Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have an editable copy anymore, but Baiting with Merlinus is supposed to work. It's supposed to be that she's not in any danger, you must have an older version of that hack.

---

Speaking of work on the hack, I've just finished Roy/Cecilia, Roy/Guinevere, and am working on the Roy/Eliwood support. I've also got Mappy open and realized I'm a terrible mapper, though I'm getting slightly better. Mostly because the resolution of my computer makes all the blocks tiny. so I can't tell the difference when selecting them

If you use Tiled it does map changes for you AND there's a zoom. This is in strikethrough so Kitty of Time doesn't see it. If he does he'll kill everything.

*peers intently*

hmmmmmmm

*squints*

YOU BASTARD

I SEE EVERYTHING

badassplz.gif?1

anyway, switch from FE6 to FE8 should be interesting, what do you plan to do about the colors of the sprites, since FE6 colored stuff might look bad vs FE8 BGs.

Also, any possibly reclassing?

Edited by Kitty of Time

*peers intently*

hmmmmmmm

*squints*

YOU BASTARD

I SEE EVERYTHING

badassplz.gif?1

anyway, switch from FE6 to FE8 should be interesting, what do you plan to do about the colors of the sprites, since FE6 colored stuff might look bad vs FE8 BGs.

Also, any possibly reclassing?

I'm perfectly able to recolor things to fit with the game world. and yes there will be reclassing, off the top of my head right now it's limited to

Noah-> Mercenary (The idea was if Fir was going to seek out someone to learn swordplay from, the mounted Cavalier was probably a bad choice compared to someone with comparative but different sword play)

Treck-> Soldier (I figured if I was going to change what it meant to be in the 'Knight Corp' I might as well go whole hog considering Soldier was becoming a playable class)

Zealot-> Halberdier (Zealot, when we see him at another time is actually a Paladin, But he loses the horse during the invasion of Ilia by Bern. It's also a reference to the Dismount Feature in some FE games.)

Saul-> Monk (To give you an early light magic user)

However, I'm trying to keep promotions branched and opened so people have a lot more unique split promotions

If you use Tiled it does map changes for you AND there's a zoom. This is in strikethrough so Kitty of Time doesn't see it. If he does he'll kill everything.

To be clear I'm trying to zoom in on the Tileset, not the map itself. Though... what do you mean it does map changes for you?

---

And now, behold the (Rather cheesy) new support set for Roy/Cecilia, hopefully with minimal typos

[spoiler=C Support]

Roy: ! Look out!

Cecilia: Gah!

Roy: Are you okay?! should I call a healer?

Cecilia: It was just a glancing blow Roy, what are you doing over here anyway?

Roy: Huh?

Cecilia: Usually you're up front with the Knights, it's odd to see you back here with the mages.

Roy: Oh... I figured I would come back to check up on you, see if you were doing alright. You were badly wounded when you fought Zephiel.

Cecilia: That's cute, if you keep showing concern like that Lilina will get jealous.

Roy: What does Lilina have to be jealous of? Anyway if you're okay I should head back to the front.

*Roy Leaves*

Cecilia: Wonderful warrior, great understanding of tactics, dense as steel axe.

[spoiler=B Support]

Cecilia: Roy, I have a problem with the newest troop arrangements, mostly about how the mages have all been relegated to the far back.

Roy: Oh... well I considered the danger of a mage facing physical attacks and figured it would be best to keep them out of harms way.

Cecilia: While that's all well and good, as far back as we are we can't engage the enemy period. Not unless you're willing to invest a significant amount into Bolting tomes.

Roy: I wonder...

Cecilia: don't even joke! Roy, what's gotten into you? ever since our last chat you've been limiting the mages and it's becoming annoying.

Roy: ... too much blood.

Cecilia: What?

Roy: There was way too much blood when we found you! if it wasn't for Sophia you could have died in that dungeon! do you know how frightened that made me? you're- never mind! I'll rescind the order! So just go back to the fight!

*Roy leaves*

Cecilia: Why is he so upset? was he really that worried about me? could he...

[spoiler=A Support]

Cecilia: Roy, we need to talk

Roy: General Cecilia, I trust there isn't a problem with our troop formation?

Cecilia: No, Roy, we need to talk about us, as in you and me"

Roy: Terribly busy. Ooh look a sword, I better go grab it!

*Roy attempts to leave but Cecilia grabs him*

Cecilia: Don't cut me out Roy, tell me what's- MMF?

*Roy Turns around and kisses Cecilia, Cecilia backs up*

Roy: Do you have any idea how scared I was about losing you? You didn't find it weird how attentive I was in classes? most 15 year old boys try to get out of their schooling.

Cecilia: I... thought it was a little off. You seemed like you wanted to learn

Roy: No, I wanted you, I attended every class, every lecture, every extra curricular exercise because it meant spending more time with you!

Roy: When I heard you had fallen, I lost control of myself and threw myself into battle against the Etrurian forces. I didn't care about tactics, or my own well being, I simply wanted to be at your side. And then I saw you lying there, so pale...

Cecilia: I didn't know...

Roy: So there, now that we have that out of the way, I can go back to winning this wa-

*Cecilia embraces Roy*

Cecilia: You don't get to walk away from confessing like that, so you better take responsibility.

Roy: Gen-

Cecilia: No, no 'General' Cecilia anymore Roy, just call me Cecilia.

Roy: Yes... Cecilia, I love you...

Cecilia: I know.

I had the most fun writing the Eliwood/Roy dialogue, especially for Support B, where Eliwood decides to give his son 'The Talk' about all those potential wives.

Edited by Onmi

Ephebophile actually.

And while I haven't finished the A or C support yet, have Eliwood/Roy's B Support

[spoiler=B Support]Eliwood: Now Roy, I know you're reaching that age where you begin to notice the opposite sex

Roy: We aren't having this conversation, I am walking away

Eliwood: Oh come on I'm your father, you can talk to me, I had my fair share of trysts

Roy: Oh that's disgusting

Eliwood: Tell me who's out there, lets see what we can do.

Roy: You wont leave this alone?

Eliwood: Not on your life.

Roy: Well... There's Lilina.

Eliwood: Ahh, Hectors daughter, you know he predicted you two getting together, I called him paranoid. So for the record watch your back.

Roy:... I will, anyway, there's the Pegasus Knight who came with Dieck's group, Thany.

Eliwood: A Pegasus Knight... that was an enjoyable experience, trust me they are experts at "rubbing", the cold weather you see. And they have experience riding-

Roy: Please stop talking

Eliwood: Who's next or I'll start going into intimate detail

Roy: Well... There's Guinevere...

Eliwood: Who would have guessed that little girl would spring into such a beauty huh? But think before you enter into this, Zephiel already wants you dead. Then again screaming "Hey Zephiel, I'm Fu-"

Roy: I GET IT!

Eliwood: Great battle cry, throw him right off.

Roy: Let's just move on. There's Sue, she's the nomad girl we encountered on our way to Ostia

Eliwood: From Sacae, hehe, fond memories of a Sacaen girl as well. She was a little rough around the edges but mmm could she-

Roy: I'm starting to see why Zephiel killed his own father.

Eliwood: Nah Zephiel's just a bastard child, anyway that's all?

Roy: No there's the Dancer, Lalum from the Western Isles...

Eliwood: Ooh, a Dancer-

Roy: Please don't, I promise I will do whatever you say for a month so long as your don't-

Eliwood: always check to make sure they aren't dragons.

Roy: Ewww-ait, is that something that happens often?

Eliwood: Can't hurt.

Roy: Well there's the Shaman girl from Nabata, Sophia...

Eliwood: Sheesh, how many women are you lusting over?

Roy: And General Cecilia...

Eliwood: I think we're going to need another talk...

Edited by Onmi

So I figured since I was here, I would actually post the growths that each couple gives, Originally I didn't post them because I wanted to see people pick who they liked better to what they knew would statistically be superior.

---

The Young Lion Mothers

(Mother: Ninian)

HP: 120

Str: 45

Skill: 50

Spd: 75

Luck: 85

Def: 45

Res: 70

(Mother: Lyn)

HP: 115

Strength: 65

Skill: 80

Speed: 70

Luck: 70

Defense: 40

Res: 50

(Mother: Fiora)

Str: 65

Spd: 65

Luck: 60

Def: 40

Res: 60

---

The Beautiful Duchess Mothers

(Mother: Lyn)

Mag: 70

Spd: 75

Luck: 70

Res: 40

(Mother: Florina)

HP: 105

Mag: 70

Skill: 70

Spd: 70

Luck: 65

Def: 40

Res: 45

(Mother: Farina)

Mag: 80

Skill: 60

Spd: 60

Def: 50

---

The Dutiful Archer Fathers

(Father: Wil)

HP: 105

Str: 70

Skill: 75

Luck: 65

Def: 25

Res: 40

(Father: Lowen)

Str: 50

Skill: 55

Spd: 60

Luck: 75

(Father: Sain)

HP: 110

Str: 80

Skill: 60

Def: 25

Res: 35

---

Child of Anima/Child of Darkness Fathers

*For the Benefit of not making this completely skewered, the boys will take their mothers growths as dominant.

(Father: Erk)

HP: 90

Strength: 70

Speed: 85

Defense: 25

Res: 70

(Father: Jaffar)

HP: 90

Strength: 60

Speed: 80

Luck: 55

Defense: 30

Res: 65

---

And while I haven't finished the A or C support yet, have Eliwood/Roy's B Support

[spoiler=B Support]Eliwood: Now Roy, I know you're reaching that age where you begin to notice the opposite sex

Eliwood: Oh come on I'm your father, you can talk to me, I had my fair share of trysts

Eliwood: Ahh, Hectors daughter, you know he predicted you two getting together, I called him paranoid. So for the record watch your back.

Roy:... I will, anyway, there's the Pegasus Knight who came with Dieck's group, Thany.

Eliwood: A Pegasus Knight... that was an enjoyable experience, trust me they are experts at "rubbing", the cold weather you see. And they have experience riding-

Eliwood: Who would have guessed that little girl would spring into such a beauty huh? But think before you enter into this, Zephiel already wants you dead. Then again screaming "Hey Zephiel, I'm Fu-"

Roy: Let's just move on. There's Sue, she's the nomad girl we encountered on our way to Ostia

Eliwood: From Sacae, hehe, fond memories of a Sacaen girl as well. She was a little rough around the edges but mmm could she-

Roy: Please don't, I promise I will do whatever you say for a month so long as your don't-

That's not a serious support... that's something you see in the joke threads. Both of them are OOC as crap.

Gatrie: I think I'm in love.

Shinon: No you aren't.

Gatrie: No, I really am!

Shinon: I doubt it.

Gatrie: I met this girl, and we really hit it off.

Shinon: No you didn't.

Gatrie: She didn't hit me, or run away, or call her husband or anything!

Shinon: I hate you, die.

Gatrie: That sounds like best man talk! I'm gonna go get a ring!

*Gatrie leaves*

Shinon: Rolf!

Rolf: Yes, uncle Shinon?

Shinon: Go take the skirt off the tree, this isn't as funny as I thought it would be.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Ephebophile actually.

what the fuck

no

that doesn't make everything suddenly alright

This is the worst and most out of character support ever. I want to kill myself over it.

But just from a hacking perspective, say that his entire support list is dead?

Then again, Cecilia's already fucking a guy half his age, I'm sure Roy humping Sophia's cold corpse isn't too out of it by this stage

-Expanding the amount of supports for each character

WHY: FE8 caps off at 7 supports each, for Roy and Lilina, this is a bit of a problem. I tried editing the Nightmare Module but that didn't work, I have no idea what I have to do honestly. But I will need to expand it or I'll have to cut supports even if I don't want to.

Well, it would be kinda mean NOT to address something hacking related and just take a shot at that OOC support.

So yes, this is a bit of a problem, considering how the game keeps track of the support points in the RAM... and FE6 Roy and Lilina has 10... which basically uses ALL of them.

So expanding supports is an ASM problem.

what the fuck

no

that doesn't make everything suddenly alright

This is the worst and most out of character support ever. I want to kill myself over it.

But just from a hacking perspective, say that his entire support list is dead?

Then again, Cecilia's already fucking a guy half his age, I'm sure Roy humping Sophia's cold corpse isn't too out of it by this stage

I didn't say it made it alright. The only reason Cecilia is a romantic support is, lo and behold? It's still that in the original FE6. Just ya know, lacking any sort of passion. And character.

Cecilia and Roy

• Cecilia accompanied Roy to Pherae, where she helped rebuild the battered land. She eventually married Roy, continuing to offer him close support and aid as the duchess of Pherae.

Rest assured I do take peoples concerns seriously, I've seen people like the Eliwood B Support and I've seen people hate it. Nothing is set in stone for the supports. I was just going to throw it out anyway because as you mentioned, there's no real way to accommodate for the support list being dead, that's roughly what killed their C Support. Which was Eliwood going philosophical on whether fate or free will lead people like Clarine, Lugh and Fir to Roy, when their parents served him, and a good back and forth between the father and son on their perspectives. Roy believed that everyone was free to make their own choices, and ultimately that was what mattered, While Eliwoods perspective on the matter is that there are too many threads of connection for it to be mere chance.

See the B and C supports were supposed to contrast, the latter was Eliwood at his most serious, contemplating the nature of the universe, whether or not the actions he took so many years ago were his own, or whether his choices were simply fate that he has to abide by. While the latter shows that, yes he's still a DAD and doesn't mind messing with his son.

Of course you yourself pointed out the problem with both the B support and C support. It references people who may or may not be alive. While the B support could be limited to Guinevere and Lilina (both lords so there's no chance for either of them to be dead) there's really nothing I can do about the C support. Though I still want to explore the idea that Eliwood isn't sure if his choices are his own.

Now, I fairly accept criticism that viewpoint seems out of character for Eliwood, perfectly understandable. Except I would like to point out it's been 20 years since Fire Emblem 7, He's raised his son on his own (Regardless of parent choice, Roy's mother disappeared early enough that he doesn't know who his mother is. Though rest assured your decisions about who his mother is will still influence what goes on) He's had a lot of time to really analyze what was important in life.

The best way I can describe it is that, in the B Support Eliwood jokes around about his 'trysts' and seems to not take the concept of a relationship very seriously. During Spotlight: Noah (A chapter featuring him, Noah and Dieck, requiring all 3 to be alive as well as Fir of course) has him telling Noah that "A man doesn't choose a woman, she chooses him" because Noah is fretting about his own feelings. He makes light of his own relationships, but they were still something very serious to him, and he learned from what he considered his own pigheaded actions.

Still. Complaints noted, I will definitely endeavor to make a less... well 'Random' support I would call it.

Edited by Onmi

well yea it sounds a bit cheesy but its a rough draft. he'll edit it and make it sound less modern and it'll come out alright. besides, its a hack. does it have to be 100% authentic? otherwise wouldn't be much point in hacking it in the first place.

Edited by izanagi61

If you're going to make a hack and use already existing characters, yeah, it should sound authentic. They're not your characters, they should sound like how they were written. If he wanted to make his own characters and write something like that, that's his prerogative, since they would be his. But if he's going to make them sound like completely different people, we're gonna criticize him for it.

If he wanted to make his own characters and write something like that, that's his prerogative, since they would be his. But if he's going to make them sound like completely different people, we're gonna criticize him for it.

Especially considering it involves Eliwood, one of the three lords of the debut of Fire Emblem into the realm outside of Japan. And Roy, the one who made his debut in Smash Bros. even before that.

My gosh, the "Ooh a dancer" comment from him in that support made me CRINGE moreso than probably anyone in this forum. Especially considering how it's Lalum they're taking about AND a certain supported pairing for Roy's mother involving that class.

In the Writing

Finished the Alpha of the Wolt vs Narshen Plot-Line

[spoiler= Outline of the Wolt vs Narshen plotline]The Wolt vs Narshen Plot-Line requires Wolt to be alive throughout, if at any point he dies, the plot line just ends and that's the end of that. The plot begins on Chapter 3 when Narshen is escaping from the map. So long as Wolt is still alive Roy will order him to shoot Narshen down. Of course he's still an Archer while Narshen is Promoted and carrying the Delphi Shield, so he fails and Narshen escapes.

After the chapter (Again providing Wolt lived) Roy and Wolt share a scene where the latter is feeling rather down because he failed, and the former is trying to cheer him up/remind him that Wolt's his best friend and brother (Symbolic not literal) Wolt vows that next time he see's Narshen (He doesn't know his name yet so he just refers to him as 'That Dragon Lord') he will shoot him down.

The next scene takes place after Chapter 9 (NEW) which is a Defense map where Bern's troops attempt to take the city and you have to defend the walls. After the cutscene that usually plays at the end of 8/x Wolt will have a scene with Roy, saying he again tried to shoot down Narshen but his arrow just snapped when it hit him (Wolt has to be deployed on Chapter 9 to get this scene) Roy suggests they ask Merlinus about any items that would cause that (This is also handy for players to learn about the Delphi Shield, even though everyone playing should already know)

The next Scene takes place at the beginning of Chapter 16 (OLD) Wolt will tell Roy that he wants to be deployed because he knows Narshen is defending the keep and he wants to make up for his past failures in his own eyes. He has special battle dialogue with Narshen, and has to kill him to get the final part of the plot. If all the requirements have been fulfilled, Wolt being deployed on 9 and 16, killing Narshen, still being alive obviously, then he'll get a unique Bow weapon. If anyone else kills Narshen then Wolt gets squat, has a scene where he vents his frustration, but calms down when Roy talks with him

-Finished the Alpha of the Wolt/Roy supports (C/B/A)

In mapping

Still working on chapter 1 (Not even Alpha in my opinion)

jztg74.jpg

Here's what the map looks like now, poor quality and quite painful actually. Everything inside the red box was the original Chapter 1 of FE6, which should give you an idea on how much bigger the map has gotten.

The idea of the map is incredibly simple, the player starts with Roy, Marcus, Wolt, Bors and Alan in the far left (probably going to delete the lower left village) and must capture the fort to recruit Lance, and then capture the castle to win the map. There's a slight twist in that you technically already control the castle, in the sense that Eliwood is sitting atop it and is keeping it nice and warm. Of course he can't move because he's currently engaging the boss of the map, a Dragon Lord. (A promoted boss on the first map? yes but you have two promoted units to weaken it and FE5 did it on the second map anyway) There are two 'named' forces though both are enemies. Mercenaries consist of Fighters, Archers, Thieves and a few magic units along the lower path. The mercenary boss is (lo and behold) a Mercenary, guarding the fort. You can consider this the proper boss for your army in the first chapter. (really most people wont want Eliwood going around killing everything because he wont be back until after the Western Isles)

The northern front is full of Berns soldiers, quite literally Soldiers, Myrmidons and low level Dragon Knights, appropriate since this was supposed to be a Vanguard force meant to blitz into Lycia and capture Pherae. You never have to take the upper route of course, and it's dangerous to do so. While not complete that mountain range forms a choke point, which is wonderful news for Bors, but also means that the dragons who AREN'T hindered by the mountains will be bombarding you on all sides. however it's the quickest way to the Castle so you can claim the throne.

To stop blitzing with Eliwood I intend to make it a lose-condition for the throne to be touched by an enemy (if I can) so he has to sit tight, bunker down, and wait for Roy to show up. Obvious rules of course apply, if Roy or Eliwood die, you automatically fail the mission. It's a larger chapter than Chapter 2, the reasoning being that this is a War map, while Chapter 2 is a skirmish map.

The difference between a War map and a Skirmish map is that a War map generally concerns fighting large forces on multiple fronts, often with more than one throne to capture, featuring a wider variety of enemy troops. War maps are essentially any map that features a fight for territory. Skirmish maps on the other hand are smaller, focusing often on a plot event or small scale conflict. This doesn't mean that Skirmish maps are easy, oh no. Just that they are more compressed.

There are of course sub-variants of each map, a Siege-War map takes place on a large field and is about defending an entire city, while a Siege-Skirmish maps is about protecting a keep or castle or ruin.

I must remind you the map is nowhere near done, most of what has been added is simply for outline purposes so I have a general idea where everything goes, or simply to fill empty space. The slow going of the map is because I have horrid eyesight, so distinguishing between each tile when trying to place it is difficult (Yes I know you can zoom in maps, I don't want to zoom in on the map I want to zoom in on the Tileset.

Well I didn't save and I lost most of the map, I've remade most of it though, The only problem I have? creating mountains and roads!

op07sn.jpg

As you can see I've added 5 mini-forts and a Chief Village. This makes 3 capture points on the map (The main throne, the fort, the Chief Village) The 5 Mini-forts will all produce forces on Odd Numbered turns (discounting turn 1) Fighters, Thieves, Shamans, Bandits and the Northernmost produces Dragon Riders. I'll definitly be going through and changing up the tree's/pacing them better throughout the map. The Tree ST is of course the start place. I wanted to depict Roy and his knights entering from a raised, forested area. Not going as well as I hoped. Those mountains of course will be reformed into a proper mountain pair, It's still a High Risk deathtrap of course.

Voted!

I wanna add the pairing Lyn/Rath to parenting Sue and the (unofficial) pairing Oswen/Serra for Bors & Wendy's parents.

I'll love also to know what was the fate of the inheritor of the house of Cornwell (Raven, Priscilla + Lucius & Erk?). They should appears in some new chapter (at least as NPC).

Some other characters from Blazing Sword should also make a brief comeo (Pent, Louise, Vaida, Harken, Isadora, Geitz, Wallace, Renaud)

You should also introduce the Tactician in the story..

I'll loved to see some joigned ending as FE7 and FE8's for the most important pairing (for exemple Fyr/Noah, Igrene/Astol or Sue/Shin of they get an A-support)

I appreciate the fact their's no longer Splited path... That's something that frustrated me in most Fire Emblem. For the case Lalam/Elphim I propose you to "change" the classe of Elphim to a "magic" bard (like Levin in FE4) or as a Monk (FE7 Lucius & FE8 Arthur's class)

Seperate Magic and Strenght is a wonderfull idea (in my opinion). To take more benefit of it, you should create more magic sword (and some Florete like Mist's in FE10). This also need units which can use both (like FE4 Mage Fighter/Knight or FE4/9 Valkiries)

And Canto is a benediction! As well as Roy earlier promotion!