Alondite vs Wyrmslayer

I don't think you'd particularly need to bless Wyrmslayer; I doubt you'll burn through all 15 uses of every single Wyrmslayer unless you try killing absolutely everything on the map.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, some would probably just bless it because they were having problems with Dheg or something.

It would probably be less of an issue if you had a Marksman who can 3-range chip him though, probably. Haven't gotten that far yet, but that would seem to be the case.

The problem is, you have to kill him quickly because he recovers 30 HP per turn and he also has a force ways that hurts your units. Then there's the fact that there's tons of Dragons in that place, most of them who actually pose a threat...(Especially those facking White Dragons. They suck)

Ike with Wyrmslayer and Ena alone does 50 damage to Deghinsea. Should be pretty easy to kill him with that.

For Alondite... having flexibility on your Trueblades isn't really needed. They don't need to use White Pool to double, after all, and the best way to use them is to give them Parity and have them attack the Cover Auras (they deal about 44 damage with the Vague Katti, which is almost half of an Aura's health). The 4 damage is pretty small, but if they don't need to set up triangle attacks or Dragon Tides, you don't really need the positioning either.

Ike with Wyrmslayer and Ena alone does 50 damage to Deghinsea. Should be pretty easy to kill him with that.

For Alondite... having flexibility on your Trueblades isn't really needed. They don't need to use White Pool to double, after all, and the best way to use them is to give them Parity and have them attack the Cover Auras (they deal about 44 damage with the Vague Katti, which is almost half of an Aura's health). The 4 damage is pretty small, but if they don't need to set up triangle attacks or Dragon Tides, you don't really need the positioning either.

The Vague Katti also has 15 more hit, which helps against the Auras.

Anyways, all this talk of damaging Dheginsea got me curious, so I compiled a list of the best Dheginsea damage-dealers, assuming max stats and weapon ranks and Blood Tide. Enjoy:

Potential Damage to Dheginsea (sans supports):

Caineghis: 50

Giffca: 50

Ike w Wyrmslayer: 50

Skrimir: 48

Seraph Knight w Wyrmslayer: 40

Male Swordmaster w Wyrmslayer: 40

Female Swordmaster w Wyrmslayer: 38

Tibarn: 38

Elincia w Wyrmslayer: 36

Reaver w Urvan: 34

Marksman w Double Bow: 32

Nailah: 30

Ilyana w Rexbolt: 29

Naesala: 28

Ike w Urvan: 28

Hawk: 26

Astrid w Double Bow: 26

Mist w Wyrmslayer: 26

Kieran w Wyrmslayer: 24

Jill w Urvan: 24

To relate this back to the main topic slightly, blessing a Wyrmslayer or two really does open up more options to 1-turn Dheginsea. Without blessed Wyrmslayers, you almost need at least one Lion.

Edited by aku chi

• 5 months later...

Deathgrip? Pish. I have a lot of fun with my casually efficient playthoughs when I'm not playing a draft. If I don't achieve the 'absolute lowest' turncount, I'm not particularly fussed. Often, I don't even try.

I mean why waste time trying to 2-turn a map when you can get like 10 times the XP killing all the enemies? It's the only way I've managed a tier 3 Edward in part 1.