attack, though

turn 6: Shinon and Ike both kill something for a change

turn 7: Shinon kills a soldier, Ike heals

I don't feel like recording this strat anymore

turn 15: lured the boss

turn 16: killed him with shinon and Ike

Chapter 5:

The lack of vulneraries is gonna fuck me over either this chapter or the following

All non-combatants run right, Boyd and Oscar seal the right off, Boyd uses a speedwing. Shinon goes behind Boyd and Oscar. This position is more or less held the following 6 turns.

chapter 6:

Probably the point where my having little healing items will hurt me bad

turn 1: Oscar javelins the steel lance Soldier, Boyd kills the archer below, Ike moves out

turn 2: Boyd and Ike team up to kill the pole axe cav, oscar kills the steel lance soldier

turn 3: Ike uses his last elixer, Oscar and Boyd team on the mage

turn 4: Ike hurts the archer, Boyd kills it. Oscar moves next to the javelin soldier

turn 5: Boyd attacks the jav soldier, Oscar kills it. Ike moves right to the bridge

turn 6: Boyd hammers the Armor, Ike kills it. Oscar kills a nearby soldier

turn 7: the band moves back a bit and heals

turn 8: IKE GOT A VULNERARY ON EP YESSSSSSSS! Oscar and Boyd kill the mage, Ike kills the archer

turn 9: some further time to heal is taken as the gang goes closer to the boss. Oscar kills a cleric

turn 10: Boyd and Oscar jointly kill a soldier, Ike heals again

turn 11: Boyd axes a soldier, Ike an archer. Oscar attacks one of the soldiers near the boss

turn 12: I rage as Boyd misses his hammer on the armor, Oscar kills the Soldier he hurt earlier. Ike yet again spends time healing

turn 13: everyone does their best to kill the armor, I rage yet again as Boyd misses.

turn 14: Oscar and Boyd heal

turn 15: the last soldier is killed

turn 16: Boss is killed by a collective effort

turn 17: I finally clear this chapter

chapter 7:

I'm down to 2 vulneraries now, 5 if I factor in Mia's. I have to face a shitton of hard hitters so this is gonna be a very very problematic chapter. There's also no way of not having Gatrie facing combat, so I consider him free to use this chapter.

turn 1: Boyd hand axes a Soldier, oscar attacks a soldier, Ike moves up

turn 2: Oscar kills a soldier, Boyd hand axes one into oblivion. Ike kills a soldier

turn 3: lost somewhere

turn 4: Boyd axes a Fighter, Oscar short spears a soldier. Mia attacks an Archer and Ike kills it. Titania fills up a hole

turn 5: Ike attacks the hand axe fighter and Mia kills it, Boyd and Oscar move toward them

turn 6: Gatrie and Shinon appear. As I said earlier, there is no way of having Gatrie avoid combat. Therefore I will use him this chapter. Shinon critkills the archer and Gatrie attacks the Thief. Mia opens the Armor slayer chest, Ike moves into armor range, equips the Regal and heals

turn 7: Shinon kills the armorslayer myrm, Gatrie attacks the other. Boyd kills an armor, Oscar kills the Mage, Ike grabs Oscar's vulnerary and uses it

turn 8: Most armors dead yay! Shinon kills the myrm, Gatrie attacks a soldier. Ike kills an armor, Oscar kills a thief, Mia kills a soldier and Boyd does too

turn 9: I'm gonna beat this chapter! Oscar kills a soldier, and everyone moves toward Shinon and Gatrie. Gatrie attacks a soldier, and Shinon an armor

turn 10: Oscar kills an archer, Mia moves into an armor's range with armorslayer equipped. Everyone else moves up

turn 11: Boyd kills one armor, Oscar chips another, Mia kills it. Everyone moves toward the boss

turn 12: Armor is chipped

turn 13: Armor is killed

turn 14: Ike attacks boss, Oscar and Boyd kill cleric, Mia kills boss

chapter 8:

only 3 vulnerary uses left....! thank god I now have access to the shop!

Filled up on vulneraries and gave Mia some BEXP levels

turn 1: Boyd goes south with the poleax, Ike goes right with armorslayer, Mia and Oscar go left. Same situation persists in the rest of the chapter, really.

Total turn count up till now: 91 turns

Stats after chapter 8

Ike	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
16.79	38	13	4	14	16	11	12	5
Boyd	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
14.1	40	15	0	11	14	8	8	2
Oscar	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
11.56	31	10	2	11	12	7	11	2
Shinon	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
1.99	32	9	6	15	13	9	9	6
Mia	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
11.85	24	9	1	12	16	8	7	3

Edited by Excellen Browning

Very true, however I have heard you can one round both forms of Ashnard with Resolve and Wrath?

Coming up, the suck begins to become less as I get more units and the ones I've been using become more and more overleveled. And yes, I might be using Rolf.

Up to chapter 15 done. The game becomes far less of a challenge.

chapter 9:

Bought some steel swords, sold some stuff, BEXPed nobody. Got Ike and Oscar A. Will try to keep to Reikken's challenge and thus keep this suport at C. Will also not give Oscar any supports. Obvious goal of this map is to train Rolf as much as I can. I got stuck with him so might as well use him, right? And it'll be at least one unit to protect

turn 1: Ike, Mia and Rolf move up to the beach. Ike lures a fighter. Oscar and Boyd move downward

turn 2: Ike damages a fighter, Mia damages a fighter(and is hit with 30% disp hit), Rolf kills one. Boyd moves down, Oscar kills a myrm

turn 3: Ike moves toward the fleeing brigand, Mia kills the mage, Rolf moves up. Oscar javelins a soldier, Boyd kills it

turn 4: Ike kills a myrm. Mia heals and moves alongside him, Rolf also does this. Boyd hammers a knight, Oscar kills it

turn 5: Mia kills the mage, Ike damages a myrm, Rolf takes the kill. Boyd and Oscar move to the castle and heal

turn 6: Mia damages a mage, Rolf kills it, and Ike one rounds the brigand. A lotta myrms spawned on the castle on EP, so I hope Boyd will survive. Oscar damages one, Boyd kills it

turn 7: Lethe dies on EP, oh well. Ike moves toward the castle, Mia goes stand between the bandits and the remaining beach house. Rolf closes in on her. Boyd kills a soldier, Oscar a myrm

turn 8: Mia kills a pirate, Rolf runs away, Ike runs. Boyd kills a myrm, Oscar apparently can't double a soldier wat so he kills a myrm instead

turn 9: Mia enjoys damaging Nedata, Rolf flees from a scary hand axe brigand and heals, mordy is ordered to protect Rolf. Ike runs toward the castle even more. Boyd kills an armor, Oscar a soldier and then moves toward Ike

turn 10: Ike moves up and is rescued by Oscar, then moved to the castle. Boyd moves next to the boss and heals. Rolf flees even more. Mia finally visits the beach house

turn 11: Oscar drops Ike near Boyd, Boyd chugs another vulnerary. Mia kills a nearby brigand, Rolf runs again

turn 12: Because Boyd sucks, Boyd runs and Ike attacks the boss. Oscar puts him at 1hp. Oh well. Mia moves toward the last brigand

turn 13: Mia wastes some weapon uses on the last brigand and Ike captures

chapter 10:

I loudly ponder whether or not Rolf will be worth investing BEXP in and decide he isn't. It's too bad for Shinon but his apprentice just sucks and he'll have to live without his Rolf support. I am abandoning Rolf for the entire rest of the PT. He's simply too much of a burden right now and probably will be the entire rest of the game. I'd have to feed him massive amounts of BEXP, which I will already need for Tormod and Shinon when I get him back.

I decide to give Oscar 2 levels of BEXP, most of the remaining BEXP will probably be put in Jill. Oscar gets a max Mt forged iron lance, because he right now has weak offense.

turn 1: Volke is not hired because I won't need him. I decide to brute-force my way to Kieran. None of the loot interests me, anyway. Everyone moves toward Kieran's cell

turn 2: Mia moves right and heals, Oscar damages a soldier, Boyd kills it. Ike moves right

turn 3: Oscar attacks an armor and moves up to the cell, Boyd kills a mage, Mia moves up and heals. Ike also moves up.

turn 4: Boyd opens the cell door, Oscar recruits Kieran. Mia moves under him and heals, Ike moves up to face a lot of units on EP

turn 5: Oscar javelins a soldier, Mia crits the archer, Ike and Boyd move up and heal

turn 6: Mia moves up and heals, Ike moves in to face the soldiers near the exit, Boyd and Oscar follow and heal as well

turn 7: Oscar javelins a soldier and moves up. Ike moves into the bosses range and equips the armorslayer. Everyone else moves up as well

turn 8: Boyd murders the boss, Mia damages an archer, Oscar kills it. Kieran is told to run for the exit. Ike kills an archer

turn 9: Boyd kills an armor, everyone runs

chapter 11:

Oh boy. This is gonna be fun (again). Mia gets an iron sword forge, I buy some hand axes, outfit Kieran and remove Gamble from him.

turn 1: I decide to try and and brute force my way through the west for EXP. Mackoya is sort of strong, but also has movement range. I'm not going to try to recruit Zihark though that killing edge of his would have been very sexy. Boyd kills a fighter vig, Oscar javelins the myrm to death, Mia another fighter and Kieran gets the draco. Ike moves left

turn 2: Boyd hand axes a cav, Oscar critkills another cav. Everyone is placed in a barrier around Mia. Mia moves in there. Ike moves left again

turn 3: Boyd hammers a knight, Kieran hand axes a cav. Ike finishes another knight, Mia kills a mage, Oscar a cav again.

turn 4: Kieran kills a soldier and canto's north, Oscar moves in to lure Mackoya. Ike kills the priest. Mia moves north and heals, Boyd also.

turn 5: A wall is formed of Boyd, Ike and a healed Oscar. Kieran and Mia stay behind it.

turn 6: BK showed up =/ Time to start rushing. Kieran poleaxes most of M's hp, Oscar does significant damage and Mia kills. Boyd kills a cav standing around and Ike moves toward the escape point

turn 7: Kieran kills a cav, Mia damages one, Oscar critkills the arch cav. Boyd kills the cleric, Ike the cav

turn 8: Boyd hammers the knight, Ike clears

chapter 12

This is getting serious. Sothe is recruited and will serve as my chest opener from now on. I give Kieran 2 level ups worth of BEXP. He also gets the Draco. Ike hit 20 last chapter so now I should aim towards having him see as little combat as possible.

turn 1: Decided to deploy Rolf and Sothe. Rolf should be useful this chapter, Sothe is just for random kills. I can't have him running around with 20 hp forever. Anyway, everyone forms a protective wall around Rolf and Sothe

turn 2: Sothe gets his own barrier. Rolf gets fed a kill and he's proud of himself

turn 3: Jill appears. Ike heals, Mia moves one right and kills a raven. Kieran hurts one and Rolf kills it. Barrier is reformed

turn 4: Rolf kills another one. Oscar hurts one and Kieran kills it

turn 5: Jill joins yay! Ike heals, Jill goes flying

turn 6: Rolf is fed another kill. Jill attacks a raven

turn 7: Rolf fed yet another kill.

turn 8: Oscar kills raven, gets seraph robe. Boyd hits boss, Kieran hits boss. Rolf kills boss

turn 9: Everyone works together to feed Rolf yet another kill, finally done

chapter 13

BEXP'd Jill to lvl 20, then promoted her. Repeated the same trick with Boyd, who was 19.66. The rest will be saved up for Tormod and maybe Rolf, who has proven very feedhappy last chapter. Unfortunately, I have only a few hundred BEXP left now =/

In my first draft, this was also the first chapter where I needed a heal from Mist (lol). I will try to get the loot, knowing that Sothe will be a sitting duck. Anyway, it's a defense map.

turn 1: Everyone bumrushes to protect Astrid from getting killed

turn 2: Astrid recruited. KW given to Kieran. Sothe picks chest. Kieran critkills something, goes to fill up a bridge. Rolf chips something, Boyd kills something, Oscar kills something, Jill kills something.

turn 3: Sothe hit on EP =/ Runs back and heals. Mia slayers a Raven, Ike goes stand on the defense tile. Oscar hits a halberdier, Kieran kills it, Jill kills something, Rolf fucks around, Ike guards the defense tile. Boyd heals up

turn 4: Mia has been reduced to 1 hp so she heals up. Gonna give her the seraph robe next chapter. Boyd moves next to a halb and heals, Sothe opens a chest, Oscar javkills a mage. Jill kills a halb, Rolf fucks around more.

turn 5: Astrid recruits Gatrie, that will get himself killed. Gatrie runs away. Boyd oneshots a mage, Mia moves up and heals. Sothe opens another chest. Jill and Oscar damage the boss, Kieran kills him

turn 6: Rolf finally kills something again, Sothe opens another chest. People scatter around to kill the crows

turn 7: Everyone starts killing the crows who opened chests

turn 8: Last raven is killed by Rolf, and the chapter ends

chapter 14:

Mia uses the energy drop and seraph robe. That's about it.

This chapter I simply rush the boss and the houses.

turn 1: Jill visits the SW house, Mia, Boyd and Sothe move to the NW, the rest goes north toward the boss. Ike uses a torch

turn 2: The respective teams move up toward their goals

turn 3: A wild Makalov appears! Too bad for him he dies Everyone moves up

turn 4: Rolf kills something, Ike, Oscar and Kieran form a barrier around him

turn 5: Sothe and Boyd visit the houses. People move in for the boss kill

turn 6: Ike and Kieran weaken the boss, Rolf takes the kill

chapter 15:

The only interesting loot is the boots. Also I will recruit Stefan because Jill can carry Mordy. I want to keep casualties to a minimum because BEXP, but I also want boots. I can't avoid Mordy taking some hits if I want to recruit Stefan and have some low turns.

turn 1: Jill rescues Mordy and flies toward Stefan, the rest moves up a bit

turn 2: Jill moves closer to the Stefan point, I decide I will put Sothe forward next turn or something, cat laguz is killed

turn 3: Mordy dropped, Jill moves toward Sothe, Sothe moves toward Jill. Another laguz is killed

turn 4: Stefan GET. He immediately kills a laguz. Sothe grabs boots and is rescued by Jill

turn 5: Stefan kills another laguz. Jill dumps Sothe on Ike and moves near Muarim

turn 6: Jill hits Muarim, unfortunately, a lot of laguz also died. Oh well... Muarim dies on EP

Turncount: 150

Stats after chapter 15:

"Chapter 15
"								
Ike	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
20	40	15	4	17	18	12	13	7
Boyd	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
23.11	47	21	1	17	19	11	11	5
Oscar	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
19.81	36	13	4	15	16	9	13	4
Shinon	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
1.99	32	9	6	15	13	9	9	6
Mia	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
19.34	35	15	3	16	20	11	9	5
Rolf	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
10.53	24	8	1	11	11	8	8	4
Kieran	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
19.01	34	15	2	13	16	10	15	2
Sothe	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
1.15	20	5	1	7	11	5	4	0
Jill	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
25.16	39	21	5	19	17	10	18	7
Stefan	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
8.35	38	19	8	27	25	5	12	9

One big long update. During playing I decided to not provide a turn-by-turn, unit-by-unit strategy anymore as my team is becoming too big.

chapter 16:

I BEXP the shit out of Tormod. He ends up at level 18. Ike uses boots. I want to get the full guard and the dracoshield

turn 1: Jill rescues Sothe, everyone moves forward

turn 2: everyone continues to move right

turn 3: the moving continues. Jill aims for the middle chest room

turn 4: Even more moving

turn 5: Break into the middle chest room, and reach the throne room

turn 6: Sothe is dropped into the middle room, Jill moves to the left room. Kieran moves in there too to provide some blackup. Everyone else keeps themselves busy in the throne room

turn 7: Sothe opens the draco chest, Jill breaks into the left room, Kieran provides backup. Everyone else kills stuff in the throne room

turn 8: Could have completed the chapter in 7 turns, but =/ Jill grabs something from a chest, Sothe grabs the full guard, Kieran kills something and Ike clears

chapter 17-1

The big one. I BEXP no one, expecting the useful characters to promote this chapter. Tormod gets a max MT fire tome. Rolf and Sothe are not deployed

turn 1: Everyone pushes up. I make sure Stefan isn't too far up so he can kill the turn 3 reinforcements.

turn 2: Pushing up even more. Jill flies on ahead to take out the stuff there, Oscar, Tormod and Kieran trail behind her

turn 3: Stefan attacks the myrm reinforcements with the vague katti, a shove chain is formed to get Mia to him and equip his iron sword afterward. Jill kills the Sniper, passes a spear on to Oscar, and Kieran and Oscar kill off the mages on EP

turn 4: the final myrm isn't killed on EP, so reinforcements appear and I'm stuck on this map longer. People move around to kill them ASAP

turn 5: unfortunately the same process repeats on turn 4 EP. Reinforcements are properly murdered this time

chapter 17-2

turn 1: Jill goes right, everyone else goes left

turn 2: Jill goes right, everyone else goes left

turn 3: Jill goes right, everyone else goes left

turn 4: stuff is killed, Jill arrives

chapter 17-3

No matter what I do here, it's still waiting around 10 turns. Considering this is also an easy defense map, I will not provide a turn by turn strategy

chapter 17-4

turn 1: Jill goes to kill the meteor mage, everyone else goes down

turn 2: Meteor mage killed, Jill canto's in range of the units surrounding Oliver. Everyone else keep themselves busy with the units in the south

turn 3: Going greamazing down south. Jill moves into Adept dude's range and heals

turn 4: Jill kills adept dude and moves into Oliver's range. Things are going smoothly down south. Oliver is killed EP

Chapter 18:

I don't really do anything in the base. I get Tanith this chapter though. Yay second flier. Gonna try and recruit Shinon. I'm not gonna care about describing the strategies anymore. I just rush the castle and leave Boyd behind to take care of reinforcements. I recruit Shinon again and I rush the rest of hte chapter. I nab the recover and Wrath. Chapter 18 is completed in 10 turns.

chapter 19:

Shinon back and BEXP the shit out of him. BEXPing him instead of Rolf saves me the hassle of having to raise the latter's weapon rank, while both aren't exactly good. I decide to give both skillbooks to Tormod, because his sucks. Oscar and Jill are bgoth arm scolled one axe level. Kieran and Oscar both get Sol. Ike gets the Talisman.

Now as for strategy. I of course want Naesala to disappear to wherever he came from. To that end, I have deployed Reyson, Ulki and Janaff. They will not see any combat if I have any say in it. I use Tanith's reinforcements to lure Naesala, then pester him away with the birds. The rest of the chapter is a more or less usual boss rush. I gang up on the boss on turn 5, and the chapter ends.

chapter 20:

Calill the trampy sage joins me. Hilariously, she has better stats than Tormod. She gets a spirit dust. Because I forgot to do it before, Provoke is removed from Shinon. He also gets a max Mt and crit steel bow forge.

Another boss rush, Kieran Tormod and Calill go toward the Smite house, Tanith, Shinon and Jill go through the middle, everyone else goes through the south. On turn 5, Calill Meteors Shiraham's butt And Tanith kills him, after which Ike clears.

chapter 21:

I decide it's time to clean out everyone's inventory. Shinon gets Shade. That's about it, really. This chapter, I have to seize a throne with Ena on it, so I take out the laguz killers and guard. There are a couple of items I want to get this chapter, the brave sword, energy drop and thoron. Getting the talisman, killing edge and parity would be cute but I won't take extra turns to get them. I also want to recruit Tauroneo for his sexy items, but again not enough to sacrifice turns over him.

So, the chapter is little more than, yet again, a boss rush. Only this time without a healer and Titania. Whenever Tanith has a moment, she summons reinforcements and I just let them rampage on their own. This turns out to be an effective strategy, as they bait sleep staffers and kill the weaker stuff just fine. Tanith takes the effort to kill the sleep bishops as soon as possible, everyone just rushes up. My initial plan of rescuedropping some people near the throne room gets thwarted by a sleep staffed Jill, so I decide to normally rush there.

In the end, I didn't do some things as efficiently as I could have done them. I have a ton of chest keys, I should have outfitted everyone with one so they can all open up chests. The way I did it, I was forced to use Sothe. After 13 hellish turns, I clear the chapter.

chapter 22:

Mia, Ike, Kieran, Oscar and Tormod get BEXP'd to level 7. Boyd gets Smite. It probably isn't very useful giving it to him as I think I should just rush the chapter. Which is what I'm gonna do. There's only one item I'm interested in anyway; the spirit dust.

Shinon, Mia, Oscar and Kieran go after the spirit dust, everyone else just rushes the boss. On turn 2, the spirit dust is obtained and the boss is quickly mopped up. Most of the priests are still alive, even.

chapter 23:

Ranulf GET. With this my team is complete. He immediately gets the demi band so I can always use him. Anyway, on to the chapter. It's once again a boss rush so that's what I'm gonna do. None of the items I can get this chapter are worth getting. I'm not gonna provide a strategy for this chapter because it annoys me and you can only move forward. I almost forget to bring the knight killer. Chapter is cleared on turn 7. Haar is also recruited for his Brave Axe.

chapter 24:

I decide to put all my BEXP in to Ranulf, cause why not. I need Sothe for one more chapter and he's useless for combat anyway, and Rolf can't be saved with all the BEXP in the world. So Ranulf it is. He is gets to level 13, the rest goes into Shinon. I decide to give my final energy drop to Tanith. Ranulf gets the final speedwing because his spd won't go over 23 and he has the demi band. Which leaves the draco shield. Boyd's defense has been bugging me, so he receives it.

On to the actual chapter. Because I can deploy 11 units, Calill sits this one out. I want the items in both the villages, Saviour and Nihil. Ike will obviously rush toward the arrive tile while Tanith and Jill rush toward the boss and his house, and half the rest of the team to the other one. I use Lucia and Bastian because there's very little in the way of them avoiding combat.

With some more shoving, I could have gotten a 5 turn completion, but the 6 turn is also acceptable.

chapter 25:

Jill gets Savior, Mia gets Adept, Shinon gets Deadeye because who else will use the occult scroll anyway, Jill gets Vantage, Ike gets Wrath.

On to the chapter. I always hate this one. The boss is fairly easy, but he moves and only your fliers can't really take him. Tanith gets the flame lance to kill him. Also a good thing I still have a use of Bolting left. Gromell is immediately lured, hit with Bolting and then raped by Jill and Tanith.

The rest of the chapter is reduced to little more than mopping up the rest of the enemies. Jill moves up to the highest ledge and things start attacking her. In any case, the enemies are cleared at EP turn 5.

Turncount: 234

Unit stats right after chapter 25:

"Chapter 25
"	Level	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
Ike	28.37	49	21	7	23	24	14	18	13
Boyd	28.39	51	25	1	20	21	13	14	7
Oscar	30.38	46	20	8	23	22	12	19	10
Shinon	13.53	41	17	8	23	21	13	15	10
Mia	29.47	45	20	8	23	27	16	12	9
Rolf	11.7	24	8	2	12	11	9	8	4
Kieran	28.36	42	21	5	20	23	12	20	8
Sothe	1.15	20	5	1	7	11	5	4	0
Jill	14.83	45	25	8	23	21	12	21	10
Stefan	12.1	41	21	8	29	27	6	13	10
Tormod	28.85	35	7	22	22	20	14	9	21
Tanith	15.39	35	20	11	21	26	20	16	14
Calill	9.13	34	9	24	19	19	16	9	18
Ranulf	14.46	53	28	4	24	24	15	24	10

Home stretch!

Edited by Excelkitty

chapter 26:

In preparation for his BK fight, Ike gets ALL BEXP funneled into him over the next coupler of chapters. This batch of BEXP gets him to level 11.

On to the actual chapter. Another boss rush chapter, like so many before it now. Ike gets shoved by anyone who can and then moves forward with everyone else following him. Elincia will be carefully guarded to avoid her entering combat, and she won't be healing. Ike then uses his full move for a couple of turns and finally moves in and attacks Bertram. Tormod goes in for the kill the next turn. The chapter is cleared in 5 turns.

chapter 27:

Ike gets 2 more levels of BEXP, which puts him on lvl 14. I'm gonna try to have him level more in chapter 27 by giving him provoke for now. Jill gets a max Mt Silver lance forge.

The only chest I'm interested in this chapter is the resolve scroll. It's in the left chest room, so that's obviously where I'm going to focus my attention. To avoid having to bring Sothe again, I gave some people some door- and chest keys. Ike and about half the group go through the middle, everyone else goes to the left, the right side of the map is completely ignored.

I get Resolve on turn 4. On turn 6, I get bolganone from the chest and I clear. Ike goes into the BK fight at level 16, with Skl and Spd maxed and 5 elixers in his inventory, Mist immediately runs. The game of cat and mouse continues for a little while.

I can confirm that the BK will will always try to 1range Ike and it isn't made any easier by a wrath that refuses to give me my much-needed crits. Not to mention the 5 turn limit. Ike basically needs to crit twice in a row for me to beat BK, and I come close several times, but on the I dunno how manieth try, it works and I kill BK at turn 3. 9 turns for chapter 27 in total and Nasir GET.

chapter 28:

Ike gets Resolve and gets benched this chapter. I give Ranulf Nihil for the heck of it. Boyd gets all the BEXP.

I can not deploy 1 of my units, so I decide to drop Nasir for this chapter. It's yet another mindless boss rushing chapter so that's what I intend to do. There's unfortunately a sleep staffer yet again and this really annoys the living daylight out of me. Regardless of personal feelings, I'm going to attempt to rescuedrop Ike near the boss and murder everything from there. The rest of the team will keep themselves busy with all the enemies. Chapter is cleared in 6 turns.

finale:

Nothing much happens in the base.

I have tried to lowturn this chapter, and it ended in disaster. I will first kill off a good number of enemies, and then deal with Ashnard. Ike moves into Ashnard's range at turn 6. Chapter is beat on turn 8, and I get to sit through the long ass ending.

turncounts for the entire run:

BEXP	turns
P	0	4
1	170	7
2	160	9
3	160	10
4	180	16
5	0	6
6	170	17
7	240	14
8	150	8
9	200	13
10	330	9
11	420	8
12	200	9
13	200	8
14	270	6
15	540	6
16	400	8
17	700	23
18	300	10
19	510	5
20	400	5
21	400	13
22	580	2
23	400	7
24	400	6
25	300	5
26	500	5
27	400	9
28	400	6
F	0	8
T	9080	262

Opinions about all units:

Ike: He's Ike. Since I had a turn more on chapter 1, I had Ike use the Seraph there and it aided him greatly on chapter 2. Considering I had to nearly solo some maps with him early on, he grew fast. Overall probably the best unit this PT

Boyd: Boyd is Boyd, I gave him the first speedwing and he consistently doubled from then on, even some myrms and SMs have gotten doubled by him. Very useful earlygame, but because of his defensive problems (no, HP doesn't solve them) I put him up as frontliner less and less. He has probably the 2nd best early game offense. He got axes on promotion, obviously.

Oscar: Didn't even need earth supports. Nuff said. His offense has big problems early on, but he has good defensive stats in return.

Shinon: Not as bad a unit as some people make him out to be. Yes, I gave him like 10 levels of BEXP, but Tormod took more and in the end, I consider both of them even in usefulness. But that may be because I didn't give him the staves.

Mia: At first I thought this relationship with Mia wasn't going to work out. Both her offense and defense were problematic. Luckily for her, she was often 3 hit so it wasn't so bad I had to constantly guard her and he offense was still miles above Rolf's so I didn't give up hope. I ended up feeding her an energy ring and a seraph, two decisions I haven't regretted.

Rolf: I tried you Rolf, don't say I haven't. It's just that... You need way more BEXP and spoonfeeding than Shinon would ever need and then I still wouldn't have weapon levels or even supreme stats. Every time you're out on the field, you're a detriment to your team. I seriously don't get why you should be not be at the bottom of every tier.

Kieran: In the end didn't need Earth supports. Because there were no Titania or Gatrie or Brom to take into account this PT, I ended up giving the KW to Kieran. The result was a Kieran with way above average Spd and doing quite a bit of doubling.

Sothe: Another waste of time. There's only so many chests in the game that are actually worth opening and there's always another way of opening them, be it other thieves, Ravens or chest keys. Even your door unlocking abilities are unneeded. Along with having no prospects of late game usability, you're simply not worth effort of whatever kind.

Jill: If there were more than one Full Guard this game, your name would be written all over it, Jill. Really the only things you had problems with were bastillae and long range magic.

Stefan: You could ignore Mia and Zihark and get Stefan on chapter 15 instead. He comes with a level lead, good stats and nothing of that early underpoweredness. He is better than Mia in everything than availability and the only thing Zihark truly has on him is his Affinity and supports. All that awesome for just three turns? Yes please!

Tormod: Comes as a level 7 mage on chapter 16 when most of your units will promote around 17. His stats are comparable to a lvl 1 Soren. If you want to use him, pump BEXP into him. Lots of it. Offense is not good, but not bad either. He and Calill were the only units to get a support with each other.

Tanith: Simply because I had nobody else to make use of them, I dumped all magic weapons I could on Tanith. That was a good choice. Reinfoce is also a very useful ability. She held herself pretty well for not having her usual sexy Earth supports

Calill: The only mage in this game that isn't a hassle to train up because she comes promoted with decent stats and sexy weapon levels. If on a no-staves run she's undoubtedly the best mage to get.

Ranulf: Lategame cannon. Yes I threw quite a bit of BEXP on him, it ended up being worth it.

Final thoughts:

Having no staves only slowed me down by so much. Yes, in certain chapters of earlygame I would have loved access to Rhys to not have to waste my turn on healing. Yes, having no answer to sleep staves was very annoying, but that was just about it. Not having access to the earth supports wasn;t as bad as I had thought either. What fucked over my turncount was not having Titania first, not having healers second. Not having kickass supports came in a distant third. I guess it goes to show how easy this game really is.

Ahh, I remember my first playthrough of POR. I had been fooled into

thinking Rolf was the best character in the game,

so I fed him BEXP and boss kills like crazy. Those were the days.... NewYearsEmoticon.gif

• 4 months later...