Weapon Effectiveness question

ThatGuyDownTheStreet

So I was wondering how can one create an effectiveness? Like say I wanted to make a weapon that was effective against magic units only, how would I go about doing that? Also, is it possible to add classes to current effectivenesses? Like say I wanted to put the Great Knight class in, but I have to make it so that horseslayers and armorslayers can be effective against them, but I can only make them effective to horseslayers 'cause I replaced it over the female cavalier class. How would I make it so that the Great Knight class could also be affected by armorslayers as well? Thanks for your time!

That would probably be something that would take some ASM hacking to do. If it were possible at all.

I've seen it done before. Like in Tactics Universe, the Nothung is effective against all magic users. I'm pretty sure Blazer is not too big on ASM hacking himself, unless I'm mistaken.

Item editor.

See that "Effectiveness Pointer"?

It's a pointer to somewhere in the ROM. If you look at any bow, you'd see it as 0x8C97ED2.

Go to 0xC97ED2 in a Hex Editor.

32 33 34 35 36 37 00

It's a list of classes to be effective against, ending with a 00.

0x32 = Pegasus Knight

0x33 = Falcon Knight

0x34 = Wyvern Rider

0x35 = Wyvern Rider Female

0x36 = Wyvern Lord

0x37 = Wyvern Lord Female

Item editor.

See that "Effectiveness Pointer"?

It's a pointer to somewhere in the ROM. If you look at any bow, you'd see it as 0x8C97ED2.

Go to 0xC97ED2 in a Hex Editor.

32 33 34 35 36 37 00

It's a list of classes to be effective against, ending with a 00.

0x32 = Pegasus Knight

0x33 = Falcon Knight

0x34 = Wyvern Rider

0x35 = Wyvern Rider Female

0x36 = Wyvern Lord

0x37 = Wyvern Lord Female

So just put 00 where I need to and then it will only be effective against Pegasi? I'm also assuming this is how you make effectivenesses as well, but do you have any suggestions to where the best place to put one is? Anyways, thanks for the information.

Wherever there's free space in your ROM.

If you want just want it effective against Pegasus, put a 32 then a 00.

00 ends the list of classes.

So basically, if you want an Iron Sword Effective against... let's say... against Warriors, and let's say you have free space at 0xD02050

Put 0x8D02050 in your Nightmare Module for the Iron Sword's "Effectiveness" slot.

Then in a Hex Editor, AFTER saving in Nightmare, go to 0xD02050 in a Hex Editor and put in 13 00 at that offset.

Wherever there's free space in your ROM.

If you want just want it effective against Pegasus, put a 32 then a 00.

00 ends the list of classes.

So basically, if you want an Iron Sword Effective against... let's say... against Warriors, and let's say you have free space at 0xD02050

Put 0x8D02050 in your Nightmare Module for the Iron Sword's "Effectiveness" slot.

Then in a Hex Editor, AFTER saving in Nightmare, go to 0xD02050 in a Hex Editor and put in 13 00 at that offset.

Oh okay, I get it. Thank you very much.