Anyone else think the non-kill criticals look better than the killing ones?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only do that when I'm in a hurry. Otherwise I really like to watch attacks. And when there's a critical I like watching that too =D

A rexbolt critical :3

Rexbolt for best animation ever.

I think the animations are really nice I like RD's more than PoR's, I can't really decide my favorite animation but mages have interesting animations (lol @ Oliver doing air flips). I didn't really like the knights/general's animations though I had to turn off BK's animation on ch. 1-9 the first time I played the game.

btw does someone have a link to the non kill criticals? found it

WOW i've never seen a non kill critical :O they look really nice

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

btw does someone have a link to the non kill criticals?

The video on this page has them along with the killing ones. Never mind.

As for the topic question, I think that the killing ones almost invariably look better. They're flashier and more indicative of the large amount of damage being dealt.

Edited by Radiant Kitty

A rexbolt critical :3

Rexbolt for best animation ever.

Definitely can't argue with that. Those rex- tomes outshine criticals. =D They really look like they should all be criticals, or at least 1 hit KO's

EDIT: Well just a lot of tomes look like they should not just Rex

@Elincia (or now Kittylincia =D)

This has both kills and non-kills.

Edited by Agnaktor

eh, I've seen like all the animations of FE10 and its lost its shebang. the high magic tomes are just overkill to me, cymbaline especially. THAT SHIT WOULD BURN YOU TO SHREDS!!! instead I'm forced to give her an energy drop and other stat boosters to be worth a shit -.-

Edited by Fenrir

The video on this page has them along with the killing ones. Never mind.

As for the topic question, I think that the killing ones almost invariably look better. They're flashier and more indicative of the large amount of damage being dealt.

I like them all ^^' imo mages have the coolest crit animations especially Izuka's

Eh, killing or not-killing, I like them, but I think the magic users often times have a more impressive or interesting non-killing ones.

And yes, it has both. I don't have only the non-killing. I didn't make the videos either.

I didn't make the videos either.

*waves hi* shine.gif

I might have actually found a way to capture this stuff on Dolphin, without all the glitches I experienced before:

I think that solidified my decision for a redo or not.

I WILL redo it, but not for a LONG time. But it's gonna be nice seeing it in crystal clear Wii HD :P

Hmm, my dolphin works just fine. =/ Just low FPS, but I can just speed it up in screenflow. Music off, only sound effects, and copy, paste those to match the attacks. Then add Music.

Anyway... About the slow generals.... They looked faster in POR, because in RD, you have Dragonmasters, that fly, and go back, so they have to walk an insane distance. In POR, they could counterattack immediately.

I really liked it when Micaiah survived a Killing edge myrmidon critical. First Non Killing Crit I ever saw. =3

Hmm, my dolphin works just fine. =/ Just low FPS, but I can just speed it up in screenflow. Music off, only sound effects, and copy, paste those to match the attacks. Then add Music.

Anyway... About the slow generals.... They looked faster in POR, because in RD, you have Dragonmasters, that fly, and go back, so they have to walk an insane distance. In POR, they could counterattack immediately.

I really liked it when Micaiah survived a Killing edge myrmidon critical. First Non Killing Crit I ever saw. =3

Yes! I thought those were the ones that made them have to walk so far. I just wasn't sure if it was really them or not xD

Regarding the video, I think the Dheginsea/Sephiran/Ashera battles are the best for showing off criticals, because you can see it from a better angle. Would be nice to see them from a bit of a distance and just see all of it at once.

It's a nice view... I'll admit. But it's gonna be like everything else.

After a while, you're gonna get tired of that angle too. Kinda meh... it's like recording Fixed Camera and the Regular Camera angles.

Ah, nah, I just meant it's good to see everything. Otherwise it can be tough to see some parts. But whatever, I just want to be able to tell what's going on with the Druids and such anyways. :P

Ah, nah, I just meant it's good to see everything. Otherwise it can be tough to see some parts. But whatever, I just want to be able to tell what's going on with the Druids and such anyways. :P

My capture card had crappy settings on it. The lighting during Criticals and Spells didn't help.

No, what I mean is... it's rather hard, for instance, to see the circle under the Mages during criticals, because of the angle. Because the angle is zoomed out for those battles, you can see everything going on all at once. Does that make sense? Does to me, but wasn't a lightning issue for me.