Playtesting request for my Fire emblem hack

MarkyJoe1990

Hello. I've been practicing my skills in level design lately, and have been having people playtest my hack (Called the "Help Me, Help You" project on the emblem brigade forums). I was wondering if anyone on serenes would like to join. Preferably people who are very skilled at fire emblem.

Here's some screens of the hack.

BASERO~2_01.pngMountain%20stage%20again.pngOhshithector.png

I take criticism VERY seriously, however, recently I've been finding that not everyone gives the best feedback, and some of it is counterintuitive to my intentions. I've been hoping to look for people with high credibility to make sure my chapter is both challenging and fun.

Thanks in advance.

I'll give it a shot. Don't know how skilled I am at FE. I have beaten several hard modes like FE7-10, FE11 H5. SNES didn't have a hard mode and I beat them all already. I like original story so I'll be reading the script thoroughly. PM me, I do love playing FE's

Oh. My.

Please. Give. Something to do, yes, and by a good hacker (IMO). I can take screenshots of things while playing on my DS while I'm on my trip. As well as take notes on my iPhone. I've played several FE's and have experience in betatesting, hacking, and constructive criticism. Just get it to me by tomorrow and I'll do it. =D

But if not, that's cool too. XP

Edited by Luffy

DAW, I THOUGHT I WAS SPECIAL.

There's about 10 people who are playtesters for the chapter. Sorry buddy. ;)

@Luffy: I'll send it to you ASAP. However, right now I'm making a few map changes (which also means I need to change enemy placements to fit the changes).

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Well, I've beaten the chapter.

It was quite challenging, and also quite fun. I really liked the first few turns, which packed tons of action.

Then at turn 8, it all went into a breeze when I had defeated almost all enemies (a few left, and the ones near the castle).

Then when I commenced my attack on the castle itself, more units appeared, and I loved that.

The 2nd wave of reinforcements was excusable, and made it a bit more challenging and fun.

But the 3rd almost made my crap my pants, but... I happened to survive by eating toast (lol), playing defensive, and being extremely lucky.

The boss was a joke.

Link was good. He almost killed Feltyn, but Feltyn dodged his 2nd Brave Sword strike, and the incoming Nomad and Monk.

So overall it's been challenging and fun, although you have to depend on luck a little bit at times.

And my only complain is the 3rd wave of reinforcements near the castle, it was a bit too much, and I was really lucky to survive it.

Oh, also, Lucy's supposed to be able to Seize, but she couldnt for me.

Edited by Feawr The Kitty

Well, I've beaten the chapter.

It was quite challenging, and also quite fun. I really liked the first few turns, which packed tons of action.

Then at turn 8, it all went into a breeze when I had defeated almost all enemies (a few left, and the ones near the castle).

Then when I commenced my attack on the castle itself, more units appeared, and I loved that.

The 2nd wave of reinforcements was excusable, and made it a bit more challenging and fun.

But the 3rd almost made my crap my pants, but... I happened to survive by eating toast (lol), playing defensive, and being extremely lucky.

The boss was a joke.

Link was good. He almost killed Feltyn, but Feltyn dodged his 2nd Brave Sword strike, and the incoming Nomad and Monk.

So overall it's been challenging and fun, although you have to depend on luck a little bit at times.

And my only complain is the 3rd wave of reinforcements near the castle, it was a bit too much, and I was really lucky to survive it.

Oh, also, Lucy's supposed to be able to Seize, but she couldnt for me.

This is very useful feedback.

Which parts in particular did you feel relied on luck?

The 3rd wave of reinforcements I just described, and vs Link, but that was mostly becuase I didnt know if Link would move (I asummed so), and I moved Feltyn very far up to the boss.

So I'd say the only change you have to make is the 3rd wave of reinforcements (you could remove it completely, or just change/decrease it).

The 3rd wave of reinforcements I just described, and vs Link, but that was mostly becuase I didnt know if Link would move (I asummed so), and I moved Feltyn very far up to the boss.

So I'd say the only change you have to make is the 3rd wave of reinforcements (you could remove it completely, or just change/decrease it).

Maybe this is just because I'm the author, but I didn't have too much trouble with the 3rd wave of reinforcements.

Though, here's a little fun fact; the 3rd wave of reinforcements aren't turn based. They start showing up once you've gotten close enough to the boss. I'll probably have to give the player a warning of this so it's more fair.

I knew about that, since they appeared exactly when I commenced my attack. But it didnt change anything.

Well, if you feel like they were good, then don't change it.

But it made it a bit less fun.

I knew about that, since they appeared exactly when I commenced my attack. But it didnt change anything.

Well, if you feel like they were good, then don't change it.

But it made it a bit less fun.

I could make it so the 3rd wave only goes on for two turns instead of three. Would that be more fair, or do you have a different suggestion?

That's exactly what I said. And with 3rd wave I meant the 3rd turn wave at the castle (aka the last wave of reinforcements in the whole chapter).

Oh I see. I misunderstood. Sorry.

Alright, I'll do as you asked.

EDIT: Fixed. Now only two waves come.

EDIT2: Just wondering... On what turn did you finally engage Link?

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

That's funny, because I didn't feel like any of the reinforcements near the castle were really threatening, but it might be because i'm used to it (and you have a few reinforcements at the starting point which is sort of a hint). It took some teamwork, but the whole chapter took teamwork, and I like that, because one unit being able to destroy everything makes it less fun. i did lose the priest and Lucy early on, which Lucy didn't cause a game over, and one of the nomads took the peg, but that was my fault for not noticing the longbow.dry.gif

Link wasn't that tough. the knight soaked up most of his attacks, with a few misses, but I had to use toast since Link can hit him 4 times with the brave sword, and that does add up against anything. But that just means it also breaks faster, leaving him vulnerable.

Other than that, I liked it. Not much more to say.biggrin.gif

I'm kinda surprised. When confronting Link, I usually use Shigeid, since he brings Link down to 4 HP, and can survive him no matter what.

And yeah, I agree with Claude about the end reinforcements, and as such I'm a bit conflicted about changing it, since people seem to have different opinions on it, and I don't know who's the most credible.

Depends on what you're looking for. I've only been playing FE for 3 years, but i've beaten everything except 4 and 5, and played most of the hacks found here. I've only actually tried ranking FE7 once, missing an S-rank in Lyn mode by one tactic star and getting a B overall in HNM afterwards. All english FE's I can and have beaten with no deaths.