SF user tier list of stereotypical

[Notes to creator of prospective Fftf user tier list is in brackets]

[Tiers have general names. Be sure to be making yours not boring! Exception is the required Trueblade Tier, which have a neat name, but feel free to be changing it!]

Top Tier

Tangerine

[Rfof here is optional, but if not putting her here then she goes at top of high]

High Tier

[Various staff members are to be placed here]

[Put few people of your friend list you REALLY liking here]

Mid Tier

[Everyone else on your friend list to be going here. Remember, yours friends are only people being important!]

Low Tier

EVERYONE ELSE [caps lock a requirement]

Bottom Tier

[Place for peoples on your ignore list]

Trueblade Tier

Trueblade

[Remember deviation from this formula which all user tier lists use will make a failure out of yours!]

[if feeling original one can break apart tiers into upper and lower components]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your tier list template has some clear flaws. I'm beginning to think you're not even the sharpest spoon in the drawer. Let us go over each.

Top Tier

Tangerine

[Rfof here is optional, but if not putting her here then she goes at top of high]

For starters, calling it the top tier is wrong. It is the tier that is at the top of the list. It doesn't necessarily mean they're top in terms of actual placement, it's a safety precaution. Sort of like a "can't let the [wo]man get you down" kind of thing.

High Tier

[Various staff members are to be placed here]

Well, what you forget to account for in terms of mods and admins is that these individuals have already proven to have high parameters. Tier lists don't just have to be what the creator favors, they also take tabs of efficiency from time to time. Since mods and admins are the ones that keep the forums from falling into total anarchy, of course they would at least be in higher tiers. Think of it in terms of a sort of casual playthrough of some generic game in a semi-challenging difficulty: you can use the units you like, but to have an overall efficient experience, you need the efficient units. The mods and admins are those in this case.

Mid Tier[Everyone else on your friend list to be going here. Remember, yours friends are only people being important!]

This tier is especially general. You don't take in the fact that people have varying quantities of friends list. For example, I have 73. Do you honestly expect me to place 73 people? No.

Low TierEVERYONE ELSE [caps lock a requirement]

To call it a "low tier" is an inaccuracy. It is a placeholder to include all of those on SF whom the creator of the list would be unable to place, as they have not witnessed their parameters. To call them "low" tier would assume that the creator is judging every single person on SF and defaulting them to a low tier under the assumption that they have never used them. No, think of it more like a "Never Used" tier for a game. They're not "bad," per se, the user is just not familiar enough with them to be able to place them somewhere.

Bottom Tier[Place for peoples on your ignore list]

I cannot confirm or refute this, as the average shmoe cannot view ignore lists. However, in this case "Bottom Tier" is missing a component or two. Banned members, poor trolls, and spammers by default fall into this category. Those people aren't necessarily on ignore lists. And even then, someone might deviate from the norm and put them near the top due to the amusement factor that their stupidity provides.

Trueblade TierTrueblade

Trueblade doesn't necessarily have to have his own tier. He could be in the bottom tier with others. Or, again, on a high tier because his stupidity gave amusement.

[Remember deviation from this formula which all user tier lists use will make a failure out of yours!]

The phraseology of this guideline is entirely inaccurate and could very well provide confusion, or even subvert the entire tier list. You are suggesting that every single tier list follows this very template, but that has also been proven to be false. There are some specialty tier lists, like Eclipse's mafia tier list or various mod tier lists that do not follow this at all, and yet they are tier lists of users.

Conclusion: Your entire template is based on a false premise. Back to the drawing board.

Edited by Lux Aeterna

Spot on, I couldn't have done it better myself. Now I'll never be lost when I make my ultimate SF User Tier list ever again.

Also Lolux.

Edited by Kitty M

Lux, even if you didn't realize you were being trolled as you wrote that, it was still brilliant (admittedly only what I read). Thus the trolled became amazing.

I highly favor Tangerine but I would place Vasm first on any SF tier list if I was in my right mind, and Rfof near Tangerine if I was kindhearted.

Edited by Loki Laufeyjarson

Lux, even if you didn't realize you were being trolled as you wrote that, it was still brilliant (admittedly only what I read). Thus the trolled became amazing.

Somehow I had a feeling you would like it. 8D And again, I know it was trolling, but I did it anywayyy

Wait, you can ignore mods and admins?

Umm, as I think you probably know by now, I am actually the secret mod of SF who holds the reigns in my hands, and when I told the SF hierarchy to ban tangerine and unban hikarusa they warned me instead. So essentially the admins ignored their commander in chief.

Pretty sure mod impersonation is OK here.

Edited by Loki Laufeyjarson