Alondite vs Wyrmslayer

On my HM playthrough, Mia is my only trueblade (besides lolstefan). What should I have blessed for 4E? I really hated 4E3, and it gave me hell on normal mode even despite my battle save abuse. Will sacrificing 7 MT and 10 HIT screw me over for Lehran and Ashera?

Btw, Mia isn't one of my powerhouse units, so I wouldn't be relying on her to carry the team against the other mantle bosses.

Also, I'm on 4-4, and haven't found a dragonfoe scroll. Did I miss it, or what?

Edited by Duke Tanas

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragonfoe's in 4-3, mon ami. It's in the desert.

Wyrmslayer...I've only blessed it once and it did me pretty well. Mia's actually a good source of damage against Auras with Alondite, though.

If you're bringing Mist, I'd have her bless it - but otherwise, Alondite's better.

Edited by Integrity

Well, if you have any better units to go against Lehran, then it's alright to have a Wyrmslayer.

Also, Dragonfoe is found as a hidden treasure in 4-3 (The desert one, Distortions).

That's a bummer about dragonfoe. Also, I'm pretty sure Mist isn't an SS rank in sword-wielding. Could I have her bless wyrmslayer and then dump it off to Mia, who would bless Alondite?

Well, if you have any better units to go against Lehran, then it's alright to have a Wyrmslayer.

It's not Lehran. Lehran can be reamed by most parties in a single turn of combat (including his four guardian spirits). It's that just about any unit who doesn't have a SS or thereabouts (barring some outliers like Boyd) is going to tink! Auras and Ashera and we don't want that, now do we?

Well, If you bless Alondite, you won't have enough usage for wyrmslayer to take lot's of dragons. Especially with Astra, and this isn't LTC probably. Unlimited Alondite + unlimited Wyrmslayer wins over Blessed Alondite vs Wyrmslayer. Imo

Well, If you bless Alondite, you won't have enough usage for wyrmslayer to take lot's of dragons. Especially with Astra, and this isn't LTC probably. Unlimited Alondite + unlimited Wyrmslayer wins over Blessed Alondite vs Wyrmslayer. Imo

Or you could just make two characters share and have them use both Alondite/Wyrm slayer.

What "lots" of dragons are we fighting in the entire course of the game that we need infinite Wyrmslayers? Last I checked most clears of 4-E-3 either consist of a half dozen or ten kills tops. Or, if you're obsessive and clearing the map, you're not doing it all from 1-range with one character.

Yeah?

What "lots" of dragons are we fighting in the entire course of the game that we need infinite Wyrmslayers? Last I checked most clears of 4-E-3 either consist of a half dozen or ten kills tops. Or, if you're obsessive and clearing the map, you're not doing it all from 1-range with one character.

Yeah?

Well, I do plan on clearing the map. tongue.gif Also, while Mia certainly won't be soloing it, having more than the 20 uses wyrmslayer usually comes with would be a big help. Also, killing Dheggy in one round will be significantly easier with a wyrmslayer. And mist is too weak to be fighting anyone with mantle anyway, so it's not like she's missing out.

And I only said lolstefan because I knew I wouldn't be using him because Mia is significantly better.

@ Jhen: The example I gave was where there was only one weapon to be blessed, since we knew Stefan wouldn't go into endgame, and Oliver would have to be kicked out to take mist, for blessing the wyrmslayer. Since we're helping Duke Tanas, kicking out oliver wouldn't be his favorite thing to do. Am I right? Which probably leaves only 1 Sword blessing. Otherwise the whole topic wouldn't have to exist.

@ Integ: As I said, Lots of dragons, I thought it wouldn't be for LTC, so yeah, it's about clearing the whole map. Try that with one one wyrmslayer or one silver forge. =/

Okay, you two.

Here's the deal: Wyrmslayer is 1-frakkin'-range. This means that Mia is getting no more than 1 kill per turn with it (two if you're saucy and position her precisely right). If she's doubling and taking two charges per use of Wyrmslayer to kill one dragon, that's ten kills in ten turns. Granted, you can assign the Heron to be her special buttbuddy but the OP didn't sound like he was trying to SuparFavoritize Mia. If she crits on the first attack (which she ought to occasionally) that's an extra dragon on top of the ten she can kill. There are only, what, thirty dragons on the map tops? I never counted them.

That means that Mia would only break the Wyrmslayer if she were hand-fed half the kills on the map - and are we not considering the other team of, what, 12 standing around picking their collective bums?

And let's cap this off with there are actually two Wyrmslayers in the game (maybe three?). I'm not going to assume the OP has both of them, but as a general rule that's still way more than enough.

Edited by Integrity

Okay, you two.

Here's the deal: Wyrmslayer is 1-frakkin'-range. This means that Mia is getting no more than 1 kill per turn with it (two if you're saucy and position her precisely right). If she's doubling and taking two charges per use of Wyrmslayer to kill one dragon, that's ten kills in ten turns. Granted, you can assign the Heron to be her special buttbuddy but the OP didn't sound like he was trying to SuparFavoritize Mia. If she crits on the first attack (which she ought to occasionally) that's an extra dragon on top of the ten she can kill. There are only, what, thirty dragons on the map tops? I never counted them.

That means that Mia would only break the Wyrmslayer if she were hand-fed half the kills on the map - and are we not considering the other team of, what, 12 standing around picking their collective bums?

And let's cap this off with there are actually two Wyrmslayers in the game (maybe three?). I'm not going to assume the OP has both of them, but as a general rule that's still way more than enough.

If you count the reinforcements through turn six, there are about fifty dragons. Unless I added wrong on the HM enemy stats thread.

Nevertheless, you make a good point. 15-ish kills would be plenty of output out of Mia. I could have Mist bless a silver forge I made, because she doesn't have a good enough sword rank to bless the Katti, and Mia is getting Alondite.

Thanks!

Take along a few royals and Rafiel and 1 turn 4-E-3.

Is it possible to pull that off if one hasn't picked up the Rescue Staff, though? I don't know if Duke Tanas remembered to get a thief to pick up the item.

There are quite a few you can buy from Bargains, actually. At least four if I remember correctly. Anyway, blessing a Wyrmslayer solely to use it on Dehgensea is not a bad use for a blessing, especially if you're bringing Mist or someone equally useless with Swords to Endgame. Not necessary, but not a bad idea.

I'm at 4E-3 and I don't have a rescue staff, or Rafiel for that matter.. And Kitty, while it would be helpful, my other units would most likely be able to ORKO the Dragon king without wyrmslayer.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm going to keep my wyrmslayer unblessed and bless a forge for Mist, and Alondite for Mia.

Is it possible to pull that off if one hasn't picked up the Rescue Staff, though? I don't know if Duke Tanas remembered to get a thief to pick up the item.

You can shove Ena a lot. I got lazy and used a charge of Rescue.