Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

Is it me or are the enemies stronger here then in the original? Because they seem to have higher stats then I remember them having... (I actually had to use Marcus in the early game for a change.)

Alan for me became a beast for me while Lance turned out utterly useless (6 Strength and 8 speed by level 7) and made me reset chapter 7 around 12 times because he kept dying.. (Usually because of 3 range archers >.<) I almost considered leaving him dead after the 12th time...

3 range bows added a huge amount of difficulty but proved to be useful occasionally.

Anyways I enjoyed this hack.

EDIT: The archer near lilina has an Iron bow rather then a short bow, and atttempts to kill her her right away due to it's 3 range (Lilina cannot get out of it's range) so you have to use merlinus as bait and have someone guard him from the enemy units above him. (The archer will attack Lilina unless Merlinus is in range, because for some odd reason he won't attack anyone else that you use as bait.)

Edited by Cloud

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when I recompiled the maps (when I was trying to figure out what was causing Chapter 22->23 screw ups) that I must've reinserted the old maps. very simple to fix up.

HOLY ****! The Boss of Chapter 8x has the Durandal!!!!! I had to have Marcus weaken him with his silver lance (While Clarine healed him) and when he was at 2 hp I had Roy kill him with the rapier (For the accuracy).

I find Marcus in normal mode to be much more useful then he used to be.

EDIT: BTW a lot of the pirates and fighters in chapter 9 have the sea sword rather then an axe, making them unable to attack.

Edited by Cloud

There's like 10 minutes left to friday so let's belt this out real quick

Joyeuse: Joyeuse is a weapon from the 'Song of Roland' and the personal weapon of King Charlemagne. In The Divine War, the Joyeuse is a royal blade of Etruria, passed down from Kings in times of war (Or Queens I guess if Etruria is progressive like that) It holds the same properties of a Divine Weapon (Dragon Slaying abilities) but does not boost any attributes. When Roy becomes the head of the Etrurian Army, Elphin gives him the Joyeuse to replace the outdated and underpowered Rapier he was previously using.

The Weapons Story:

An army traveling to a dragons lair in an unknown land were faced with a quandary. How would they defeat the beast? The 4 greatest warriors converged for a meeting.

"With magic" said one, "We shall bombard the creature with spells from afar until it's scales are shattered and its heart stopped." But the others disagreed.

"The Dragon would resist such magic, and would only bring more foes." There was great debate between the 4 as the next warrior spoke.

"We should strike with bows from afar," he said "As anything that flies will fall to the ground when it's wings are clipped." Again the others disagreed.

"If the Dragon does not fly, the bows will be useless, for the dragons scales are far too thick." and the 4 bickered amongst themselves once again.

"We should forge the heaviest and strongest weapons," said the third as he hefted his mighty axe high, "With such physical strength even a dragon will be overwhelmed."

And for a third time the others disagreed. "Your heavy weapon is inaccurate and slow, the Dragon would kill you before you could hit." Finally the 4th warrior proposed his plan.

"We shall launch a strike with our mounted vanguard, Where strength and magic can not prevail, numbers shall. The dragon will fall before more can arrive." Of course, for a final time, the others objected. "Would the entire vanguard die over one dragon? The cost is much too large." The four realized none of their plans would work as a shriek tore through the nights sky and crimson flames scorched the earth. They took off in the direction of the dragon as they came across a wiry young man standing atop its corpse.

"Pray, how did you fell such a beast?" the Magician asked.

"Where weight would hinder me I enchanted, where numbers would suffer I went alone, where range would fail I moved with stealth and where magic would fail I cut." The man held aloft his sword which radiated with all the brilliance of the stars. "This sword is lighter than any axe, with as much magical power as any tome, usable by any man and able to strike with distance like a bow." The 4 warriors watched in awe as the General opened his mouth.

"Why have you slain this dragon, oh wise warrior?" he asked, and the young man climbed down to meet them eye to eye.

"I wish to create my own kingdom with the riches of this horde. I see amongst you the bravest, the strongest, the smartest and the quickest, but you all lack the wisdom to use those assets. Join me in my dream and you shall serve as my generals."

So upon the gold of dragons slain and the wits of a dreaming thief came the nation of Etruria, and the sword that had built it would be reforged and re-purposed as it was passed down through generations.

In Summary: A thief killed a dragon, what would be Etrurias original 4 generals would help him build his kingdom.

Edited by Onmi

Bug or intentional?

When I promoted Cath she loses 6 speed and 2 move <_<

Bug and I swore to flapping god I fixed that before (Wow that should be the new subtitle of this thread "I swear to god I fixed that!")

In case it helps in fixing things:

- other than losing stats her map icon (when moving) and status screen icon is that of an Armor Knight. Battle sprite is correct though.

Other things I noticed:

- Is it possible to replace one of the early orion's bolts with a Guiding Ring? With how much Lilina rocks in this one and the fact that Saul is a monk I think people are much more likely to want to promote 2 magic users earlier rather than 2 archers (when you might not even use 2 of them to begin with). Reference: You get 2 Orion's bolts by chapter 11, one from a chest and one from Klein if all his troops live. You only have one guiding ring at this point and the next one is at chapter 14.

- Chapter 8. Those Archers near Lilina. They need some fixing. The far one has a steel bow and OHKOs her, the near one with iron bow makes it impossible to stay out of his range. AS it is the only way to save Lilina is to burn some uses off a Physic Staff (and you need a healer with at least 6-7 magic to be able to reach her to begin with) and/or a longbow (which entails having a good archer at this point of the game).

- Archers. Dorothy and Wolt sucks. Mostly due to their horrid bases compared to others. Sue has the same issue with bases but the fact that she's mounted (and can hit and run) makes feeding her kills MUCH easier and safer.

- Ray and Miledy seems to have rather... well... crap bases compared to the rest of the cast. Miledy could barely handle the dragon riders in the chapter she joins one on one.

- The arena is weird. On one hand, most sword-users can breeze through it with ease (Dieck, Noah, Fir, Cath even). On the other hand, spear users have a hell of a time. Especially the peggies, who somehow gets DOUBLED by arena mryms despite them already capping Spd.

- Noah's pallete seems to be messed up when he promoted, with his blue armor turning grayish. Bug or intentional?

In case it helps in fixing things:

- other than losing stats her map icon (when moving) and status screen icon is that of an Armor Knight. Battle sprite is correct though.

Other things I noticed:

- Is it possible to replace one of the early orion's bolts with a Guiding Ring? With how much Lilina rocks in this one and the fact that Saul is a monk I think people are much more likely to want to promote 2 magic users earlier rather than 2 archers (when you might not even use 2 of them to begin with). Reference: You get 2 Orion's bolts by chapter 11, one from a chest and one from Klein if all his troops live. You only have one guiding ring at this point and the next one is at chapter 14.

- Chapter 8. Those Archers near Lilina. They need some fixing. The far one has a steel bow and OHKOs her, the near one with iron bow makes it impossible to stay out of his range. AS it is the only way to save Lilina is to burn some uses off a Physic Staff (and you need a healer with at least 6-7 magic to be able to reach her to begin with) and/or a longbow (which entails having a good archer at this point of the game).

- Archers. Dorothy and Wolt sucks. Mostly due to their horrid bases compared to others. Sue has the same issue with bases but the fact that she's mounted (and can hit and run) makes feeding her kills MUCH easier and safer.

- Ray and Miledy seems to have rather... well... crap bases compared to the rest of the cast. Miledy could barely handle the dragon riders in the chapter she joins one on one.

- The arena is weird. On one hand, most sword-users can breeze through it with ease (Dieck, Noah, Fir, Cath even). On the other hand, spear users have a hell of a time. Especially the peggies, who somehow gets DOUBLED by arena mryms despite them already capping Spd.

- Noah's pallete seems to be messed up when he promoted, with his blue armor turning grayish. Bug or intentional?

-Yeah I was going to put stealable items on each boss starting chapter 4, I'll throw in a guiding ring.

-I'll definitly fix the bow issue on that chapter

-definitly fixing Bases. Though I sorta don't want to on the premise that all that range + good bases would probably knock them into overpowered. But then again chip damage is sorta pointless when your other units can all OHKO

-Yeah not sure what happened with Ray and Miledy

-Oh the Arena has ALWAYS been that way for me, so I have no idea.

-Nope Noah is supposed to turn Silver, unless his hair became screwed up or something, show me a screen cap. I kept his Pallet saved just in case

On the archer end, wolt is probably less of an issue since he's auto-deployed for 5 chapters. Dorothy is the one with issues though. IMHO Sue is fine despite her bases, thanks to mounted units being able to move after attacking. Granted, I don't think many people will bother with Wolt/Dorothy given that Kleine joins with OMGWTF bases compared to them. :XD: IF Igrene is similarly scaled (haven't played past 13 yet) then there's even less point to poor wolt and dorothy.

On the Noah thing, it's intentional then. Nothing changed other than his armor/shield color.

I've been reading over this thread and this looks like a great re-tooling of FE6 and would love to give it a run through,

Although I just noticed the little bugs pointed out a few posts above and I shall wait for the next patch.

Not to be rude but how long of a wait do you think that shall be?

You can reverse the graphics of the animation by finding them in GBAGE. If you know what you're doing, this is one possible solution. Although if you're using the dark dragon breath for the Dark Dragon too, then it's probably not a solution.

In which case I'm wasting my time. ._.

I've been reading over this thread and this looks like a great re-tooling of FE6 and would love to give it a run through,

Although I just noticed the little bugs pointed out a few posts above and I shall wait for the next patch.

Not to be rude but how long of a wait do you think that shall be?

Probably this thursday (Australian time) Thursday is my only REAL day off and I even lost that last week due to something I had to attend that day. I know what to look for so it wont take me too long.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been playing this recently, and I just wanted to point out a couple of things.

The things I enjoyed:

I like Roys earlier promotion and Guinevre's recruitment. They were both super awesome.

The Strength Magic split is super awesome as well. In fact, I pretty much love everything you did that you didn't use nightmare for. In that case...

The things I didn't enjoy:

I dislike that you changed the pallettes around for some of the characters. I wanted Noah to be a paladin, but when I switch his class, his battle pallettes all messed up. Lillina's pallet is odd too. I can tell you wanted to make it more red, but it looks odd.

Suggestions:

I don't know why you made Guinevre's battle sprite the beta sprite both times. You could have gone: Eirika (unpromoted) to beta Eirika. Also, couldn't you import another animation for Roy? Maybe Eliwood's unpromoted sprite? Again, the same battle sprite gets old after a while. You overrode several classes that I felt were quite odd. I don't know why you didn't use the child/ citizen for over riding, since it's not like either one of them ever do anything. You could have also left the map sprites, as long as they were unmounted. Maybe it was fixed in the most recent patch?

Edited by Bryan

• 1 month later...

I like this patch.

Anything new? It's been like 3-4 months since hearing from Onmi.

Don't tell me he's gotten sick of FE6 and adding new resources to it.

Edited by Lady Lyndis

• 1 month later...

okay i think i have the latest patch, and i'm playing chapter 7 and i'm getting destroyed. all the units' level and hp seem too high.they're doing too much damage and i cant seem to kill them in one battle. i know i gotta use strategy and all that but, normal footsoldiers are hitting me for 10+ damage. can you think about scaling the levels a bit in the next patch? and lower their skill a tiny bit also.

well if someone does take up this project, i'd like to help. not directly because i'm terrible with this sort of thing. but i can give some suggestions.

buff thany. her growths are pretty lackluster.

if he hasn't done it already, give exxacus some sort of buff. CON +5 or SPEED +% or something to offset it's weight. but lower zephiel's base speed, so he doesn't pwn you with it.

raise the HIT of lances. axes shouldn't be better.

buff saul's luck growth a bit. my saul is a level 20 monk and it hasn't gone up once.

can you raise sue's def growth a bit? same as saul but with def.

might be old but i came across a glitch. i was in the arena with chad and i fought a brigand with an iron bow. the arena screen didn't load, and chad's mini portrait took damage and the arena told me i lost.

a few things i ust thought i might mention. i'll post more as i get farther.

buff thany. her growths are pretty lackluster.

Her GROWTHS aren't the problem (unless that's been changed which is admittedly probable)

if he hasn't done it already, give exxacus some sort of buff. CON +5 or SPEED +% or something to offset it's weight. but lower zephiel's base speed, so he doesn't pwn you with it.

'Let's buff Zephiel's speed by five, but lower his speed by five to compensate, thus having no effect on gameplay but leaving the impression that Zephiel's skill as a fighter is entirely reliant upon his weapon.' Brilliant.

raise the HIT of lances. axes shouldn't be better.

...Why not? (Unless you mean better at hitting)

buff saul's luck growth a bit. my saul is a level 20 monk and it hasn't gone up once.

can you raise sue's def growth a bit? same as saul but with def.

I once had a Hector with a higher speed than he had strength. Does that mean it's normal?

Although I doubt anyone will pick this up, could you at least THINK about your suggestions?