Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

NEW UPDATE: C24 ENEMIES EDITED. NO LONGER ABLE TO STEAMROLL WITH JUST ROY

"Well we aren't going anywhere for a while, so why don't I tell you a story, about the true nature of a man."

swpqbd.jpg

The Game

Fire Emblem 6: The Divine War, is a hack I am working on in FE6, It's been 3 long years, lots of bugs, and lots of issues. Both mental, physical, and digital.

The Goal
To make FE6 as 'pretty' as I possibly can, to rework the entire story, following the same plot structure and hitting all the same beats, but expanding, rewriting, and generally improving. To add new characters, remix the supports, and add new maps, as well as combining the vanilla routes together for one experience. To make an experience I personally feel FE6 deserves.

The Features
What's being added to the game that wasn't there before?

-10 new playable characters, with their own supports. Guinevere, Eliwood, Lyn, Gale, Hector, Erik, Sigune, Erk, Nino and Mary

-A new story arc concerning the Lycian Counterattack against the Etrurian traitors inside the nation (Set between Chapter 14 and Chapter 16 in the original FE6)

-Several new weapons, sticking with Arthurian myth and the Song of Roland, or items that were cut from the game such as the Sea Sword

-New classes and rebalanced classes.

-Rebalanced bases and growths and levels.

-Route Splits no longer exist, in the case of the western isles, the player will do 11A (Subbing in for Chapter 10) and 11B (Subbing in for Chapter 11) and recruit everyone who is in that arc. in the case of Ilia and Sacae, the army will move north into Ilia and then south into Sacae before heading to Bern. If one was out of the way this split would be kept in but really theirs no reason not to hit Ilia if you're headed to Sacae.

-Maps are being remade, some completely, others will get some more minor changes.

-Magic/Strength Split (Meaning units can use magic and weapons, not that they have both stats)

-Canto for all mounted units

-I've changed the effective modifier of Horseslayer weaponry to effect Nomads and Troubadours

SPECIAL THANKS
Lisandra Brave-
Animations, Creative Feedback.
Amabel- Animations
Temp- Animations and Color palettes
Jubby- Sprite Sheets
The Blind Archer- For the animations you've given me permission to use, hopefully I'll put them to damn good use on this hack
Nintenlord- For the tools you've made, and for permission to use the Sword Armor sprite sheet to make an animation, And the questions you've answered
Mask-Kun- Maps
Various testers, editors and writers

CREDIT
Blazer- Questions regarding hacking, A Nightmare module.
shadowsofchaos- Questions, Bug Fixing
oracle_of_Fire- Animations

EXTRAS
These are things that may or may not be related to the current patch, but which don't really deserve their own threads

FE6: Roy's Promotion Time changed to 16/x (no other changes) FIXED
http://www.mediafire...mle7gutvbwqtciq
Just apply it with NUPS to any FE6 rom, it's a small hack and should work with other small hacks.

Edited by Onmi

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of game progress, is this completely done? If not, what chapter does the current patch end at?

It's completely playable. The additional content has all been added

I figured, but just had to ask. However now I'm getting an invalid or deleted file message when I click on the patch link.

Edited by Taku

Corrected ALL overpowered enemy units (well overpowered in the capping several stats with no way to kill them sense so far)

1.8 will feature stealable boss items and will come once I'm sure Chapter 16/16x works.

We've encountered a problem. Ilia Route specific. at the end of 16x after you capture the throne, the game plays the Chapter 20Ax Divine Weapon chapter opening. And then the chapter has a garbled title. I mean it's nothing gamebreaking or anything like that but It's bugging the crap out of me.

The odd thing this doesn't happen when the game transitions to the Sacae route, making me wonder if the error was in the original game (I always went Sacae so I wouldn't know)

Edited by Onmi

I've so far only played up to Chapter 3 but I noticed Ellen had her magic labelled as 'Str'.

Just saying.

This is not a bug. When Implementing the Magic/Strength split the game will automaticaly default the weapon page to display the Strength weapons and show the stat as strength. Because Ellen doesn't have offensive magic yet it will continue to display Strength until promotion and her getting a light tome.

This is not a bug. When Implementing the Magic/Strength split the game will automaticaly default the weapon page to display the Strength weapons and show the stat as strength. Because Ellen doesn't have offensive magic yet it will continue to display Strength until promotion and her getting a light tome.

Ah okay. Makes sense.

1) Bows are ridiculous now o_0

2) Animation doesn't show when Lilina counterattacks with the Luna Driver

3) Can you go into slightly more detail on the supports? What happened to insta-C-support for Roy/Lilina o_0

I wanted the balance between Bows and magic to be

-Bows get more range and strength, but they have to target defense, since you mostly fight melee units I figured defense would be higher to target (unless magic vs Res and strength vs Def are calculated different)

-Magic would get the extra effects like poison, HP drain, and (in a later patch) critting certain units like Aircalibur does for flyers. But suffer the range loss, but they can always counter during the enemy phase.

Now how successful this is? not sure, It definitly makes enemy archers something to fear, though if you think I should ramp back the Mt on the weapons a bit unchanged from the original) I could consider it.

Yeah I'm still mucking with the Luna Driver animation to fix it all it used to have the dark dragon breath but all that did was... well...

sighlk.png

Lilina? Lilina why are you setting yourself on fire? and why is this hurting the Thief?

Yeah.

I didn't muck anything about with Lilina and Roy's supports.they should still pretty much instant C-support.

All supports are either 20 base/3 growth, 30/3, 40/3, 40/4, 50/4, or 50/5 the higher ones are reserved for guys like Yodel and Karel who come late, or couples/family like Zealot and Yuuno. The only ones who don't abide by this is the 'family' of Lugh, Ray, Hugh, Niime who support circle at 35/3

Something I came across while playing in the desert chapter (Chapter 14), pretty much all explained in the video:

I had to do the same for the boss as well, he seemed to have two lives as well.

Something I came across while playing in the desert chapter (Chapter 14), pretty much all explained in the video:

I had to do the same for the boss as well, he seemed to have two lives as well.

Curious, I thought this was caused by something I had done via codebreaker to test the chapter, but apparently not. I don't know why it happened (the only thing I did for this map was add Guinevere) But I'll give it a looksie.

Okay I've figured out the cause was Guinevere, seeing if I can add her to the map without causing this problem.

Well that's just fucking prime. (I've been watching a lot of Beast Wars, sue me.) For some reason the game HATES to let Guinevere into the allied side in any other position. for reasons I can't quite fathom it just HATES

SHOOP DOOP BA WOOP FIXED IT!

I had to crack open Event Assembler to do it and all systems seem to be running green, Gotta make a different adjustment right now but then I'll have a fix up?

Edited by Onmi

Interesting hack but I immediately have some concerns from the very first chapter;

* Lances are now clearly inferior than axes. Less HIT and MT?

* The buffs to Marcus. He was one of the best units in the original game, let alone now! I think him having higher growths is fine, but if anything his base stats should have remained exactly as they were, if not even a bit lower in favour of more growth.

* Bors' base stats are still as bad as ever. You've given him some nice growths, but honestly bases are far more important.

* Wolt's base stats are still too low, and his growths are now overkill. Again, there isn't a balance here. Bows are now much better of course, but that only makes his growths more overkill than they already are, even if they help him early on.

* Alan and Lance's new growths... Did they really need to be buffed? Like Marcus, they were more than good enough before.

Roy seems to be the only character with good changes. High growths is important for someone who premotes as late as he does (unless you've changed that). Rapier could use a buff, though.

If you want some guidance on balance changes then take a look at this. But then my hack (yet to be properly finished/released) is primarily a difficulty one, so some of the balance changes are made in account for that. Although I realise your changes are meant to have made the game easier (by having higher growth total)? If that's the intention then I suppose it matters little; I don't think balance is too important if so.

Interesting hack but I immediately have some concerns from the very first chapter;

* Lances are now clearly inferior than axes. Less HIT and MT?

* The buffs to Marcus. He was one of the best units in the original game, let alone now! I think him having higher growths is fine, but if anything his base stats should have remained exactly as they were, if not even a bit lower in favour of more growth.

* Bors' base stats are still as bad as ever. You've given him some nice growths, but honestly bases are far more important.

* Wolt's base stats are still too low, and his growths are now overkill. Again, there isn't a balance here. Bows are now much better of course, but that only makes his growths more overkill than they already are, even if they help him early on.

* Alan and Lance's new growths... Did they really need to be buffed? Like Marcus, they were more than good enough before.

Roy seems to be the only character with good changes. High growths is important for someone who premotes as late as he does (unless you've changed that). Rapier could use a buff, though.

If you want some guidance on balance changes then take a look at this. But then my hack (yet to be properly finished/released) is primarily a difficulty one, so some of the balance changes are made in account for that. Although I realise your changes are meant to have made the game easier (by having higher growth total)? If that's the intention then I suppose it matters little; I don't think balance is too important if so.

* I hadn't realized that Lances had gotten a buff in FE7 as well, I'll rectify this right away.

*My idea for Pre-Promotes vs Unpromoted was that the former got great bases and terrible growths, while the latter got great growths and you know 'eh' bases obviously this still needs to be balanced out

*I'll modify Bors bases

*I'm... reluctant to modify Wolts bases because as an archer he's already serving his job as indirect damage expert. especially when you pick up the Longbow. As for his 'unbalanced' growths, my (rather stupid) idea was that Wolt was the glass cannon and Dorothy was the mighty glacier. Of course the way it works out is Wolts Strength Cap is much to low for his actual strength and will never be hit, I'll be rectifying this however

*All the unpromoted units base growths were boosted to 320, I wasn't going to deny Alan and Lance that for any reason. While this may make them more powerful their bases haven't changed.

*Roy's promotion time is Chapter 16/16x not 21/21x coenciding with his becoming leader of the Etrurian Army.

Believe it or not DLuna I actually have had your notes on hand before Higher growths was meant to be met with more varied and stronger enemies. However doing that has been quite difficult.

1.8 will be out soon with quite a few changes. including a work around for all current bugs (that I'm aware of)

RELEASE 1.8

-Fixed the Chapter 14 bug

-Sophia is now Level 8 and has a buff to her statistics. She wont solo the chapter but she's way more useful than she was.

-Wendy got a general boost to her statistics

-Divine Weapons reduced to 50 uses

-Luna Driver got a stat debuff and reduced to 50 uses, also fixed the animation and it now uses the Eclipse animation (I definitly need to get it a custom one in 3.0 though)

-Any bow I left 2-2 is now 2-3

-For now (to save us the bug on Chapter 16x and 16) Douglas is holding both a second Luna Driver and the Joyeuse in chapter 16x. You will get ANOTHER Joyeuse on chapter 21 with Gale (also carrying a second Clarent) so people purposfully aiming for the bad end can get it eventually.

-Sword of Seals is still unlimited, you have it for so little time I hardly see how it massivly affects you.

-Henning has a Stat-Debuff, and is now carrying a Heroes Crest (Right now He's impossible without Promoted units)

-Each of the Divine Weapon Bosses is holding their promotion item (Except for the Nomad Troopers, I'm 90% sure you get 4 Orion Bolts through NORMAL gameplay, if not I'll change this)

-Exaccus has 50 uses and is rewarded to the player upon completing Chapter 22. It can only be used by Roy and Guinevere.

-ALL Weapons are at their FE7 stats (Excluding the bows increased range)

-Wolt and Bors as per suggesting have a base growth, while Wolt's growths have been more shuffled around, to give him a larger focus on resistance and less strength and HP (He'll still likely cap strength but not at 20/2 like he looked like he was going to)

-Marcus got a stat debuff

Patch will be up as soon as I figure out the perfect placement of the Exaccus drop event (so fairly soon)

I want to say something. Since just about every weapon got buffed, why not give Mamkutes 1-2 range.

Good point, I'll add that on.

How odd, I'm getting the exact OPPOSITE of the bug I got with 16x, when you reach chapter 23 the opening event just doesn't play for some odd reason (maybe cause I sharked all the divine weapons in for the sake of this test)

ARGH! I think it's been overwritten but I can't tell. Why does nothing ever work in this damn hack? It's 2 AM and I need to be up early tommorow so I'll try and fix this tommorow (probably reverting to a back up)

Edited by Onmi